Broonie fallout with Jim Goodwin?

Brimcbhoy

So Broonie wasn't even in the 'dons squad yesterday. Jim Goodwin claims it was to 'rest his tired legs'?
I'm calling BS on that. I know Scott is no spring chicken but for him to say "aye, I'll sit this weekend out, ma legs are a wee bit tired", is a pile of 💩 .
Clearly Broonie is not happy with Glasses sacking and is none to keen on working with Goodwin.
We may see him back sooner than we all thought. In a coaching capacity I'd guess.

So Broonie wasn't even in the 'dons squad yesterday. Jim Goodwin claims it was to 'rest his tired legs'?
I'm calling BS on that. I know Scott is no spring chicken but for him to say "aye, I'll sit this weekend out, ma legs are a wee bit tired", is a pile of 💩 .
Clearly Broonie is not happy with Glasses sacking and is none to keen on working with Goodwin.
We may see him back sooner than we all thought. In a coaching capacity I'd guess.
Good.

👏👏👏
Come hame Broonie \o/ 💚

HH 🍀

Ah fuckit........I'm away to stand corrected by my own words - again!!!

I sincerely felt that Broonie had gone a season too far last year.

I totally understood his stance at carrying on though. Who wouldn't want to be the figurehead of such an historic achievement?

I even felt it was a good personal decision to go to Aberdeen. He could distance himself from the Glasgow bubble and earn his coaching chops in a good environment and carry on playing.

As this season draws on though, what I wouldn't give to have his presence there on the park in certain games.

I feel we have a decent midfield which is going to be a real unit when it properly gels, but we do lack a ball winner. Calmac and Hatate are quite effective in poking the ball away, but they haven't mastered the art of leaving a bit of meat on it and sending out a message.

Scott Brown would have been ideal for certain games in this Celtic team (today being a good example).

On the same topic, there is enough distance now to invite Broonie back in a coaching capacity. It's almost an entirely new team, so that transition from being a team-mate to coach would not be quite so traumatic for everyone involved.

Ange could do a lot worse than having Broonie alongside him in the dug-oot next season.

Exactly. Because away to sevco at Ibrokes on their 1(5)0th birthday party is just the game that both parties would agree to rest up \o/

Think it's more to do with the players making comments to the press after Glass went plus Goodwin thinking he's the new Mourinho the sheep needed Broony yesterday it would have helped them win the game

No way would this be the case and I dont expect broony to be there for much longer if Goodwin is hitting out with that nonsense. It's actually an insult if that's how it was said. Wont be overly surprised to hear that Goodwin accidentally walked into a door and meanwhile Scott Brown has decided to take the reigns of another club.
I'd like him to be part of our staff but it has to be Anges decision . Hes already come here having been told that he wasnt getting to pick his backroom team, something that has cost Celtic multiple managers signatures before. One ( cant recall who right now was in the sports news saying he turned down the job because of this.
We have gotten lucky with Ange for it could so easily have gone wrong this insistance of our board to dictate our managers backroom team makes little to no sense whatsoever.
Starting to think JK has dirt in DD or someone as hes now working under his 3rd or 4th at least different manager.
Gavin Strachan? What's so important about him that he must be part of the management team? Is he the only one who can work a tablet or laptop? Not even great at that , have seen him pointing at it giving instructions to the oncoming sub then realising its upside down to a few times 🙈

We laugh mate but it is true weve aw seen it happen. The rain is teamin doon an he stauns up soaked through pointing at that tablet. It looks so stupid because it is so stupid. I understand that WGS jnr probably canny speak Japanese or other foreign languages like English but youd have thought that ifvhes so fond of it learn how to hold it properly and stop dropping it.
Nae wonder Ange doesn't make substitutions too often if hes gonny have to wait for an iPad to dry out and putting it in rice is bs I've tried it. Might dry it out after some time but always ends up buffering or stalling or just gets fucked with water damage. Whits wrong with a pencil and paper these days apart from rice wont dry it oot either?

No way would this be the case and I dont expect broony to be there for much longer if Goodwin is hitting out with that nonsense. It's actually an insult if that's how it was said. Wont be overly surprised to hear that Goodwin accidentally walked into a door and meanwhile Scott Brown has decided to take the reigns of another club.
I'd like him to be part of our staff but it has to be Anges decision . Hes already come here having been told that he wasnt getting to pick his backroom team, something that has cost Celtic multiple managers signatures before. One ( cant recall who right now was in the sports news saying he turned down the job because of this.
We have gotten lucky with Ange for it could so easily have gone wrong this insistance of our board to dictate our managers backroom team makes little to no sense whatsoever.
Starting to think JK has dirt in DD or someone as hes now working under his 3rd or 4th at least different manager.
Gavin Strachan? What's so important about him that he must be part of the management team? Is he the only one who can work a tablet or laptop? Not even great at that , have seen him pointing at it giving instructions to the oncoming sub then realising its upside down to a few times 🙈

I think Ang definitely rates big McManus...he looks the part at training and has an ear piece and stuff

Aye, not many players coming through in the modern game like Broonie. It's seems young players are being coached not too dive in to tackles, stay on your feet.

Wee Strachan is a Data Analyst & Coach, all players wear a data chip on some part of their body's.

Sports data analysts spend their time collecting on-field and off-field data from a variety of sources and then analyzing and interpreting that data looking for meaningful insights.On-field data includes player performance and health, as well as the viability of plays and tactics.

That's why he's always got a tablet or laptop

It actually comes as no surprise to me, that Goodwin may well have made the decision that Broonie doesn't feature in his future plans, especially after the season the sheep have had this term.
You could never question Broonie as a leader of a team out on the park, but with age catching up with him, does he still get the same respect nowadays from his team mates around him?
What type of character does Broonie remain within the changing room these days?
I still have doubts about weather Broonie may have been a disruptive figure within the changing room last season, especially when I see so many similar character traits with Broonie and Roy Keane.
Even came a time that fergie had to offload keane to ourselves to rebuild a team without him.
So many just expect Broonie to walk into a coaching role with us still, yet hasn't done anything to prove himself worthy of such a position within the club still.
I would still have my doubts as to whether Broonie could play a lesser role within the club at present.
Personally would prefer to see Broonie go and earn his stripes elsewhere to prove himself worthy of a return to the club, before a decision is just made on sentiment alone imo.

Aye, not many players coming through in the modern game like Broonie. It's seems young players are being coached not too dive in to tackles, stay on your feet.

Wee Strachan is a Data Analyst & Coach, all players wear a data chip on some part of their body's.

Sports data analysts spend their time collecting on-field and off-field data from a variety of sources and then analyzing and interpreting that data looking for meaningful insights.On-field data includes player performance and health, as well as the viability of plays and tactics.

That's why he's always got a tablet or laptop
Very true TT, and that only indicates just how much the science with the technology has such an impact upon the modern game these days.
Must impact upon the decision making where everything can be so analysed that players can become more robotic than allowed to play with there natural instincts nowadays imo.

Scott Brown probably wanted the team to try and play football. A concept completely alien to Jim Goodwin.
Possibly true POD, but after the season the sheep have had, they need to start somewhere on rebuilding things and usually there play without the ball would be a focus point, and say Goodwin will improve that with them even if it's not pretty to watch.
Also in the role Broonie likes to play with taking the ball off the CB and start playing himself, this is very much outdated now as a coach would expect the CB to be able to carry out that duty with the DFM playing higher up in a link up role with the FB, a lot of this is to deal with the higher press teams are willing to play these days.
Seen nothing within Broonie game to see he is able to adapt to the more modern approach these days, but will put that solely down to the age factor at present.

Goodwin only knows one tactic and that's park the bus i would bet he'll be the first spfl manager sacked in the new season
Will be interesting to see if he has actually got anything better to offer than what he showed with St mirren, Kelly.
Can't see the sheep fans being to happy playing in such a manner, but in a results business it could well get overlooked if there was a upturn in there results all the same.
Glad I couldn't give too hoots about the future of the sheep and never suited Broonie in a red strip either

Back