Boyd crosses the line

You are absolutely 100% correct.

This insidious Hun acolyte has without doubt promoted violence against our captain.

An attack against the Celtic captain is an attack on us all.

His statement in bold reads...

"Therefore I think it’s right that I add some context and clarification to a reference I made about Callum McGregor.

I wrote: “The fact he managed to get through the 90 minutes without anyone testing out that face mask is another story, but his commitment to the team was tremendous.”

Some have taken that line to mean I wanted one of the Rangers players to intentionally try and hurt the midfielder. However, that is absolutely and unequivocally NOT the case.

It was simply meant as a criticism of the Rangers players for their failure to get close to McGregor"

This statement is scandalous and does not stand up to scrutiny.

If you are only making a criticism of the Celtic captain being given to much space to play in, why did Boyd feel it necessary to make any mention of the protective mask whatsoever?

That statement is an insult to our collective intelligence and has to be called out and Boyd needs to be formally dealt with, and we need to ensure this happens forthwith.

There is no way back for this insidious cretin.....he has to go.

I strongly urge everyone to cancel their subscription to Sky and let them know why. (There is an alternative to Sky)

I urge everyone to contact Celtic directly and demand this parasite is removed from any formal contact with our Club and banned immediately.

We have to send a collective message to all and sundry that we stand as one here, and that we will not allow our captain and our club be the subject of threats of intimidation and violence.

I trust you all agree...

Celtic SLO - CONTACT JOHN PAUL TAYLOR​

Tel: 0141 551 4209
Email: jptaylor@celticfc.co.uk
Totally agree m8, players can get close without having to worry about testing a face mask.
The only way to test a face mask is to deliberately strike it, otherwise why would you be testing it?
He knows what he meant, we know what he meant, he has form for incitement ie LG, and that in the face of him being head of a charity based on mental health, no matter how much money and fame he has, you will never remove the the thick as fuck street ned.
Simple as that.
He’s unfit to broadcast if he cannot distinguish between what is acceptable and what is not.
We all know both sides have elements who need no encouragement whatsoever to cause harm, these pundits should be aware of their responsibilities when it comes to this…Boyd acts just like the fan he is, bitter, twisted, hateful…and doesn’t possess the professionalism to mask this.
I got rid of Sky a while ago but would deffo have stopped my subscription after this.
A message needs to be sent, and cash is king…even Sky will sit up and take notice if thousands cancel.
His statement is that of a sociapathic cretin, no self awareness and no understanding of the depth of feeling others have for his comments.
BEAR IN MIND THIS IS THE VERY SAME MAN WHO AT HALF TIME WAS APOPLECTIC WITH RAGE THAT THE REF DIDNT STOP PLAY FOR A SUPPOSED HEAD KNOCK AND HE’S ADVOCATING FOR PLAYERS TO “TEST” CALMACS FACE MASK.
A moron of epic proportions.

Last edited:
Still remain fuming over the thick fat pricks comments.
No need to go over what the dope was implying as it's so obvious the wanker was fuming that the injury upon calmac wasn't tested in and shape or form.
So let's put this into another context then.
Does this now mean that the wanker expects that Ericsson with his heart monitor has to be put to the test now?
In general, most supporters, regardless of who they support are only to pleased to see players return from such serious injury, even more so with the ones who bring such qualities to the game.
This as we all know doesn't exist within the thick hun mentality still, and never has done either, with them being so blinded with hatred.
By the media silence at present, especially SKY now, then only confirms to myself that they also would be in favour of such actions taking place within a football field.
Still wonder what Mr Ericsson would make about such comments from such a fat bigoted prick?

Disgusted that I am at that fat swines comments on our captain.The statement from Celtic is a step in the right direction.I have a feeling though that Sky will try and ride this out and hope it dies down.I think it is up to us to keep pressure on the board to put this fool out of tv for good.I,ve went to Celtic Park for 68 years enjoyed the good and not so good.I get the feeling that no matter what happens in this league our board will not follow through.They are not Celtic men they are Masonic money men.I hope I am wrong as this is the most sickening thing that has been directed at a Celtic player.I will not be surprised if this is not brought to an acceptable end.Sorry to be so negative but we have been here before expecting or board to protect us I have a feeling it is not going to happen.Anyway bring on Motherwell.Hail Hail the Celts are here.☘️☘️☘️

I accept many of the viewpoints that an apology by the rotund orange pie is a minimum requirement, but I'm afraid any apology offered would merely be paying lip service and would be as sincere as my good wishes ever being proffered to the kkklan.

In short, he can stick any apology up his gargantuan, canyon-like crevice and whistle Dixie.

We also have to consider the evolutionary development of the common or garden-variety hun? If we are to be defined as unrepentant - then they can only ever be defined as unapologetic for the sins they have inflicted upon civilised society.

The evolutionary leap that would be required for a simple hun to ever apologise for anything, would be akin to us normal human beings becoming Gods ourselves. That is the scale of development required for a slobbering hun to act with any ounce of morality.

An apology can only ever be accepted if the remorse is sincere and the wrongful act is confessed to. Boyd has all the sincerity of a jackal and there is nothing he can say or do that will atone for his actions.
I was really enjoying your post SP; your usual mix of thoughtful eloquence mixed with humour had me chucking away, really lapping it up. Then I realised, what you say is actually true. For any decent person with even a shred of concern for humanity, well, it's really quite depressing. There's actually no hope for people like this cretin. HH

Boyd made a very public statement that called for our Captain to be physically assaulted.....to test whether his mask and by extension his face could withstand such an attack.

It was a premeditated and calculated call for someone/anyone to injure the Celtic captain, which could very well see Callum McGregor receive a career ending injury.

There is no coming back from that.....Boyd has to go...

We’ll see today where the bitter twisted kunt ends up today, given the public outcry at his request for a hun player to assault a Celtic player, if sky have him on any game, they’re endorsing his comments and giving a big “feck you to Celtic “
Was he doing anything on sky yesterday?😡
He was doing Soccer Saturday on Sky Yesterday with Paul Merson and a few other dim fucks.

Sky or the Sun won’t give a flying fig that Celtic supporters are outraged that someone they employ is as thick as fuck and capable of incendiary and downright nasty comments based on hate and bigotry.
He’s already used his platform to abuse LG, mock Celtic fans live on air at match reports, and at every single match coverage of the big 2 show his obvious bias.
Christ, even his co hosts mock him.
Can’t speak for everyone, but when I watch games, I just want a neutral pundit, objectively viewing the game, and if that means saying we are shite them so be it, there are ex pros throughtout punditry who have shown themselves more than capable of controlling their biases when covering their favourites, Boyd has shown time and again he cannot do that, his behaviour on screen is that of an immature teenager. Cringeworthy and embarrassing to watch..
Im afraid the only thing SKY will listen to is subs cancelled, hit the pocket, thats all thats important in football now.
I started turning the sound down on games and putting the radio commentary on but even that is just utter guff now too.
There are plenty of good pundits out there without even going to the sevco/celtic trough to find them.
Unfortunately the funny handshake guys go right up the line in these big companies and the want the narrative controlled at every level.
Keep winning, its all we can do, and starting today, see if the scum can handle the pressure of catch up..

Hes still being used by sky as a pundit for todays match. Sky have shown what they think of his comments. I'm assuming this is their message to the Celtic board who must have had words with Sky. Boyd is to much of a moron to not make a snidey dig about the last few days. He won't be able to help himself.

This article (from TheTimes) was on Phill MacGiollabhains site yesterday. A very interesting read. It’s about the vindictive prosecution of Duff and Phelps employees after the liquidation of old co. shocking abuse of law and power.

The sheriff who granted an unlawful warrant during the botched police operation into the takeover of Rangers FC is set to be investigated after claims that his “vociferous” support for the club compromised his impartiality.

An official complaint has been submitted against Sheriff Lindsay Wood, alleging that he disregarded the apparent conflict of interest created by his affiliation with the Scottish champions.

Wood, who regularly appears at Rangers matches and social events, is said to have a framed photograph of Ibrox in his chambers.

It has emerged that Detective Chief Inspector Jim Robertson, the senior investigating officer during the ill-fated fraud case, is also an ardent supporter. The saga has already triggered a public inquiry and cost the taxpayer tens of millions of pounds.

When Rangers fell into administration in 2012 the finance experts David Grier, David Whitehouse and Paul Clark, of the consultancy firm Duff & Phelps, were appointed to manage the club’s affairs. All three were arrested two years later over allegations of fraud linked to the club’s collapse and sale.

Although they were cleared of all charges many Rangers fans believe that they failed to do enough to prevent the club’s demise.

During the fraud investigation Wood signed off a warrant that allowed officers to raid the London offices of Holman Fenwick Willan, the legal firm representing Duff & Phelps. The operation was later ruled to have been an abuse of state power. Grier has now submitted a formal complaint against Wood to the Judicial Office for Scotland, alleging that his close affinity to Rangers meant that he should not have been involved in issuing warrants to the investigating detectives.

Wood was photographed in the Ibrox directors box in the year before Grier, Whitehouse and Clark were arrested. In 2018 he was a guest at the official Rangers Burns supper and chaired an event featuring the former club managers Graeme Souness and Ally McCoist.

“Sheriff Wood is a lifelong and vociferous supporter of Rangers Football Club,” Grier claimed. “He was far too close to the club to be granting warrants to allow investigation into its demise.”

Grier pointed to the code on judicial independence which says that judges will excuse themselves from hearing a case, known as a recusal, if they have a personal interest in it.

One senior legal source with knowledge of the case said: “This shameful episode appears to demonstrate that tribalism is alive and well within Scotland’s criminal justice system. Ministers need to take action.”

The source claimed that many supporters regarded Grier, Whitehouse and Clark as enemies of their club.

“There was a feeling that these three guys had come up from England and wrecked their beloved Rangers,” the source said. “Many cheered on the legal action against them, seeing it as a form of payback.”

The warrant to seize documents from the offices of Holman Fenwick Willan was requested by Robertson, who led the inquiry. In court he denied chanting The Billy Boys, a Rangers song with sectarian lyrics, during interviews with suspects and witnesses. He said he may have “referenced” it. It is alleged that Robertson wore Rangers cufflinks while conducting interviews.

In a statement submitted in 2019, Robertson confirmed that he had met Wood on December 4, 2015, noting that the sheriff had “dealt with a number of the warrants sought in the case”.

Robertson added: “Sheriff Wood was interested in the case. He told us that he was a season ticket holder at Ibrox and had a framed picture of Ibrox on the walls of his chamber.”

The Times has learnt that Christina Herriott, Wood’s court manager, declared her support for Rangers FC on social media and criticised the finance firm at the centre of the bungled fraud investigation into the club’s collapse and sale.

Christina Herriott’s online CV states that she is a manager with the Scottish Courts and Tribunal Service in Glasgow. Robertson submitted a statement in which he said he was told by Wood in 2015 that he and Herriott — who as his clerk was responsible for the administration of cases in the court — were both Rangers season ticket holders.

Herriott’s Twitter profile states: “It’s Rangers for me” and features the club’s crest. In September 2014 she tweeted: “As soon as Duff & Phelps were appointed there was no hope of anything good for Rangers happening.”

Two years earlier Herriott, who has no involvement in judicial decision-making, accused the financial consultancy firm of “making money out of the Rangers crisis”. She later gave evidence in a hearing where David Grier, a senior figure with Duff & Phelps, argued he had been arrested maliciously before being cleared of all charges.

Herriott, who has now made her Twitter profile private, also shared tweets which referred to Nicola Sturgeon as “Scotland’s First Megalomaniac”, accused a high-profile referee of “cheating Rangers” and described the Crown Office as “not fit for purpose”.

Asked to comment on behalf of Herriott, a spokeswoman for the Scottish Courts and Tribunal Service stressed that clerks of court only provided administrative support. “They have no involvement in judicial decision-making,” she said. The service declined to comment on Herriott’s social media posts.

‘A Rangers fan officer, Rangers fan sheriff and Rangers fan clerk’

Grier said: “This has the impression that a senior police officer who is a Rangers fan arranged for a Rangers fan sheriff, and his Rangers fan clerk, to grant a warrant to search the offices of my solicitors.” Grier insists that the warrant should have gone through the High Court, where proceedings against him had commenced, instead of being presented to a “sympathetic” sheriff.

In 2016 judges at the High Court in London ruled that the search warrant which led to privileged documents being seized from Holman Fenwick Willan was of “excessive and unlawful width”. In a separate Scottish judgment Lord Carloway found that the warrant was “oppressive” and “executed without proper safeguards”.

Grier and his legal team claim that Wood gave contradictory and misleading accounts in two explanatory reports submitted to Carloway. They allege that the latter was “more or less identical” to a warrant request which Robertson had previously submitted.

In his statement Robertson confirmed that he had left a copy of the document with Wood.

Grier said: “I have always been brought up to consider that the system of justice in Scotland is of the highest order. However, things appear to have gone badly wrong and there are significant and important questions which now need to be answered.”

The Judicial Office for Scotland said: “If a conduct complaint were received in respect of any member of the judiciary, it would be dealt with thoroughly and rigorously on a confidential basis in accordance with the Judiciary (Scotland) Rules 2017. It would not be appropriate for a sheriff to comment on any case that has been dealt with through the court process.”

The Scottish Police Federation did not answer a request for comment.

Behind the story

Almost £40 million of public money has been paid to settle claims by people who were prosecuted maliciously after the botched Rangers fraud investigation.

Among them was the businessman Craig Whyte, who bought Rangers for £1 from Sir David Murray in May 2011. The club took on large debts before its parent company went into liquidation the following year.

Whyte was arrested and accused of using money from future ticket sales to buy the club while claiming the cash was his.

Seven men were prosecuted in 2014 in connection with the investigation but Whyte was the only one whose case went before a jury. He was cleared after a seven-week trial in 2017.

The former Rangers administrators David Whitehouse and Paul Clark, both 56, of Duff & Phelps, received a settlement worth more than £24 million and an apology from James Wolffe QC, who was lord advocate.

Last month the Court of Session ruled that the police investigation into their colleague David Grier, 60, had been riven with “incompetence” and a “lack of professsionalism”. It found, however, that he had not been prosecuted maliciously.

The Times revealed three weeks ago that Grier would appeal after the emergence of minutes from a Crown Office meeting in 2015 that featured the phrase: “Nail the three Duff & Phelps people”.

Grier, who was cleared of all charges, claims the document proves his arrest was motivated by ill will. He said: “If anyone in the street was to say they wanted to ‘nail’ someone, wouldn’t that be judged as an act of malice?”

Grier had launched an unsuccessful £9 million damages claim against Police Scotland and the lord advocate, insisting his prosecution was malicious. In a lengthy ruling Lord Tyre made no reference to the desire expressed by the Crown to “nail” Grier, Whitehouse and Clark.

However, he found that Detective Chief Inspector Jim Robertson, who led the failed inquiry, had acted in an “unacceptable, intimidatory and threatening” manner and had given “patently untrue” evidence.

The final cost to the taxpayer is expected to rise significantly and a public inquiry has been commissioned into the scandal.

The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service said: “The judge in [Grier’s] case was satisfied the actions of prosecutors were not motivated by any purposes other than the pursuit of the interests of justice.

“The previous lord advocate committed the Crown to support a judge-led inquiry once all litigation is over and apologised for the cost to the public purse.”

Assistant Chief Constable Alan Speirs said: “Police Scotland will fully assist with the inquiry. Lord Tyre’s judgment highlights serious issues.

Members online

Latest posts

Back