Carl Starfelt and the recent criticism he has received...

I don't have it in for Starfish, I'd love him to be a raging success! But I'm disappointed in him, when we spend 4 plus million on an international defender I expect him to be bloody good, not a prospect who may come good in time. CCV on the other hand has been brilliant, he's not a flashy footballer but he does the basics right, works his arse off and hardly makes a mistake, exactly what I want from a central defender. Maybe CCV will cost us twice what Starfish did but I'd say it would be worth it because he's more than twice the player. So far....

I don't have it in for Starfish, I'd love him to be a raging success! But I'm disappointed in him, when we spend 4 plus million on an international defender I expect him to be bloody good, not a prospect who may come good in time. CCV on the other hand has been brilliant, he's not a flashy footballer but he does the basics right, works his arse off and hardly makes a mistake, exactly what I want from a central defender. Maybe CCV will cost us twice what Starfish did but I'd say it would be worth it because he's more than twice the player. So far....
Out of curiosity Hoopy, on the money front, would you class ajar as being 3 times as good as Starfelt?
I wouldn't anyway

Out of curiosity Hoopy, on the money front, would you class ajar as being 3 times as good as Starfelt?
I wouldn't anyway
I probably would would mate, Ajer on his game was bloody good. Don't remember what we paid for Ajer but he was a prospect, he proved himself and we made a decent profit from him, unless Starfish really turns it around I can't see us doing that with him, hope I'm wrong.

I probably would would mate, Ajer on his game was bloody good. Don't remember what we paid for Ajer but he was a prospect, he proved himself and we made a decent profit from him, unless Starfish really turns it around I can't see us doing that with him, hope I'm wrong.
Wouldn't say that we actually bought Starfelt with a huge profit in mind, unlike many before him.
So as a guess I would say he was bought as a long term buy for us, and like you said only time will tell, if he is going to be worth his value to us still

Wouldn't say that we actually bought Starfelt with a huge profit in mind, unlike many before him.
So as a guess I would say he was bought as a long term buy for us, and like you said only time will tell, if he is going to be worth his value to us still
I think that's my point mate, we bought him as an experienced international, not a prospect and we paid decent money (by our standards) on him, as such he's not delivered in my opinion, so far.
I hope we can tie CCV down, that guy is quality and strolls though SPL games, god knows what he'd cost us though.

I think that's my point mate, we bought him as an experienced international, not a prospect and we paid decent money (by our standards) on him, as such he's not delivered in my opinion, so far.
I hope we can tie CCV down, that guy is quality and strolls though SPL games, god knows what he'd cost us though.
Think we may be forced into buying CCV with the Jules situation as it is and may have to pay more than this board would like to still.
Think there was a buy option on the loan deal but only guessing games on what the figures were, with so many been floated around.
Still any forward in the spfl would target Starfelt before CCV with a higher chance of getting some success against him and CCV has also the luxury of having Ralston alongside him also compared with Starfelt mix and match options besides him for most games.
In general most managers don't like to have to make to many changes to there defensive set up, especially with the understanding that they can form on knowing each others game, we still haven't been able to form that somewhat, with the amount of changes with injuries we have had to contend with, so in general, I think the defensive line have coped pretty well still, especially as they are still not a settled unit as such still, so in theory there is still plenty of room for improvement yet imo.
Would also be a fan of the 3 at the back and wouldn't mind seeing Ange explore that option, more so within the spfl matches

Think we may be forced into buying CCV with the Jules situation as it is and may have to pay more than this board would like to still.
Think there was a buy option on the loan deal but only guessing games on what the figures were, with so many been floated around.
Still any forward in the spfl would target Starfelt before CCV with a higher chance of getting some success against him and CCV has also the luxury of having Ralston alongside him also compared with Starfelt mix and match options besides him for most games.
In general most managers don't like to have to make to many changes to there defensive set up, especially with the understanding that they can form on knowing each others game, we still haven't been able to form that somewhat, with the amount of changes with injuries we have had to contend with, so in general, I think the defensive line have coped pretty well still, especially as they are still not a settled unit as such still, so in theory there is still plenty of room for improvement yet imo.
Would also be a fan of the 3 at the back and wouldn't mind seeing Ange explore that option, more so within the spfl matches
John I love you man but I can't read all that, it's 4 am I can hardly remember my own name! I'm looking at Max Verhamster running around the floor in his exercise ball and I need to get him back in his house but I know the small rodent is going to out wit/make a cunt of me, whisky is bad for you kids! I'm going in ffs Max don't bite me!

Maybe if the fans at games gave starfish a bit more positive response when he does things right it might boost his confidence and relax him enough to play his natural game. I don’t think he feels the fans have accepted him and due to that he over thinks situations to avoid hearing the wrath he seems to get. I may be talking mince but I have licked the glue from some rizlas today 😵‍💫😳😵‍💫

Im still on the fence a wee bit with Starlord. I just feel he always has a mistake in him similar to big Efe, and that’s a concern. As the article said though he’s playing on the left side when he’s right footed plus he’s had a cast of thousands outside him at left back which has probably not helped him either. I think teams have been targeting our left side as a result.
But he is comfortable on the ball and can step into midfield like big Kris used to - I actually feel more comfortable when Starlord has the ball at his feet rather than CCV.
People say he’s an international but actually he’s on the fringes of the Sweden squad behind Helander.
But there’s maybe a lesson there - Helander took time to settle but I don’t remember him getting the treatment that Starlord has - I normally have a lot of time for Michael Stewart but in the LC final he - and Craighun - had it in for him. The first small mistake he made they were absolutely on him and slaughtering him.
Let’s see how he does in second half of the season - hopefully he gets the raccoon off his back! 🤣

Maybe if the fans at games gave starfish a bit more positive response when he does things right it might boost his confidence and relax him enough to play his natural game. I don’t think he feels the fans have accepted him and due to that he over thinks situations to avoid hearing the wrath he seems to get. I may be talking mince but I have licked the glue from some rizlas today 😵‍💫😳😵‍💫
Feel the same about Mikey J. Always feel he is trying too hard to be exceptional. Also I think he got given Ryan Christie’s shooting boots. Just hit the target, goals will come son.
HH

I am.hoping that Starfelt will benefit from this winter break. I think we underestimate the lack of practice time on the training pitch our players have due to the very high number of matches we play. Essentially from the end of July through to the start of January it is two matches per week practically every week. Adding in rest time and travelling then we only really get one day prep time before most matches, so most of the partnerships are developed during matches but this is much harder due to the huge number of changes we have had to make each game.

One player I feel sorry for is Karamoko Dembele. I think he would have slotted right into Angeball and our new manager was obviously keen on him until he was scythed down and badly crocked in the pre-season "friendly". I hope he recovers and gets his chance soon, as he could have been an important support player for us so far this season.

Last edited:
No Dreamies for a week😡

4 caps doesn’t make you experienced are you sure those are Dreamies bud they could be Rohypnol do you wake up with a sair erchie and does SB huv a sly wee grin and a dirty finger if yes you’ve been probed 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🖕🙀

HH 😂🙀😂🙀😂

A good side is measured by its bench also, strong and lots of depth to cater for injuries ,suspensions and rotation to cater and nullify according to oppositions strengths. Starting line up one of many we can play and stay strong, roll on a fully fit Celtic.
It's been good to see the introductions of young players to the first team though enforced through injuries and the lack of experienced depth like that weve seen on recent benches but its encouraging that theyve showed well Moffat and Dawson others. We arent anywhere near full strength and still playing well definitely need more personnel and more again next window for the depth in talent we want last window was a good one if we get 2 of 3 the j league players we're linked with and at least 4-5 players in this window I'll be happy with that

Members online

Back