Breakaway European 'Super League'!

Look at the records here, Chelsea = financial fair play cheats ( minimal penalty), Man City, Man utd & Liverpool ( own 10% of all the players out on loan ? If they aren’t in breach of FTP too) Juventis match corruption, Real owned by the Spanish government who are also going broke, Barcelona had to sell off there elite or were threatened with breach to FTP, Athletico ( a team who do never deserve a mention on any Celtic forum other than to blasphemy). Arsenal & Tottenham are the minority of the few that were brought up who actually have tried to abide by financial fair play (look where they stand in the pecking order now) Do not even mention PSG without also putting the words financial fair play in the sentence. Money 💰 lol UEFA 😂

Look at the records here, Chelsea = financial fair play cheats ( minimal penalty), Man City, Man utd & Liverpool ( own 10% of all the players out on loan ? If they aren’t in breach of FTP too) Juventis match corruption, Real owned by the Spanish government who are also going broke, Barcelona had to sell off there elite or were threatened with breach to FTP, Athletico ( a team who do never deserve a mention on any Celtic forum other than to blasphemy). Arsenal & Tottenham are the minority of the few that were brought up who actually have tried to abide by financial fair play (look where they stand in the pecking order now) Do not even mention PSG without also putting the words financial fair play in the sentence. Money 💰 lol UEFA 😂
FTP x2 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I'm bitterly disappointed that this is not going ahead. For a brief moment there was a flicker of hope that we could have a 'reset' in European club competitions. With these debt monsters gone there was an opportunity to create a fairer, more balanced European Cup. Let them have their Super League with its horrible Americanised view of football.
Now it seems we are stuck with them. These clubs have already cornered the market in the Champions League, every year its the same 8 from 10 that get to the latter stages.
As a youngster I used to find European Cup matches at Parkhead magical. For a minute there I thought that might be back.

The hypocrisy of Sky Sports talking about the oversea owners of the football clubs trying to bring In Americanising to football. Sky owned by an American/Australian citizen. Plus if the ESL took off they would have been top of the queue to get the broadcasting rights.

I don't for one minute believe that this ESL is totally dead in the water, under the current format yes, but still believe it will happen in time.
The current format was just all about greed from the English so called big 6 trying to corner the whole European football market for themselves with the backing of the Spanish and Italian clubs.
I have no problem with a ESL but only if qualifications to it were done in a proper sporting manner.
FFP has gone out of the sport years ago and its never going to be enforced as we know only to well.
So would a league with only 3 teams from the top 5 leagues and 1 from Scotland, Portugal, Holland and the winners of the CL league and Europa league gaining the right to form a league, where in theory every club in Europe are earning the right to make it.
Relegation back to there own leagues has to be an option for the bottom 2 teams to be replaced by the winners of the CL and europa league.
It would still give these so called lesser leagues the opportunity to build with a much fairer share of the money available.
It's OK spending huge amounts of money just to stay in a league but it still doesn't guarantee success.
Sport should be about sport and not money and yet in football and no more than Scotland in many ways we talk about the money issues more so than the football issues.
Would it be beyond our capability to say yes we are good enough to get a place at the top table?
At present just to qualify for the CL group stages would be seen as huge success and just to come 3rd and still give us a shot at europa league is a huge bonus, with getting out of the group still way beyond our wildest dreams.
Without serious and good competition within football can get rather tedious as very rarely watch a CL match nowadays.
I have long stated that the current format in European football does it really mean that you are the best team in Europe or even the world by winning a glorified Cup competition that the CL has been for years now?

Listening to Linaker,Neville,Redknapp,etc criticising the big 6 who were involved in the super league I thought was a bit hipocrytical,it seemed all they were concerned about was how greedy these clubs have been because it was all about the money they would make.
Has anybody ever heard them criticise EUFA for allowing 4 teams from their country into the Champions League,or 3 teams from the same country and league into the EUFA Cup..
Is this not all about money,?????? whether it is money from Sky,EUFA,Premier,BT,etc..

HH

Would not surprise me uefa the so called big 5 England,Spain,Italy,Germany,France,in Europe apart from Germany/France will the big 3 face any penalty’s for attempting a , mutiny Sanctions nae don’t think so, They will spin it to suit there agenda the fans have spoken Mr Dempsey ( the rebels have won )Absolutely shocking now the wee diddy leagues in Europe know your place the Dutch,Belgian,Swedes,Danes,Scots and many more and a warning do not attempt a revolt like the Atlantic league it will be futile if you decide to change the format there will be consequences for the diddy leagues
Do as your told,stay in your corner. Your Masters have Spoken ,no penalty’s for the BIG BOYS for sure won’t hold my breath for attempting to revolt
Aye level playing ground as Jim Royal in tele would spout MY ARSE

Crazy thing about the whole Atlantic League situation was that UEFA gave it the thumbs up and it was Dermot Desmond who pulled the plug on it as he was still clinging to the fantasy of a British Super League.

The Atlantic League idea was a good one and it suited UEFA as well because it meant a slimmed down CL with less qualifiers being played but the other teams/countries involved didnae exactly get the excitement levels up so I can kinda see why DD pulled the plug but if we could get the mix right with another couple of countries taking part it might be something worth looking at again.

Crazy thing about the whole Atlantic League situation was that UEFA gave it the thumbs up and it was Dermot Desmond who pulled the plug on it as he was still clinging to the fantasy of a British Super League.

The Atlantic League idea was a good one and it suited UEFA as well because it meant a slimmed down CL with less qualifiers being played but the other teams/countries involved didnae exactly get the excitement levels up so I can kinda see why DD pulled the plug but if we could get the mix right with another couple of countries taking part it might be something worth looking at again.

Only real problem I see with it shadow is we still want to compete against the big boys but without the resources to do so.
We are by far the biggest fish in Scotland yet a very small fish in the European market regarding the resources available.
To be given a much fairer way to compete on the European stage has to be an ambition for our club imo instead of the current format where a handful of clubs have cornered the whole market for themselves only and are just running scared that the extra wealth in their own leagues is closing the gap in their leagues yet we still remain on the outside without much chance of ever being able to close that gap with the tinpot league we are stuck in

Members online

Latest posts

Back