Brendan Rodgers

So what you're saying is you would take any managers so long as it gets rid of lawell?
Why call

So what you're saying is you would take any managers so long as it gets rid of lawell?
Why call the thread the rat then?
I didnt call it "The rat", because it was my first post on this site, and because the whole point of the post is to say, right now, due to powers that I believe have manouvered themselves into/back into positions of power at our club, he, if the rumours that he would have total autonomy, turned out to be true, would be the best option.
I want to put this reply out there to clear some things up because I think a lot has been focussed on my intentions rather than the points ive made.

I am no a hun interloper lol.

I could not believe the audacity of the guy turning up at the semi-final. As I said in my posts, I have not forgotten how he left us. I was completely emotionally attached to him and the fact I truly believed he was here to lead us to 10 and would leave a hero.

I was emotionally attached to the last manager and since hes left, I feel like an idiot. But i am very much of the opinion that there is no one bigger than the club, and no one more important than the clubs supporters.

The whole point of my post was, I feel like the Lawwells and their links to this group are a very dangerous road for us. I dont think there is anyone who disagrees with me about my points can disagree that if we are going with a City Group appointment, we have already had the best they had to offer, a 25 year accredited winner. The main reason I am turning my head back towards the rat is, as the first post says, only if the rumour was true that the issue of the Lawwells influence was removed. After the crushing mess that was the 10, we were told the DD was stepping back and his son would be ushering in a new dawn. Lawwell was leaving and Nicholson and Ange were about to change everything around. Look where we are now. I will back anyone who can temper that influence even if that is only for a season or two. It may mean all the difference when the CL format changes.
I am a Celtic supporter who only wants to see us thrive just like everyone else on here, and this Celtic supporter does not see a good future where the Lawwells being the EPL lapdogs as anyrhong good for us.

Hello there,
Ive just joined. I was hoping to post a few comments but when I saw that shiny gold "Post Thread' button, i thought, "that will allow me to annoy a lot more people in less time", so it was a no brainer.
When things are going great at our club, i love to read forums like this one, Celtic Star, Celtic Blog, etims. Theyre about the only ones I am sure are written by actual tims and not just some Reach patronising offshoot.
When I start joining these forums to actually spout my own shoite, you can tell things have gone awry at our club.

I was reading etims earlier, an article discussing Rodgers coming back as manager.
As usual, the article was fully self-depricating, but figured a line which said, paraphrasing, we would know what we are getting and we would be in no danger of allowing ourselves to fall in love with him, given how he scuttled away.

After the last week, which has left me utterly disappointed in my hopes that we would have a good manager for a few years at least, I am coming around to this. Is it about time we were the mercenary ones?
We dont need to sell our USP's to anyone.

Another thing that I hope is not just taxi driver bollox was a comment in the same forum quoting someone on KDS which stated that Rodgers was interested, but assurances would have to be given about interference from certain people at boardroom level.

As much as his midnight flit angered me given the stage we were at in that season, this is an itch that has never been scratched for all of us with this whole episode. The Marian Shved quotes were a rare insight into something that we have all suspected for a long time.

If it was a choice between a bullsh#t artist whos trophy hall rivalled every manager weve had bar one, compared to going further down this whole City Group alliance thing which paints us as a paltry serf to a financially doped EPL superpower, I know which one I would rather have.

Their leading candidate is being touted as the brains behind Pep, much like the clown who is installed across the river, but his only real gig as a manager ended after 14 games in Serie B. That should have alarm bells ringing.
The growing nepotism and installing us as the City Groups fluffer club should have them ringing even more.

RIght now a lot of my boxes are being ticked by one candidate:

Someone who comes in with the assurances that our "Chairman" really has no say in football matters.

Someone who is a proven winner.

Someone, like the last manager, doesnt take any sh#t from the hundits.

Someone who I dont have to worry about making me feel like he will be here for years because I know what they are all about - but thats ok, because we are the ones who can be mercenary now.

To me its a no brainer. This appoinent can put the uglies, the hunfits and the Lawwell conundrum to bed.

And when he goes scuttling back to the land of milk and honey, we will be able to call ourselves the most successful club in europe in terms of trophies won, (with the same club) and we can tell him, "thanks for the memories, dont let the door hit your arse on the way out".

Because mercenaries know their worth. And we are Glasgow Celtic.
welcome brendan :-(

Guys guys guys
.. Remember what we said about being nice to new posters, now play nice...

Welcome Tony a decent first post imho, infact if you hadn't had a dig at us poor struggling Taxi Drivers I might have said a good first post 😂😂😂.

I dont want Brendan back.. I was at all our hunskelping escapades home and away and they will go down in my wee time line as some of my favourite memories... But for whatever reason he decided to go prior to a very important cup tie and left us in the lurch..

Asking the Celtic support to not get emotional involved in our manager wont work for the majority of us,, trust has to be two way and earned he will not garner it... However if our board wish to appoint him and split the fans then they should allow those that wish it a full refund on their season tickets and hold the season books for them until Brendans inevitable return to a lower than mid table EPL club... By all means sell match day tickets on a game to game basis..

I've no fear of another appointment from the city group, fear of ownership from is my fear..

And finally I dont want to go back to mediocre home games where our 4 full backs have 5 times the amount of touches as our midfield..

P.S I am aware of the reasons he left in the first place.. But perhaps his dealings with Moussa Dembele should be a warning to us all... Never trust him Moussa said..

H.H

You can all stop squabbling & being bitchy to each other.
I have just read our future in my tea leaves.
Spurs sell Kane, Ange comes back for Kygo.
Rogers comes back ( I know I know wait for the end)
Brings back Moussa Dembele (THE HUN SKELPER)
Everything going well until Fulham need a manager.
The Tea Leaves said you know the rest.

You can all stop squabbling & being bitchy to each other.
I have just read our future in my tea leaves.
Spurs sell Kane, Ange comes back for Kygo.
Rogers comes back ( I know I know wait for the end)
Brings back Moussa Dembele (THE HUN SKELPER)
Everything going well until Fulham need a manager.
The Tea Leaves said you know the rest.
Brendan and Moussa working again 🤔🤔🤔

Are you sure it was tea leaf's mate, did you get your leaf's mixed up maybe 🍠

Still an emphatic no fae me…..but am hearing more and more in the grapevine the the snake/rat is being lined up to come back….
If it does happen he’ll have a hell of a job explaining in motivation, for taking the job, and worst of all the fans are split about him coming back

Personally I wouldn’t believe a word that comes out his liar’s mouth, but we will all mump and moan, and get behind the manager as usual, and all will be forgotten, after the 1st hun skelping,

Hire a manager to win us games and go far in Europe....I don't care who it is. He won't have to feed us all the "I love this club" bullshit as no one will believe him anyway. Celtic fans aren't as gullible as most. He will have the support of the fans as long as he does the 2 things said above....but who ever he is, he'll have to work a lot harder to win our trust...so why not BR. His job will be as difficult as anyone else's.

A very brave first post there Tony which you probably knew would divide opinion.
Which emphasises exactly what the re appointment of a certain Mr Rodgers or whatever he's called these days would bring.
One of the most significant aspects of Anges success was his ability to unite the whole club particularly the supporters to fully get behind him.
It is a massive shot in the arm for any manager and the players for that matter to know the support believe in you .
BR was afforded this first time around and he delivered in return but unfortunately shot that belief down in flames.
Is Ange any different you might ask given he has jumped ship also.
In time Ange might be seen in a different light for Brendan alas that ship has sailed imo.
All the same you are entitled as any Celtic man to your thoughts on the matter ...welcome Tony HH !!

Members online

Latest posts

Back