Bring back Fergus

How I miss Fergus, small in stature, but balls of steel and the heart of a lion….

Shameful how the fans treated him on the flag raising day,
A hard nosed business man, played the long game, set us on a firm financial footing, steered us on a path for 20 years and counting of dominance of the Scottish game, took on the establishment and gave them a bloody nose, cost the arsehole In chief, Farry his mega bucks job

Had a 5 year plan, do a share issue, build a stadium and put a team together to Win back the league, then I’ll sell my shares, take my money and retire back to Canada…..and unlike the spivs, chancers and flash Harry’s across the city….he did exactly as he promised to do 💚

The wee man is destined to have a statue on the Celtic way….and I for one would HAPPILY put my hand in my pocket to help fund it,
Hopefully with a design that has him with his iconic flat cap in hand, turned upside down asking for money, so on game days people could put coins in it for a donation to the Celtic charity foundation 💚

Who remained silent?? I think the Celtic fans have shown, in numbers what they think of the MSM. There's a reason their sale numbers are falling through the floor. There's a reason celtic fan media is on the up. It's about time the board got behind the fans on this one. We've definitely done our bit where the media are concerned.
Took years before folk wised up and stopped buying the red tops well over 20 and it can't all be put down to just Celtic fans who may i add have remained silent on alot of smears on the club throughout the years the last 5 in particular

if i mind right the only time they were vocal was when the GB protest broke down the ring of fencing the board put up ,oh and other GB issues that didn't suit

As for fan media ,,,,,what does it give ? some wee storys everyday just for the clicks ,,,,, any exclusives straight from the club ,,,,,,nope ,,,,,just there opinions ,,,,do they ever take the club to task , call them out ,,,,emails/phone calls /face to face ,,,,,,,never heard of any

Took years before folk wised up and stopped buying the red tops well over 20 and it can't all be put down to just Celtic fans who may i add have remained silent on alot of smears on the club throughout the years the last 5 in particular

if i mind right the only time they were vocal was when the GB protest broke down the ring of fencing the board put up ,oh and other GB issues that didn't suit

As for fan media ,,,,,what does it give ? some wee storys everyday just for the clicks ,,,,, any exclusives straight from the club ,,,,,,nope ,,,,,just there opinions ,,,,do they ever take the club to task , call them out ,,,,emails/phone calls /face to face ,,,,,,,never heard of any

I'd imagine people only wised up to the red tops due to the introduction of the Internet, and the Celtic fan media. Before that, the red tops were the only way of getting any news....Real or fake...when it came to Celtic.
Would the scum have got away with the EBTs for so long had guys like Phil Mac had their own blogs during those years?? I doubt it. Like him or not...he's been one of the main guys when it comes to exposing what's actually going on over there....and James Forrest, IMO, is the best guy out there are breaking down and ripping apart the SMSMs bullshit stories.

You've been on this forum long enough to know that every single member has been vocal regarding the media....there is not one supporter of the MSM on here. I don't know your personal life and you may know Celtic fans who have been silent on the issue of the media...but I don't.

As for Fergus hiring BR. This is a guy that sacked Tommy Burns, went to war with Celtic players over money and went to war with the whole establishment....if hiring BR would have helped him realise his dream...he would have done it in a heartbeat and not given two fucks what anyone thought of it....probably.

Last edited:

I don’t think Auldheid et al would agree with you there…..neither would the many of us who financially contributed to the Persistence Beats Resistance campaign just to mention one or two…

As we all know these days, the media is full of bluenoses who report everything through orange tinted glasses. We knew this to an extent but it wasn't so obvious as it is nowadays with blogs and social media showings these charlatans up for what they really are. So back then fans were gleefully bombarded by negative stories against the Bunnet from every angle. And the hacks knew that if Fergus was successful then it could mean the end of the Ibrokes domination which was built entirely on loans from a very compliant bank, so they did whatever possible to stir the shite.

Whether it was disgruntled agents trying to get a better deal for their players, hundits giving their cock-eyed insight into the happenings at Parkhead, or just made up pish invented by booze-sozzled third rate hacks, then these were the ridiculous anti-Fergus daily headlines that too many of our diehard fans believed. Their booing was a sad moment, but you are correct - he faced it even though he knew it was probably coming.

Yes, Fergus made money out of Celtic, but he did EXACTLY what he promised us at the very start and also set us up for a generation of domination. Not only did he fight our cause against the bigots that ruin/run and report on our national sport, but his threat to Murray's ego resulted in the death of our greatest rivals who cheated to be able to try to compete with us.
That’s a spot on assessment of what happened BB. The Deidco supporting media blackened his name at every opportunity and a sizeable minority of Celtic bought into the Anti Fergus agenda. He saved us from being Cevco.
He refused to be blackmailed by the media into paying exorbitant wages to players. Fergus was the anti-Murray. He put our club on a secure, financially sustainable business model. Fiscal responsibility. Rangers died trying to keep up with our highly successful business model.
I believe (with hindsight) that Fergus McCann put the first nail in the coffin of Deidco. (Maybe the second nail, Did the first nail go in the day Murray walked through the door?)
correction- rolled through the door!!!

I don’t think Auldheid et al would agree with you there…..neither would the many of us who financially contributed to the Persistence Beats Resistance campaign just to mention one or two…
Like all who contributed i'll ask where were the others ?

You know the one's who week in week out just wanted to move on ,just want to forget all about and move on,,,,,that's in the past ,,,,your obsessed ,,,,didn't want to talk about it

You know yourself every blog the talk of it was always met with forget about it move on

I'd imagine people only wised up to the red tops due to the introduction of the Internet, and the Celtic fan media. Before that, the red tops were the only way of getting any news....Real or fake...when it came to Celtic.
Would the scum have got away with the EBTs for so long had guys like Phil Mac had their own blogs during those years?? I doubt it. Like him or not...he's been one of the main guys when it comes to exposing what's actually going on over there....and James Forrest, IMO, is the best guy out there are breaking down and ripping apart the SMSMs bullshit stories.

You've been on this forum long enough to know that every single member has been vocal regarding the media....there is not one supporter of the MSM on here. I don't know your personal life and you may know Celtic fans who have been silent on the issue of the media...but I don't.

As for Fergus hiring BR. This is a guy that sacked Tommy Burns, went to war with Celtic players over money and went to war with the whole establishment....if hiring BR would have helped him realise his dream...he would have done it in a heartbeat and not given two fucks what anyone thought of it....probably.
City of London police uncovered the Ebts during the investigation into Boumsongs transfer

Rangers tax case blog and Paul McConvilles scots law blog who did all the digging so we'll agree to disagree on that one , but quite a few back in the day lifted folks work and made it there own

As for the other blogger with the nice breakdown of stories that will be the same guy who didn't have time ,,,his own words ,,, to deal with the vile huns posting comments on his site ,,,,yeah he gives you stories and that's all they are.

stories for clicks ,,,,do they take the club to task ,,,,,nope , they just tell stories

probably not

He was first and foremost a businessman. He wouldnt have wanted anything to affect his income.
That includes keeping the huns alive. Imo.
I think you you are correct regards him knowing losing ragers would be bad for business but he may have been of the belief that illegally won honours should have been removed from ragers 1872 as it would not have impacted on the business side

That wasn't the question

The straight answer to your question is I honestly don’t know.

In saying that, Fergus McCann was one of the most determined and single minded men you could ever meet.

I’m of the view he would do whatever he needed to do to get where he wanted to go, and if that meant re hiring someone, I wouldn’t discount it…

City of London police uncovered the Ebts during the investigation into Boumsongs transfer

Rangers tax case blog and Paul McConvilles scots law blog who did all the digging so we'll agree to disagree on that one , but quite a few back in the day lifted folks work and made it there own

As for the other blogger with the nice breakdown of stories that will be the same guy who didn't have time ,,,his own words ,,, to deal with the vile huns posting comments on his site ,,,,yeah he gives you stories and that's all they are.

stories for clicks ,,,,do they take the club to task ,,,,,nope , they just tell stories

probably not

We don't need to agree to disagree mate. I 100% trust what you say, regarding who helped expose the huns...I came to the blogs quite late so always read phils blogs....but the point stands that it was the blogs that helped expose the huns....not the media. Do you honestly believe we would have heard about City of London police raiding ibrox in the daily record, had we not had the people you've mentioned tweeting and exposing it on line. You've sort of made my point for me.
I'd be very surprised if the Scottish media weren't aware of the EBTs. They would have been well briefed to remain quiet while visiting Murray in his Villa.

And whether JF can be arsed dealing with huns or not has nothing to do with my point on how he picks apart the medias attacks on Celtic....which he does quite well. Better than the Celtic board anyway.....I wonder if McCann would be so quiet on the matter?

Like all who contributed i'll ask where were the others ?

You know the one's who week in week out just wanted to move on ,just want to forget all about and move on,,,,,that's in the past ,,,,your obsessed ,,,,didn't want to talk about it

You know yourself every blog the talk of it was always met with forget about it move on

Let me answer you this way.

What I’ve come to realise, is the only thing any of us have any real control over is ourselves. What really matters to one person doesn’t necessarily mean someone else will have the same conviction.

As individuals we do what is important to us.

If Celtic means enough to you, you do what your heart tells you that you need to do. Like the truly great Celtic man John Keane did at the eleventh hour, when he deposited £1M of his own money in the Bank of Scotland to save Celtic from Administration.

Like you though, I get disappointed when I think folk could do more for the Celtic cause, but like I said previously, we all do what our hearts and our consciences dictate.

I have faith that there’s enough of us that will stand up and be counted when it’s really needed and matters most…

That’s a spot on assessment of what happened BB. The Deidco supporting media blackened his name at every opportunity and a sizeable minority of Celtic bought into the Anti Fergus agenda. He saved us from being Cevco.
He refused to be blackmailed by the media into paying exorbitant wages to players. Fergus was the anti-Murray. He put our club on a secure, financially sustainable business model. Fiscal responsibility. Rangers died trying to keep up with our highly successful business model.
I believe (with hindsight) that Fergus McCann put the first nail in the coffin of Deidco. (Maybe the second nail, Did the first nail go in the day Murray walked through the door?)
correction- rolled through the door!!!

The first nail was around the year 1967…

Let me answer you this way.

What I’ve come to realise, is the only thing any of us have any real control over is ourselves. What really matters to one person doesn’t necessarily mean someone else will have the same conviction.

As individuals we do what is important to us.

If Celtic means enough to you, you do what your heart tells you that you need to do. Like the truly great Celtic man John Keane did at the eleventh hour, when he deposited £1M of his own money in the Bank of Scotland to save Celtic from Administration.

Like you though, I get disappointed when I think folk could do more for the Celtic cause, but like I said previously, we all do what our hearts and our consciences dictate.

I have faith that there’s enough of us that will stand up and be counted when it’s really needed and matters most…
👏👏👏👏

HH 💚🤍💛

Members online

Back