Calling out a "Fan"

Maradona. Greatest player who ever lived, or ever will live.

A magician on the filed in an age when the opposition could slaughter you legally.

The only person ever to get near him was the Butcher of Bilbao who broke his leg when Diego was with Barca.

Even then, he was back at it months later.

Raised football to an art form, simply breath-taking natural ability. Won a World Cup by himself, took Napoli to a scuddeto himself, scored the greatest header the world has ever seen in that 86 World cup. Capable of playing like a mad genius even when he was oot his nut on coke.

Everyone else is playing for title of second-best player of all time. When Maradona finally snorts the line that finishes him off, the number 10 jersey should be retiered from top-level football worldwide.
And the drug cartels should drop the decimal system when measuring out shipments.
Ma old mans favourite player but i say Messi's the greatest?

I still get a wee buzz when I watch old Maradona clips
Was my favourite player, back in the day
Noticed you posted my favourite clip of him 'Life is Life
When I coached a U13's team, we went on a road trip for a few days, playing a few teams, a couple of hundred miles away
First time they had been on a luxury coach, away from home and staying at a nice hotel, they were all excited
The bus had a DVD player and I popped in a DVD of some of the great players clips, they had never seen, the kids were pretty noisy (as you'd expect) until that clip came on...kids were going "Sshht"
The bus went uiet and afterwards they were all talking about Maradona, instead of the usual suspects
We played that clip over and over on that trip and I bet to this day, some of those kids will have told their friends to watch it
Thanks for posting that TET
Nice wee trip down memory lane for yours truly
HH

Last edited:
seen Maradona at Hampden, when he ripped the pish oot ae us,seen Pele in 1996 when Bremner kicked him aff the park,then ah watched him in 1970!, sorry Sandman, but Pele wiz the greatest,the Brazilian government even passed a law barring him from signing furra team ootside ae Brazil!!!!!

Saw Pele when he played for the Cosmos in the '70s -- with Franz Beckenbauer and Giorgio Chinaglia (all of them past their prime) -- and Pele was awesome. Wish I had seen Maradona play.

seen Maradona at Hampden, when he ripped the pish oot ae us,seen Pele in 1996 when Bremner kicked him aff the park,then ah watched him in 1970!, sorry Sandman, but Pele wiz the greatest,the Brazilian government even passed a law barring him from signing furra team ootside ae Brazil!!!!!
Was at that game Michael. He had thighs on him like tree trunks and he was only 18.
Quietly pleased seen Pele, meradonna, messi and Renaldo. Not a bad wee forward line. And yes most pleased to have seen Henrik, before anyone asks!
HH

Gladly, pal. You said I was glib. Glib about what? Do you even know what glib means?

"If I actually understand it . . . " What the fuck does that mean? Do you honestly think I don't know? Are you that pretentious?

I was just responding to boab1916's post, since it was addressed to me, and has nothing to do with any degree of levity on the topic. I know the history, probably better than you.

Class dismissed.
I am pissed aff at the natives Larry! (not really though).
On our way to
Yosemite we stopped at a petrol station/shop owned by the Chuk Chanci ( spelt wrong I think) tribe. We needed rolling papers. Mrs Richy and myself ask for rolling papers. The girl says, is it for tobacco? Mrs Richy says, yes it is. At the same time I said, no it's not. The girl looked confused then asked again. This time we both answered no. The girl laughed and said, We have this issue with our elderly customers all the time, they think everything is still illegal. Never been called old before Larry.
It was devestating blow to my morale.
We are going back for more abuse in September hopefully.

Back