Carl Starfelt and the recent criticism he has received...

The thing that stands out in this thread, is that we all really want the bhoy to be successful. Even most of the Noisers who have written him off seem like they would be delighted to be proved wrong. For myself, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and trust in Ange. If mistakes continue on a regular basis,, then, of course, Ange will have a decision to make.

The thing that stands out in this thread, is that we all really want the bhoy to be successful. Even most of the Noisers who have written him off seem like they would be delighted to be proved wrong. For myself, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and trust in Ange. If mistakes continue on a regular basis,, then, of course, Ange will have a decision to make.
So Frank you can see why, after 30 odd games and maybe 25 poor or bad performances, some people including me suspect that his footballing skills are considered less than robust. Ambrose had a mistake in him to but his inherent ability as a footballer was not in question.... unlike Starfelt.

So Frank you can see why, after 30 odd games and maybe 25 poor or bad performances, some people including me suspect that his footballing skills are considered less than robust. Ambrose had a mistake in him to but his inherent ability as a footballer was not in question.... unlike Starfelt.
Out of curiosity virgo, I am wondering what you actually are looking for from a centre half?
You have stuck to your guns with the dislike towards Jules and now Starfelt, which is fair enough even if I would disagree somewhat, but still remain to understand as to why so much?

Don't think I'd say he's had 25 poor performances Vigo. But yes, I can see why some have made their minds up. I'm not for a minute saying I think he'll do for us long term. Just saying my patience hasn't quite run out yet. I'm happy to reserve judgement for a while longer. Probably an age thing.

Been watching the premiership over the festive period,thing that’s stuck out with playing so many games in succession and covid ravaging teams,players being asked to play other positions alien to them,,right sided players asked to go leftside an vice versa,,thing is there’s been some amount of injuries mainly hamstrings!calf strains with trying to adjust there bodies!!!no saying this is the problem way starfelt!!but it is possible!!!the players way the injuries down south are all class players so it shows its no as easy to switch sides if it’s something you’ve done since you were 11 or 12yr old??🤷‍♂️Jist saying like!!

Been watching the premiership over the festive period,thing that’s stuck out with playing so many games in succession and covid ravaging teams,players being asked to play other positions alien to them,,right sided players asked to go leftside an vice versa,,thing is there’s been some amount of injuries mainly hamstrings!calf strains with trying to adjust there bodies!!!no saying this is the problem way starfelt!!but it is possible!!!the players way the injuries down south are all class players so it shows its no as easy to switch sides if it’s something you’ve done since you were 11 or 12yr old??🤷‍♂️Jist saying like!!
Injuries like you have mentioned is more down to having less recovery time between matches and causing in turn less preparation time for the manager to get his team properly prepared for upcoming matches, so no wonder they are all up in arms currently especially with covid the way it is.
Players welfare is never considered when money remains king still within the modern game, of which is ran by tossers in general.
Football nowadays can be decided by very fine margins nowadays, especially in a game that has become so technical and tactical today, so even having to use Starfelt as a right footed player on the left, doesn't make the simple ball out to the left as easy as a left footed player can make it, so you would target that weekness with the high press and the hoof up the field is frowned upon when it's such a possession based game played nowadays, except the shit we have to play against

Injuries like you have mentioned is more down to having less recovery time between matches and causing in turn less preparation time for the manager to get his team properly prepared for upcoming matches, so no wonder they are all up in arms currently especially with covid the way it is.
Players welfare is never considered when money remains king still within the modern game, of which is ran by tossers in general.
Football nowadays can be decided by very fine margins nowadays, especially in a game that has become so technical and tactical today, so even having to use Starfelt as a right footed player on the left, doesn't make the simple ball out to the left as easy as a left footed player can make it, so you would target that weekness with the high press and the hoof up the field is frowned upon when it's such a possession based game played nowadays, except the shit we have to play against
Your correct there John way the recovery time and prep between games,it’s ridiculous plus the footballs no as good!!a watched the Chelsea game and the right back who played leftback Reece james done his calf because the boy lamptey kept going up his leftside,,it was his left calf that pinned itself to the grass when he tried to turn,,,same thing happened way chris julien...Ajer was leftside cb..united player ran down his left big dafty tried to tackle way his right boot as is natural to him guy clear threw!!rests history big Chris rattles post clearing...

Your correct there John way the recovery time and prep between games,it’s ridiculous plus the footballs no as good!!a watched the Chelsea game and the right back who played leftback Reece james done his calf because the boy lamptey kept going up his leftside,,it was his left calf that pinned itself to the grass when he tried to turn,,,same thing happened way chris julien...Ajer was leftside cb..united player ran down his left big dafty tried to tackle way his right boot as is natural to him guy clear threw!!rests history big Chris rattles post clearing...
Meant to say in a roundabout way if we had a left sided centre back that might not have happened!!!

I often use the term football chess nowadays with the amount of coverage and analysis that can be put upon players with strengths and weekness within there game as such.
Finding that left-footed CB to the degree of standard we are hoping for must be like looking for hens teeth nowadays, as we have had to adapt without a natural one for years now.
Would have been easier if we had a settled left back also to help form that partnership also, but we have remained short in getting anyone to really nail down that position as such still since Tierney left

I often use the term football chess nowadays with the amount of coverage and analysis that can be put upon players with strengths and weekness within there game as such.
Finding that left-footed CB to the degree of standard we are hoping for must be like looking for hens teeth nowadays, as we have had to adapt without a natural one for years now.
Would have been easier if we had a settled left back also to help form that partnership also, but we have remained short in getting anyone to really nail down that position as such still since Tierney left
A think Liam scales looks like a perfect fit for that position tho I haven’t the faintest idea what his actual position is!!a no he’s a lefty??thats a start😂

Out of curiosity virgo, I am wondering what you actually are looking for from a centre half?
You have stuck to your guns with the dislike towards Jules and now Starfelt, which is fair enough even if I would disagree somewhat, but still remain to understand as to why so much?
I don't think Celtic or the Scottish game are suited to Starfelt. When a new player is signed we all wait to see what we have gotten for our money. We will forgive a few mishaps as being down to the usual excuses to buy time to see if we are correct or otherwise in our 'personal' evaluation. If the mistakes continue in every game our confidence wanes. That is what has happened to me with Starfelt. I have no confidence that he will come good having watched him in every game this season. I also have a nagging feeling about Gio as I have had with Ajeti, and Bolingoli' since the day they arrived. I have little faith in McCarthy being any more than a squad player.
As for Juile.... He has shown (to me at least) a level of arrogance which IMO belies his ability. I see him as not more than an adequate defender who is blessed with being 6'12". despite being 'ordinary but believing his own advertising, he did not cover himself in glory by spitting the dummy when insisting that he be allowed to go to Dubai despite being behind in rehab. So he goes to Dubai and catches COVID and as such 13 members of the team and staff had to isolate for 2 weeks as close associates. You will note that that is where the slide really accelerated and we never recovered.
He was also one of a trio who, together with N'tcham (first) downed tools because he wanted to leave, and Eddie who, whilst taking the money. refused to put in a performance for more than a year. The most important year for Celtic historically. Now Julia who was supposed to be back in full training by August has had one 'setback' after another then it was to be October and now after more than a year looks as much a mercenary (IMO) as N'tcham and Eddie.
Before he went AWOL I notice often in training photos and videos that the 3 French players had formed a clique and we always photographed together. Eddie fed N'tcham at the expense of other options and Vice Versa. I watched as Julie was bullied and turned on a regular basis..... I could go on but I don't see the point. It is just one man's opinion after all. Well you did ask Johnno 😁

Last edited:
A think Liam scales looks like a perfect fit for that position tho I haven’t the faintest idea what his actual position is!!a no he’s a lefty??thats a start😂
I would agree with Scales in that position. I have been reasonably impressed with him so far.

Last edited:
I don't think Celtic or the Scottish game are suited to Starfelt. When a new player is signed we all wait to see what we have gotten for our money. We will forgive a few mishaps as being down to the usual excuses to buy time to see if we are correct or otherwise in our 'personal' evaluation. If the mistakes continue in every game our confidence wanes. That is what has happened to me with Starfelt. I have no confidence that he will come good having watched him in every game this season. I also have a nagging feeling about Gio as I have had with Ajeti, and Bolingoli' since the day they arrived. I have little faith in McCarthy being any more than a squad player.
As for Juile.... He has shown (to me at least) a level of arrogance which IMO belies his ability. I see him as not more than an adequate defender who is blessed with being 6'12". despite being 'ordinary but believing his own advertising, he did not cover himself in glory by spitting the dummy when insisting that he be allowed to go to Dubai despite being behind in rehab. So he goes to Dubai and catches COVID and as such 13 members of the team and staff had to isolate for 2 weeks as close associates. You will not that that is where the slide really accelerated and we never recovered.
He was also one of a trio who, together with N'tcham (first) downed tools because he wanted to leave, and Eddie who, whilst taking the money. refused to put in a performance for more than a year. The most important year for Celtic historically. Now Julia who was supposed to be back in full training by August has had one 'setback' after another than it was to be October and now after more than a year looks as much a mercinary (IMO) as N'tcham and Eddie.
Before he went AWOL I notice often in traing photos and videos that the 3 French players had formed a clique and we always photographed together. Eddie fed N'tcham at the expense of other options and Vice Versa. I watched as Julie was bullied and turned on a regular basis..... I could go on but I don't see the point. It is just one man's opinion after all. Well you did ask Johnno 😁
A bit hard hitting virgo, and sorry to say I couldn't agree upon a lot of what you stated as its a bit to controversial for my liking.
I can actually understand about weather Starfelt will be suited for the Scottish game but one main reason imo is does he have the mental strength to be able to overcome the nonsense that goes on within the Scottish game currently?
I know I couldn't, and the reason behind that is how bias the mib's are with their decision making and the frustration it can cause to a player.
There were 2 challenges on abada last Sunday where there CB came right through him without a yellow card being shown yet if Starfelt were to make the exact same challenge there would have been calls for a red and would have possibly recieved one also.
For a Celtic CB currently you seem to have to try and win a ball without any form of contract towards a striker and yet Ange wants to play the pressing game and not allowing players time on the ball still? Not sure how you overcome that as I know I wouldn't have lasted to long on the pitch under them circumstances faced.
As regards Jules, a bit harsh trying to put that ill faithed trip solely upon him especially when the team was well in free fall long before that.
A knee injury like the one he sustained is always going to be a guessing game upon the length of recovery and still wouldn't be overly confident if we should ever see him return properly to the team, yet hoping he will do because I would still class him as a very valuable member of the team still imo, and certainly don't hold any grudges against him about what might have went on in the past.
Never seen Jules not try to preform in the Jersey, something you quite rightly said can't be said about his fellow countrymen, still wouldn't put me off signing a French player if Ange decides to want one either.
Not a problem by me about having different views upon players and thank you for sharing them virgo

A bit hard hitting virgo, and sorry to say I couldn't agree upon a lot of what you stated as its a bit to controversial for my liking.
I can actually understand about weather Starfelt will be suited for the Scottish game but one main reason imo is does he have the mental strength to be able to overcome the nonsense that goes on within the Scottish game currently?
I know I couldn't, and the reason behind that is how bias the mib's are with their decision making and the frustration it can cause to a player.
There were 2 challenges on abada last Sunday where there CB came right through him without a yellow card being shown yet if Starfelt were to make the exact same challenge there would have been calls for a red and would have possibly recieved one also.
For a Celtic CB currently you seem to have to try and win a ball without any form of contract towards a striker and yet Ange wants to play the pressing game and not allowing players time on the ball still? Not sure how you overcome that as I know I wouldn't have lasted to long on the pitch under them circumstances faced.
As regards Jules, a bit harsh trying to put that ill faithed trip solely upon him especially when the team was well in free fall long before that.
A knee injury like the one he sustained is always going to be a guessing game upon the length of recovery and still wouldn't be overly confident if we should ever see him return properly to the team, yet hoping he will do because I would still class him as a very valuable member of the team still imo, and certainly don't hold any grudges against him about what might have went on in the past.
Never seen Jules not try to preform in the Jersey, something you quite rightly said can't be said about his fellow countrymen, still wouldn't put me off signing a French player if Ange decides to want one either.
Not a problem by me about having different views upon players and thank you for sharing them virgo
As I said these are only my own personal views. Not trying to convince anybody.... just stating what I see. You asked without rancour and I responded as honestly as I could. These were the facts as I saw them. Just one mans views.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back