Bodo/Glimt v Celtic - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Celtic have arrived in the small town in the far north of Norway after training at Lennoxtown earlier today. Ange Postecoglou has previously said his job is to make decisions and it's his call to have had his training here rather than on their plastic pitch. Again he pointed out today that his side has already played twice this season on artificial surfaces in Scotland.

The Bodo/Glimt manager seems to be talking plenty about the weather, not sure if that's going to be too much of a factor. It will come down to the football and a two goal lead is often a deceptive advantage in football, especially when there's 90 minutes plus stoppage time to be played. If Celtic get the first goal of the game then it will rattle the Norwegians and anything is possible.

Celtic could just surprise us all tomorrow. Matt Corr is away to the game so we'll hopefully have a decent European Diary on The Celtic Star, the first since Copenhagen.

Team could well be Hart, Ralston, Juranovic, Starfelt, Carter-Viickers, McGregor, Hatate, O'Riley, Maeda, Giakoumakis and Jota.

Celtic to win 2-0 and then who knows...penalties? 5-4....

COYBIG

The home leg last week we lost as they basically ran through our non existent midfield leaving McGregor with three running at him (same as 0-4 defeat to Leverkusen). We need to stiffen up the middle by bringing in Bitton to sit and protect the back 4 and Hatate to do the closing down along with McGregor when they are in possession. Giakoumakis will most likely start given his hat trick at the weekend, unfair on Maeda who had little service last week and scored. Maeda's pace in behind will be a threat but will not likely be utilised later in the game.
Ralston for Taylor would be my other change. Juranovic is much better at RB than LB but given Taylor's performance last week JJ will need to switch and do a job for the team. Ralston's physicality can assist Abada when their left back comes marauding forward causing havoc like last week.

Hart
Ralston Carter-Vickers Starfelt Juranovic
Hatate Bitton McGregor
Abada Giakoumakis Maeda

Bain Olumayemi Taylor Scales Welsh Jullien O'Riley Rogic McCarthy Jota Forrest Dembele

I think we can win the game if we play to our best but I think the 3rd goal last week was the killer as I don't see us winning by 2 or 3. A score draw the most likely result IMO, 2-2. No injuries, or hyperthermia, ahead of Sunday will be a result.

I think we can turn this around, the teams had nothing but praise recently and last Thursday must have been a bit jolt for them, I think they'll have something to prove tomorrow.
I'm pleased that Double G got his hat trick at the weekend, he'll be a striker full of confidence now, could be a dangerous man tomorrow and we need some goals.
Think we can win in extra time.

(But I predicted we'd win the first leg 5-1 so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️)

Secondly…
I think we were well short last week rather than then being that good. The 3rd deflected goal could be the killer. I think we’ve got it about us that we can blast them, but we’ve lacked energy since the scum game. I live ange, and he’s hardly put a foot wrong, but his midfield choice last week was wrong. I think Hatate McGregor and oriley should work. Jota had a quiet game like most, I reckon if we turn up then I reckon can easily make it interesting on the night. Wouldn’t be surprised by extra time, even less surprised to be going to extra time and then they score late on, or just score first and fuck it 😬😂😭

Ffs troops it’s Bodo fucking glimt not Man City. They’re a good side but that’s it.
We had a poor game and they had a good game. They scored with their 3 shots on goal and we didn’t.
We’ve every chance if we turn up with a performance.
Keep the faith

So do we go for it on the Artic carpet or do we blood a few youngsters or more to the point players on the fringe, like Kaddy, Welsh, the young keeper who's name I cant pronounce let alone spell??? Julien etc.

League is of far more importance of that there is no doubt,,,,,,,, but,,,,, Although Ange has said in the past he likes to give the whole squad a go at it, continuity can be our friend tonight, a few will want to have another go at this team, so here's my wee guesstimate for tonight.

Hart

Tony, CCV, Starfelt and friend 🦝, JJ.

Nir Calmac Hatate.

Jota GG Maeda.

3 nil the hoops, GG Maeda and Abada to net them.

Mon the hoops.

I’d swap O’Riley (or rogic) for bitton.
I say go for staying in the comp, but not overly disappointed if we go out due to the extra games. However if we stay and ange looks at the importance of the league as we continue, he can always rotate in youngsters etc then. There’s still money to be made this season progressing rather than for whatever reason missing out on CL next year. We could prioritise and still not score that winner at Ross county etc
Heard it’s summin like 4m a round with gates n stuff in this comp, pretty much similar to europa

Back