Bobby Madden , Celtic should report to SfA for biased performance

He absolutely was shocking Tony, but I don't believe for a minute he was the reason we lost.
The thing is Frank, we will never truly know. The truth is that our players didn't do enough but also they were severely handicapped by a shockingly biased referee. We all agree that Rogic was not up to his best but we all watched open-mouthed at the treatment he was allowed to receive at every single time he challenged for the ball. He was wrestled and kicked by several sevco players who remained unpunished for breaking the laws of the game - this was highlighted when he was clearly hugged by Bassey (I think) for several seconds in a rugby tackle only for Madden to unbelievably blow for a free kick to sevco!

Madden set the tone in the first couple of minutes when Jack completely illegally wiped out Hatate and waved play on only to give sevco a free kick in the resultant breakaway when the sevco attacker dived when the Celtic defender went near to challenge him.

If the ref was applying the laws correctly then our players could have played their game much better. Bear in mind, as poor as we thought our players were we will still leading and should have been playing against only 9 or 10 opponents as Madden refused to punish players from the team he grew up supporting - I suspect we may have been in a better place and had enough to see out an uncomfortable (and undeserved?) victory like Deadco used to enjoy against us in the 1990s if the ref did as he should have done.

And yes, most of our players had an off day yesterday after an excellent run of results. But Madden contributed to that too and was an absolute disgrace and needs to be called out for it otherwise he will happily do it to us again and again, as his appalling track record shows.

The thing is Frank, we will never truly know. The truth is that our players didn't do enough but also they were severely handicapped by a shockingly biased referee. We all agree that Rogic was not up to his best but we all watched open-mouthed at the treatment he was allowed to receive at every single time he challenged for the ball. He was wrestled and kicked by several sevco players who remained unpunished for breaking the laws of the game - this was highlighted when he was clearly hugged by Bassey (I think) for several seconds in a rugby tackle only for Madden to unbelievably blow for a free kick to sevco!

Madden set the tone in the first couple of minutes when Jack completely illegally wiped out Hatate and waved play on only to give sevco a free kick in the resultant breakaway when the sevco attacker dived when the Celtic defender went near to challenge him.

If the ref was applying the laws correctly then our players could have played their game much better. Bear in mind, as poor as we thought our players were we will still leading and should have been playing against only 9 or 10 opponents as Madden refused to punish players from the team he grew up supporting - I suspect we may have been in a better place and had enough to see out an uncomfortable (and undeserved?) victory like Deadco used to enjoy against us in the 1990s if the ref did as he should have done.

And yes, most of our players had an off day yesterday after an excellent run of results. But Madden contributed to that too and was an absolute disgrace and needs to be called out for it otherwise he will happily do it to us again and again, as his appalling track record shows.
Im not one for going on about the refs Bridie but i sat in disbelief watching some of they decisions yesterday.We lost the game but i agree that prick never done his job properly and allowed TheRangers to Scyth down our players unpunished .Thats my last comment on the game.Onwards to Ross County and hopefully a step closer to winning this league HH

Im not one for going on about the refs Bridie but i sat in disbelief watching some of they decisions yesterday.We lost the game but i agree that prick never done his job properly and allowed TheRangers to Scyth down our players unpunished .Thats my last comment on the game.Onwards to Ross County and hopefully a step closer to winning this league HH
Yip - the team and us fans move on, but this time I really want our board to create merry hell about Madden's shenangins yesterday. It really was the most blatant display of Mibbery we have suffered in a long time and he really must be hammered for it (just like the goat was getting last night at his ludge).

I’m really torn on this. Madhun was terrible - and it wasn’t a case of being terrible for both sides - it was terrible in one direction. It was obvious that they decided that they were going to make it a very physical (ie dirty) game - we are a little bit lightweight at times - and instead of clamping down on that Madhun let them play that.
We didn’t turn up though - and I think this is where we miss a Broony type. When it became clear Madhun was letting stuff go someone should have absolutely cemented Lundstram and made the point to Madhun that two can play at that game. But we were too passive and pretty much were all day. So, Ross next week - take care of business then get them back on our patch and take revenge.
Hail hail

I think the pattern of success speaks volumes for the “assistance” a certain team gets from the MiB over a season.
They can pick up a title or even the occasional double without being overly good.
When we win trebles or doubles, the teams that have done that have generally been exceptional, unstoppable.
Thats the difference, for Celtic to dominate and win, we have to be exceptionally good and destroy teams.
They just need to stay in touch in games and up pops the ref at the appropriate time.
This is exactly what will happen in the cup final, no matter what Hearts show up, the MiB will take it away from them, thats a certainty.

As you say Bridie Bhoy we'll never know. Much as I agree with your comments on Madden, I think it's important to acknowledge how abysmal we were. Madden didn't cost us the game in my opinion. If your opinion differs from that, then that is fine. We now have to be single minded and win ALL of our remaining games. Thing is, we will need a massive improvement, both in attitude and application than we witnessed yesterday. On our game we are far and away the best footballing team in the country. We need to now show that in the remaining games. Any thought of it being done and dusted should not enter our psyche.

As you say Bridie Bhoy we'll never know. Much as I agree with your comments on Madden, I think it's important to acknowledge how abysmal we were. Madden didn't cost us the game in my opinion. If your opinion differs from that, then that is fine. We now have to be single minded and win ALL of our remaining games. Thing is, we will need a massive improvement, both in attitude and application than we witnessed yesterday. On our game we are far and away the best footballing team in the country. We need to now show that in the remaining games. Any thought of it being done and dusted should not enter our psyche.
I think we all agree that we were mostly abysmal yesterday, so no argument there.

I 100% agree with you that we have NOT won the league title yet. We should go on and win it from this position, but like yourself I have witnessed us stumbling before the finish line in the past and losing leagues we should have won. And being honest with ourselves, any more poor performances like yesterday will mean we struggle more than we should after fighting so hard to get into this fabulous position.

We have the players to close this out in style but I will not celebrate until we have actually clinched the league. And I am confident our players will play as they can make sure we win as many of our remaining games as it takes.

I think we all agree that we were mostly abysmal yesterday, so no argument there.

I 100% agree with you that we have NOT won the league title yet. We should go on and win it from this position, but like yourself I have witnessed us stumbling before the finish line in the past and losing leagues we should have won. And being honest with ourselves, any more poor performances like yesterday will mean we struggle more than we should after fighting so hard to get into this fabulous position.

We have the players to close this out in style but I will not celebrate until we have actually clinched the league. And I am confident our players will play as they can make sure we win as many of our remaining games as it takes.
No argument from me BB. Couldn't have put it better. HH

What worried me from yesterday wasn't the referee performance, as bad as it was, but the fact that the best footballing team in the country allowed itself to be stymied by pressing and physicality in midfield. For me, that was the crucial deciding factor in the game overall.

McGregor, Hatate, Rogic and Jota all needed to up the intensity and match the commitment. Didn't happen in this game, and it's just one game, so hopefully they learn and we move on.

But it was not the referee who caused this defeat.

Well, its either extreme bias or gross incompetence.
No inbetween.
Folk are saying it didn’t affect the result.
I disagree, 2 teams playing a game and the man in charge is influencing proceedings, albeit indirectly, that has an effect on the game itself and also the morale of the players who witness the bias.
Sevco player down play pulled back Celtic attack stopped, Celtic player down Sevco attack play on, 2 extremely similar events reffed in an entirely different way…why is the question? Bias or incompetence? There isn’t any other angle.
Thats just one example of many things from the game that were viewed differently by the ref depending what colour the shirt was.
Bias or incompetence?
This absolutely, over 120 mins and more has to have an effect on the outcome, if they had won 4-1 or we had then it makes as much as no difference, but at 1-0 or 1-1…all the difference in the world as far as Im concerned.
Managers plan, players train, tactics are laid…and it can ALL be taken apart by a ref if is so minded….thats the impact they have, teams can be relegated on their biases, lose cups and leagues on their biases or incompetence…..I don’t think we are all wrong when we say there are obvious allegiances within the ranks of the MiB and unless it is dealt with we will see many more games like this in the future…Hearts will be the victims in the final..Sevco can turn up absolutely honking, unless Hearts put 3 or 4 past them, they will not win, it just simply won’t be allowed..

What worried me from yesterday wasn't the referee performance, as bad as it was, but the fact that the best footballing team in the country allowed itself to be stymied by pressing and physicality in midfield. For me, that was the crucial deciding factor in the game overall.

McGregor, Hatate, Rogic and Jota all needed to up the intensity and match the commitment. Didn't happen in this game, and it's just one game, so hopefully they learn and we move on.

But it was not the referee who caused this defeat.
Rogic was being hacked and wrestled up untill he went off he didn't stand a chance even standing right in front of the 4th official , both managers and the linesman he was being held and thrown about by Bassey and madden gave the huns the free kick

jota is turning into christie balloning everything into row z and playing for himself as was abada which left maeda chasing the ball with nobody backing him up

Rogic was being hacked and wrestled up untill he went off he didn't stand a chance even standing right in front of the 4th official , both managers and the linesman he was being held and thrown about by Bassey and madden gave the huns the free kick

jota is turning into christie balloning everything into row z and playing for himself as was abada which left maeda chasing the ball with nobody backing him up
linesman he was being held and thrown about by Bassey and madden gave the huns the free kick

Lost the plot when he gave them that ..madness!

We are aw in agreement that brother boaby, is either totally incompetent or blatantly cheating, if he was incompetent he’d get decisions wrong for both teams, but as it’s only one team that gets punished by him, I’d say he’s blatantly cheating……..question is what is our club gonna do about it? This dignified silence or questions asked in private isn’t good enough, it the shoe was oan the other foot, the hun board would release a statement, put out a compilation video of all his “best” bits, demand he doesn’t referee any more of our games, just like they did with wullie collum, he never took charge of one of their games for 7-8 months after.

if we let it go, it will continue to happen…….THIS NEEDS TO STOP NOW 😡

We are aw in agreement that brother boaby, is either totally incompetent or blatantly cheating, if he was incompetent he’d get decisions wrong for both teams, but as it’s only one team that gets punished by him, I’d say he’s blatantly cheating……..question is what is our club gonna do about it? This dignified silence or questions asked in private isn’t good enough, it the shoe was oan the other foot, the hun board would release a statement, put out a compilation video of all his “best” bits, demand he doesn’t referee any more of our games, just like they did with wullie collum, he never took charge of one of their games for 7-8 months after.

if we let it go, it will continue to happen…….THIS NEEDS TO STOP NOW 😡
Absolutely ! Sleeping at the wheel again ,the three monkeys comes to mind see no hear no

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back