Bodo/Glimt v Celtic - all comments here

Seen this on twitter this morning

@CraigCelt

·
21m

RE: Ola Solbakken Spoke to Ola's agency today: - Contract expires December 2022 - No Contract Clause to Trigger an extra year for Bodo - Ola Was offered to Celtic last summer. Should Celtic look to bring the winger in this summer?
https://t.co/DkzVd1cyyE

He reminds me of the griff both appear to play similar styles . We could do with that yes

Stayed off this last nite i heard on the radio one "fan" shouting it's embarrassing and do we fall into the tupperware league now😡 some mount of entitled arseholes in our fanbase we canny say awe in ange we trust then slate the guy first opportunity I'm happy he rotated we weren't gonny win this comp but the treble Is on domestically the fact we have fans one minute shouting how good everything is then saying it's embarrassing the next when the guy has only been here for 2 windows is mental this squad were never gonny be good enuf to win a European trophy ffs and anybody who is embarrassed by this rebuild I suggest u fuck off to govan and support the fuckin tribute club and let real fans use ur fuckin season books either trust the process or fuck off
I think it was the manner of this defeat that upset many of the supporters cairnsbhoy.
I fully expected us to progress from this tie, and it was a real reality check for us upon just how much improvement is still required to get back to becoming a force again within European football again.
What disappointed me most was 4 players started last night that we wouldn't expect to start on Sunday and all 4 never made a case for themselves to actually start any game now until the end of the season.
Even question marks have arisen now upon a few players as to weather they can improve enough to be worthy of competing in European football now or is the SPFL going to be there limit for us going forward?
We did already play in some very exciting European matches and done better than could be really expected, but this tie did manage to highlight just how much work is still needed to be done still and that includes Ange and the whole back room set up as well.
I still believe that as a team we showed no interest within this competition whatsoever over the 2 games, which is acceptable on the bigger scale of things imo, but do feel for the supporters who paid good money to get what they did get in return still.
Of course that won't matter come the end of the season if domestic success is achieved, but today is a sore day and hopefully everything is put back on track come Sunday, when this tie can really be put to bed and look ahead to a green and white future ahead again.

I think it was the manner of this defeat that upset many of the supporters cairnsbhoy.
I fully expected us to progress from this tie, and it was a real reality check for us upon just how much improvement is still required to get back to becoming a force again within European football again.
What disappointed me most was 4 players started last night that we wouldn't expect to start on Sunday and all 4 never made a case for themselves to actually start any game now until the end of the season.
Even question marks have arisen now upon a few players as to weather they can improve enough to be worthy of competing in European football now or is the SPFL going to be there limit for us going forward?
We did already play in some very exciting European matches and done better than could be really expected, but this tie did manage to highlight just how much work is still needed to be done still and that includes Ange and the whole back room set up as well.
I still believe that as a team we showed no interest within this competition whatsoever over the 2 games, which is acceptable on the bigger scale of things imo, but do feel for the supporters who paid good money to get what they did get in return still.
Of course that won't matter come the end of the season if domestic success is achieved, but today is a sore day and hopefully everything is put back on track come Sunday, when this tie can really be put to bed and look ahead to a green and white future ahead again.
Ano mate it's a sore one I'm in no way trying to play down going out to a team i agree i thought we wid beat them aswell but the core of that team have been playing that way for a couple of years its a step too far...
if we are honest Europe is a bonus we don't have big enuf squad yet to compete fully by all means get pissed off and angry but some of the shit I've seen and heard is ridiculous he's had 2 windows the likes of jamesy and rogic will need to be sold for better so the gaffer can rotate properly with not too big a drop off we need really mobile players to play how ange wants...
it takes bit of time look wit he's gave us so far all I'm saying is hold off on the its all hopeless and we're always gonny be shite attitude until next season when we can truly judge this gaffer just wee bit of perspective I'm not saying accept defeat no way HH

Hart
Ralston welsh starfelt scales
forrest O'Riley, rogic Bitton
Maeda, Giakoumakis.

IMO We will not see the above ever been a first choice line up if, and most are, below is available and ready, therefore it was obvious that last night that Celtic have their eyes focused on domestic success first and foremost to not risk starting with any from below. Last nights new tornament is simply at this time of the season , too many if successful, extra games that as for now places too many risk factors re injuries on the nucleus of an expanding squad that needs to rest between games.

Subs: Jullien, Taylor, Abada, McCarthy, Jota, Carter-Vickers, Hatate, McGregor, Juranovic.

Returning soon
Kyogo Turnbull Gouchi

Given the mess Ange inherited, not just a lack of players but a total lack of a functioning football operation, I had no expectations in Europe this season. I actually had no expectations in the league either but we have done a lot better than expected. To get into the knock out rounds was beyond expectation but once there, and given some good performances in Europe this season, I expected us to win this tie. Bodo/Glimt were excellent, a lot better than we have faced with the exception of Leverkusen. If you look at our European record overall this season it is patently obvious where we need to improve.
P 14
W 7
D 0
L 7
F 24
A 27

We need a defence to compete and challenge, especially if we win the league and get the golden ticket of automatic group stage from winning the league.
I would say that Juranovic and CCV are our only defenders good enough to play even at EL level. We need a LB (a right side Juranovic) and a dominant, pacy central defender (preferably left footed) as a minimum. Ralston, Welsh, Starfelt and Taylor are good enough domestically and you may get away with having to play one of them at a time in Europe. We had three of them play last night along with Scales, a LB who isn't as good as Taylor.

Given the mess Ange inherited, not just a lack of players but a total lack of a functioning football operation, I had no expectations in Europe this season. I actually had no expectations in the league either but we have done a lot better than expected. To get into the knock out rounds was beyond expectation but once there, and given some good performances in Europe this season, I expected us to win this tie. Bodo/Glimt were excellent, a lot better than we have faced with the exception of Leverkusen. If you look at our European record overall this season it is patently obvious where we need to improve.
P 14
W 7
D 0
L 7
F 24
A 27

We need a defence to compete and challenge, especially if we win the league and get the golden ticket of automatic group stage from winning the league.
I would say that Juranovic and CCV are our only defenders good enough to play even at EL level. We need a LB (a right side Juranovic) and a dominant, pacy central defender (preferably left footed) as a minimum. Ralston, Welsh, Starfelt and Taylor are good enough domestically and you may get away with having to play one of them at a time in Europe. We had three of them play last night along with Scales, a LB who isn't as good as Taylor.
I agree, they done a fantastic angle on the 2nd goal replayed last night, 6 passes and it was in the back of our net. I'm not blaming the defence, but their No 10 created it and finished it. Like a knife through butter.

That goal however would not have developed had we played the settled teams we have been familiar with. Have to accept that we faced a team capable of playing round a makeshift team, they knew the areas we would be weak in due to changes and how to exploit the areas. Celtic i believe when they sent out the subs was merely damage limitation and more in protecting the confidence of the team initially picked. Just my opinion though, but no Celtic player relishes a heavy defeat as it dimishes moral.
Once objectives have been achieved we will see a new look style of play by Celtic and one more focused on fitness and stamina for 90+ minutes, everything needed in the modern game.

Now that we are out of Europe this season, focus and priority will be getting the treble. We all knew we were in transition this season. Take two more transfer markets to get to where we want to be. We will get better ,stronger and conquer Europe imo, just needs patience from everyone involved .

P 14
W 7
D 0
L 7
F 24
A 27

To easy to point the blame upon the defence Gary imo.
We operate at present without any real ball winner within the midfield and tend to use 2 on many occasions without any real defensive qualities except for pressing higher up the pitch, if a situation allows for it.
To see meada doing what midfielders couldn't in tracking back was very poor to say the least.
But this rebuild had to start somewhere, and Scottish football had to be the benchmark and now most of us can see where the improvements hopefully can be made in the summer Market.
Was never sure about scales as a LB, and after last night, I think work needs to be upon him to potentially give us a option as a left sided CB going forward imo.
OK having so many attack minded midfielders, which is grand for Scottish football but still need more options available for stepping up in class within the European game still, and hope guchi may go some way to helping out in that department still.
Who knows yet what could be the vision for next season still, but yet great credit should be given imo to where we were to where we are now with still plenty of room for improvement, even if my own expectations were shattered somewhat over the course of this tie in regards of European football still.

P 14
W 7
D 0
L 7
F 24
A 27

We need a defence to compete and challenge
[/QUOTE]
yes you're correct but like myself and many others it's the same old story every season. We need a defence to challenge. Youd think we could've sorted this out by now but no. We havent had a defence capable of challenging domestically and in Europe since WGS. This must change stop penny pinching and get the real deal players in. Reading today ( just the headline) west ham and west brom are interested in CCV but we have the option so that puts us in the driving seat. I suspect SMSM trying to unsettle the team with clickbait bs . Ange says hes got plan a and plan b is doing plan a better.
We need ange to realise that wont always work the deeper we go into Europe and domestically also at times. I dont believe that what he says but the monentum gained from thumping sevco cannot be lost we must stay strong and fully focus on the prize at hand HH

Back