Brendan Rodgers: Hypocrite?

My take on it is this.......I don't give a monkeys either way, true or false. I would never repeat such a tale which could be so undermining to our interests. Whosoever publishes this shit should be ignored reviled and shat upon from a great height. I was never a great follower of Mr Brady , colour me gone.
It's already yesterday's news whether it's true or not.

I like all of you indeedhope all of this is bollocks .. and as I said above I prefer by a mile the view posited by Tet above that all this stuff may be a heat shield put in place by our esteemed and highly politically astute CEO

I like all of you indeedhope all of this is bollocks .. and as I said above I prefer by a mile the view posited by Tet above that all this stuff may be a heat shield put in place by our esteemed and highly politically astute CEO

I tend to think that the very fact those who dismiss it out of hand then proceed to point a finger at Lawwell, as spin, is intriguing in itself.

From a post which has one member claiming it as the biggest regret of his life even reading it, one claiming it is excrement, another claiming it shouldn't be given oxygen on a Celtic forum to others who speculate on the 'dirty war' tactics of our esteemed CEO - I'm glad I put it up.

Almost been a rollercoaster of a ride in three pages to date!

The variation of opinions is brilliant.

However, it is also incredibly boring at the same time. Catch 22, I suppose.

For what it's worth, I no longer believe that Rodgers is going to walk away from Celtic without some dirty laundry coming out in the wash.

That opinion is not based on this piece by Brady, it just confirms my feelings that Brendan is just a human being, like the rest of us, except he's a good football manager.

I was never impressed with the fact that he went to court to gain a financial settlement with his wife.

He is motivated by success but money plays a huge part in his psyche.

Do I believe it is true?

He has stated himself that he had a big money offer from China. Did he tell the board?

Why wouldn't he?

The rest is conjecture involving himself and the board.

Opinions, as I stated, are great to hear. Constructive criticism and thoughts are always to be welcomed.

At the end of the day, my belief shall always remain objective (sorry, TRY to remain objective); I have no doubt though in this case - There is fault on both sides and the fact that we are talking about 'sides' within our own club is damage done.

I tend to think that the very fact those who dismiss it out of hand then proceed to point a finger at Lawwell, as spin, is intriguing in itself.

From a post which has one member claiming it as the biggest regret of his life even reading it, one claiming it is excrement, another claiming it shouldn't be given oxygen on a Celtic forum to others who speculate on the 'dirty war' tactics of our esteemed CEO - I'm glad I put it up.

Almost been a rollercoaster of a ride in three pages to date!

The variation of opinions is brilliant.

However, it is also incredibly boring at the same time. Catch 22, I suppose.

For what it's worth, I no longer believe that Rodgers is going to walk away from Celtic without some dirty laundry coming out in the wash.

That opinion is not based on this piece by Brady, it just confirms my feelings that Brendan is just a human being, like the rest of us, except he's a good football manager.

I was never impressed with the fact that he went to court to gain a financial settlement with his wife.

He is motivated by success but money plays a huge part in his psyche.

Do I believe it is true?

He has stated himself that he had a big money offer from China. Did he tell the board?

Why wouldn't he?

The rest is conjecture involving himself and the board.

Opinions, as I stated, are great to hear. Constructive criticism and thoughts are always to be welcomed.

At the end of the day, my belief shall always remain objective (sorry, TRY to remain objective); I have no doubt though in this case - There is fault on both sides and the fact that we are talking about 'sides' within our own club is damage done.

Didn't know rodgers has said he had actually received an offer from China. He did mention he was signing 2 or 3 players early in the pre-season. But maybe that was coy leverage to get new players.

It was definitely an intriguing thread. Wasn't quite sure why you raised it. But I agree with your thought process now that you have expanded.

I would love to believe the Rodgers can make the players he bought for the team as well as he has done with the players he had inherited. But I agree strongly with you that although he is a top manager I suspect he needs big money to get the players he really needs and the dramatic ever increasing wonky market means Celtic aren't really in the position to spend the kind of money Rodgers needs to get a side playing the way he really wants to play.

I suspect he may well be looking for an out. And that may also be a factor in the lack of investment in summer.

But without further clarity and a functioning PR voice then its hard to get truthful clarity. A malicious and dysfunctional investigative MSM also adds to the lack of clarity.

The broken market both for purchases outright and the neo-feudal loan market for better young players (some clubs buy hundreds of young players purely for the loan market) is also a major factor.

The purely business acumen of our CEO is a factor

The poor purchases of Rodgers is a factor

The low wages for our best players is a factor

The high wages of our underperforming players is a factor

And probably few other factors

I genuinely don't think Rodgers signed up at Celtic to buy only ordinary players, but I don't think he realised the lack of subsidy for such a huge club puts Celtic and all non subsidised clubs who historically could afford even some really top players.

Imagine Henrik larsson in his prime. I bet he could command 500K per week today. Would he really have stayed at Celtic on 30K in that kind of crazy market.

Even Sutton, was once the highest paid player in UK when he signed for 10k per week at Blackburn.

The income of celtic may have grown since the time of Sutton. But the wages of players of Suttons level have exponentially grown in comparison since he played at Blackburn.

Something gotta give. Its got to the point where Celtic can't afford even 1 player of Larssons level in this day and age. Which high;mights how much the satellite subsidy of certain leagues is killing football outside the TV network club.

Didn't know rodgers has said he had actually received an offer from China. He did mention he was signing 2 or 3 players early in the pre-season. But maybe that was coy leverage to get new players.

It was definitely an intriguing thread. Wasn't quite sure why you raised it. But I agree with your thought process now that you have expanded.

I would love to believe the Rodgers can make the players he bought for the team as well as he has done with the players he had inherited. But I agree strongly with you that although he is a top manager I suspect he needs big money to get the players he really needs and the dramatic ever increasing wonky market means Celtic aren't really in the position to spend the kind of money Rodgers needs to get a side playing the way he really wants to play.

I suspect he may well be looking for an out. And that may also be a factor in the lack of investment in summer.

But without further clarity and a functioning PR voice then its hard to get truthful clarity. A malicious and dysfunctional investigative MSM also adds to the lack of clarity.

The broken market both for purchases outright and the neo-feudal loan market for better young players (some clubs buy hundreds of young players purely for the loan market) is also a major factor.

The purely business acumen of our CEO is a factor

The poor purchases of Rodgers is a factor

The low wages for our best players is a factor

The high wages of our underperforming players is a factor

And probably few other factors

I genuinely don't think Rodgers signed up at Celtic to buy only ordinary players, but I don't think he realised the lack of subsidy for such a huge club puts Celtic and all non subsidised clubs who historically could afford even some really top players.

Imagine Henrik larsson in his prime. I bet he could command 500K per week today. Would he really have stayed at Celtic on 30K in that kind of crazy market.

Even Sutton, was once the highest paid player in UK when he signed for 10k per week at Blackburn.

The income of celtic may have grown since the time of Sutton. But the wages of players of Suttons level have exponentially grown in comparison since he played at Blackburn.

Something gotta give. Its got to the point where Celtic can't afford even 1 player of Larssons level in this day and age. Which high;mights how much the satellite subsidy of certain leagues is killing football outside the TV network club.

Rodgers has, indeed, stated publicly that he received a big money offer from China.

TBH, mate, I'd just like to see us all lifted from the sea of apathy in which we are currently floundering ?

Back