Broonie fallout with Jim Goodwin?

Will be interesting to see if he has actually got anything better to offer than what he showed with St mirren, Kelly.
Can't see the sheep fans being to happy playing in such a manner, but in a results business it could well get overlooked if there was a upturn in there results all the same.
Glad I couldn't give too hoots about the future of the sheep and never suited Broonie in a red strip either
Going by saturdays game against sevco then i would say he offers nothing that game was there for the taking ,coming out and saying he was resting Broony was pathetic
The sheep needed some one with a bit of dig push them forward all i seen was st mirren team wearing aberdeen strips

Going by saturdays game against sevco then i would say he offers nothing that game was there for the taking ,coming out and saying he was resting Broony was pathetic
The sheep needed some one with a bit of dig push them forward all i seen was st mirren team wearing aberdeen strips
Never watched it Kelly, very rarely I would insult my eyes by putting them through watching hun shit

Will be interesting to see if he has actually got anything better to offer than what he showed with St mirren, Kelly.
Can't see the sheep fans being to happy playing in such a manner, but in a results business it could well get overlooked if there was a upturn in there results all the same.
Glad I couldn't give too hoots about the future of the sheep and never suited Broonie in a red strip either
Agree think Goodwin’s a carbon copy of Derrick McHunnes but a better parking attendant. Agree wi Kelly put your dough on him gettin pumped next Season.
a more one dimensional manager you’ll struggle to see.

HH 😞

Agree think Goodwin’s a carbon copy of Derrick McHunnes but a better parking attendant. Agree wi Kelly put your dough on him gettin pumped next Season.
a more one dimensional manager you’ll struggle to see.

HH 😞
Before I get accused of being a fan of Jim Goodwin, just want to make it clear that I'm not in the manner he gets his team to play against us.
But is that enough reason to class him as a useless manager still?
Still will give him respect for taking on a club that starts every season as potential relegation favourites but hasn't been the case yet anyway.
Has he got anything better to offer?
No idea, but has got the opportunity now, with a far bigger budget to work with now anyway.
Most people were expecting the sheep to be bit of a force this season, and don't think to many could forsee the sheep of potentially not being able to make the top 6 and especially with the inclusion of Broonie within their ranks, but that's what it's looking like now.
Strange still that 2 of our most decorated and experienced players left in the summer, yet cost both managers there jobs still, disappointing fact all the same imo.

I'm of the opinion that you can never have enough winners in your team be it playing or coaching, bring him home, teach him the Ange way. 💪😎 💪
Fair enough 50, the unanswered question will be weather Ange has any interest to see if a working relationship can be formed.
Still would prefer to see if Broonie is actually coaching material still, as that remains a bigger unanswered question still imo.

Confirmed now Broonie has left the sheep.
The question of course now will be weather he returns to our own fold now?
Still remain that its not in our best interests for now.
Sorry to upset yourself docco, only an opinion

Am way you john no,would love broony to get his own club,smooth aff the rough edges then get back to the hoops,,but if big ange fancy’s him back a wid be well chuffed,,it would be some boost!!

I actually quite like Goodwin...I like the cut of his gib..He worked absolute miracles at St Mirren with the two Bob he had to spend there every year....I think for the majority of new managers at Scottish teams outwith the top two, the first thing you have to do is make yourself hard to beat and build from a solid defence just like Maloney is doing just now at hibs... Goodwin inherited some utter mince at Aberdeen and I hope he gets the time and backing to turn it around

No way would this be the case and I dont expect broony to be there for much longer if Goodwin is hitting out with that nonsense. It's actually an insult if that's how it was said. Wont be overly surprised to hear that Goodwin accidentally walked into a door and meanwhile Scott Brown has decided to take the reigns of another club.
I'd like him to be part of our staff but it has to be Anges decision . Hes already come here having been told that he wasnt getting to pick his backroom team, something that has cost Celtic multiple managers signatures before. One ( cant recall who right now was in the sports news saying he turned down the job because of this.
We have gotten lucky with Ange for it could so easily have gone wrong this insistance of our board to dictate our managers backroom team makes little to no sense whatsoever.
Starting to think JK has dirt in DD or someone as hes now working under his 3rd or 4th at least different manager.
Gavin Strachan? What's so important about him that he must be part of the management team? Is he the only one who can work a tablet or laptop? Not even great at that , have seen him pointing at it giving instructions to the oncoming sub then realising its upside down to a few times 🙈
🙃🙃🙃🙃

Fair enough 50, the unanswered question will be weather Ange has any interest to see if a working relationship can be formed.
Still would prefer to see if Broonie is actually coaching material still, as that remains a bigger unanswered question still imo.
I wouldn't have a problem with Broony returning to us a coach to learn under Ange but maybe not in a senior role for the first team yet. Where better to learn than at Celtic Park? He can clearly read a game and has a determination and will to win that is second to none. I think getting away from the club and returning to a nearly completely new set of players would help him. Other than occasional speculation on forums or social media I have never read of rumours from those "in the know" even suggesting that Broony was unprofessional or a source of disruption in the dressing room last season.

In all honesty I think Broony will take some time out...play a lot of golf and come back to football with renewed vigor.... remember this is a guy who when Brendan was in charge, coached the youth team and spent all his time when he was not actually training or playing devoting himself to that role.. Brenda had to reign him in.. Broony has forgotten more about the game than most players current or past will ever know!!
To suggest that he is not ready to step up to an assistant role to Ang is laughable

Latest posts

Back