Broonie fallout with Jim Goodwin?

In all honesty I think Broony will take some time out...play a lot of golf and come back to football with renewed vigor.... remember this is a guy who when Brendan was in charge, coached the youth team and spent all his time when he was not actually training or playing devoting himself to that role.. Brenda had to reign him in.. Broony has forgotten more about the game than most players current or past will ever know!!
To suggest that he is not ready to step up to an assistant role to Ang is laughable
So would you have Broonie to replace JK Docco?

Scott Brown and Stephen Glass were friends and teammates at Hibs prior to Broonie moving to Celtic.

I find it quite endearing that Broonie feels loyalty to a comrade and it may well be that he is questioning his own position, as opposed to it being a case of Goodwin wanting rid.

Perhaps Bridie has an inside line with his ear being closer to the ground, but there's a rumour that the American financiers had/have too much influence in team affairs at Pittodrie, especially with regards to signings and team selection.

Like Docco commented upon previously, I like Goodwin and thought he done a good job with the Buddies considering his lack of resources and I would have thought of him as the type of character and personality that Broonie could possibly work with, but I also think that Scott Brown has displayed his support of friends and colleagues throughout his Celtic career and I don't see why this trait would change with Stephen Glass, especially considering their shared history.

Whatever happens from here on in, I hope Ange is consulted and has the final call on any potential decision. I'd have Broonie back in a heartbeat, but Ange has earned the right to be at the sharp end of any discussions regarding team and coaching affairs and it must be he who has the final say.

Scott Brown and Stephen Glass were friends and teammates at Hibs prior to Broonie moving to Celtic.

I find it quite endearing that Broonie feels loyalty to a comrade and it may well be that he is questioning his own position, as opposed to it being a case of Goodwin wanting rid.

Perhaps Bridie has an inside line with his ear being closer to the ground, but there's a rumour that the American financiers had/have too much influence in team affairs at Pittodrie, especially with regards to signings and team selection.

Like Docco commented upon previously, I like Goodwin and thought he done a good job with the Buddies considering his lack of resources and I would have thought of him as the type of character and personality that Broonie could possibly work with, but I also think that Scott Brown has displayed his support of friends and colleagues throughout his Celtic career and I don't see why this trait would change with Stephen Glass, especially considering their shared history.

Whatever happens from here on in, I hope Ange is consulted and has the final call on any potential decision. I'd have Broonie back in a heartbeat, but Ange has earned the right to be at the sharp end of any discussions regarding team and coaching affairs and it must be he who has the final say.
Fair points as usual SP.
Again it would call into question just how much impact it had upon Broonie last season when Gordon and Hayes were shown the door?
Morally wrong decision and turned into a drastic wrong decision with being replaced by expensive flops as such, not of course if it was planned by the powers to be, which I still suspect that and possibly forever more will do.
Remains frustrating with players been bound by gagging orders, to ever find out the real truth, upon what actually goes on behind closed doors, but also makes sense with the Scottish media the way they are.
Anyway I still find it very strange that the club got rid of Broonie as quickly as they did, especially at a time when there was such uncertainty surrounding the club at the time.

Aye, thiink my daughter needs a Doctor or a fucking opticians, she thinks Goodwins a good coach & 👇👇👇👇😂😂😂👀😂😂😂

DILF
dɪlf/
noun
INFORMAL

a sexually attractive older man, typically one who has children.

"he is now officially a DILF"

FFS, young yins these days terrible, Broonies a DILF tae.😂😂😂😂😂😂

It actually comes as no surprise to me, that Goodwin may well have made the decision that Broonie doesn't feature in his future plans, especially after the season the sheep have had this term.
You could never question Broonie as a leader of a team out on the park, but with age catching up with him, does he still get the same respect nowadays from his team mates around him?
What type of character does Broonie remain within the changing room these days?
I still have doubts about weather Broonie may have been a disruptive figure within the changing room last season, especially when I see so many similar character traits with Broonie and Roy Keane.
Even came a time that fergie had to offload keane to ourselves to rebuild a team without him.
So many just expect Broonie to walk into a coaching role with us still, yet hasn't done anything to prove himself worthy of such a position within the club still.
I would still have my doubts as to whether Broonie could play a lesser role within the club at present.
Personally would prefer to see Broonie go and earn his stripes elsewhere to prove himself worthy of a return to the club, before a decision is just made on sentiment alone imo.
I hate to say this but I think that Broonie needs to go out and about and find out what he is going to be like as a coach. There is probably quite a few clubs where he could continue his coaching education. I hope that he will find his way around quite a few clubs of different sizes, divisions to give him a more accurate picture of the needs of a modern coach. If we bring him back immediately it might just become a distraction. First and foremost winning the league this season has to be paramount. I don't think he would like to cause the media mayhem that would surely happen on his immediate return. So sadly for me I don't think his return should happen. HH.

In all honesty I think Broony will take some time out...play a lot of golf and come back to football with renewed vigor.... remember this is a guy who when Brendan was in charge, coached the youth team and spent all his time when he was not actually training or playing devoting himself to that role.. Brenda had to reign him in.. Broony has forgotten more about the game than most players current or past will ever know!!
To suggest that he is not ready to step up to an assistant role to Ang is laughable
Sorry but I have to disagree, over last season, one of the main complaints about Kennedy, was his lack of outside experience, sentiment may suggest that we bring Broonie home, but sentiment does not win titles, as another example of this would be NFL being offered the mgrs job in the shower, this being both a sentimental decision as well as the cheap option. What effect would his return have on the players? So in my opinion now would not be the best time to bring him home, HH

Sorry but I have to disagree, over last season, one of the main complaints about Kennedy, was his lack of outside experience, sentiment may suggest that we bring Broonie home, but sentiment does not win titles, as another example of this would be NFL being offered the mgrs job in the shower, this being both a sentimental decision as well as the cheap option. What effect would his return have on the players? So in my opinion now would not be the best time to bring him home, HH

He's going to come in and learn from Ang... equally Ang would benefit and learn things from Broony...like I said, it's highly unlikely to happen this year but could and should at the start of the season.....in life and not just in football, the greatest leaders needed a trusty number two

WGS:

“It will be interesting to see what Scott does from here but if you look back at his career there were some great goals, great passes, great tackles. Even this season at Aberdeen he scored that diving header at Ibrox against Rangers. So he’s still helping even now by taking two points off [the club formally known as] Rangers!

“Can you just imagine if Celtic end up winning this title by just one point? He’s the guy who keeps on giving”.

He's going to come in and learn from Ang... equally Ang would benefit and learn things from Broony...like I said, it's highly unlikely to happen this year but could and should at the start of the season.....in life and not just in football, the greatest leaders needed a trusty number two
We all need a good number two from time to time!

He might benefit from a wee break before launching his coaching career full time. I think they might be a good team together - you just never know who you get that bond with.

He might benefit from a wee break before launching his coaching career full time. I think they might be a good team together - you just never know who you get that bond with.
Pierce Brosnan wiz a stylish Bond shoud this naw be oan a Film threed
Thurs even a link furra weekend break at Bernies. This yist ti be a fit ba shoap tsk

HH 😭

I know it remains a total guessing game upon what Broonie will do next, and of course there be strong feelings about wanting to bring Broonie back home.
Would be very surprised if anything was to develop at this stage of a season for himself, so possibly won't be until the summer until anything gets decided imo.
Don't actually see Broonie as a character who would play a back seat driving role when so use to leading from the front for as long as he had.
Still no one seems to know what the actual coaching set up is currently, in what role everyone has at present, so where could Broonie fit in?
As for a potential no 2 position, think it's a potential long shot for 2 individuals who wouldn't even know each other as such, to have the same outlook upon team affairs imo.
What did surprise me when Ange took over, was how he was prepared to work with the existing coaching set up as such, and very surprised still that he seems very happy with all also, and no wonder with the achievements and success already gained, so would he really want to change things that has been fairly successful to date?
Now I would love to see Broonie returning to the club at some stage, yet my gut feeling is saying that this is potentially not the right time at present, especially when I don't see a role where he could at present settle into, without the danger of potentially causing unrest imo.

Latest posts

Back