CCV out for 3-4 months

Bellshill bhoy

CCV, is gonna be out for 3-4 months following his knee operation, thats very concerning it’s worse than we could have hoped for, still no idea what he’s getting done to his knee, this article saying it’s a tidying up operation, gonna miss preseason training, hopefully back for the start of the season, although how long it take him to get back up to speed is anyone’s guess 🤷‍♂️

CCV, is gonna be out for 3-4 months following his knee operation, thats very concerning it’s worse than we could have hoped for, still no idea what he’s getting done to his knee, this article saying it’s a tidying up operation, gonna miss preseason training, hopefully back for the start of the season, although how long it take him to get back up to speed is anyone’s guess 🤷‍♂️

That is bad news, but glad he is able to get it done a month early. I think Starfelt and Kobayashi can handle things but do we need further back up than Welsh & Lawal? We might have the option of Scales for most of August before deciding whether we keep, sell or loan him out again. Or do we need to bring in another CB?

CCV will be a massive loss - he is my player of the year and up there with van Dijk, Mjallby & Bobo as top level CBs in our recent history.

Get well soon Cameron.

League starts on 5th August so 3 months away. May make the restart or at worse miss first couple of weeks but should be back in plenty time for start of Champions League in September.
But previous experience has shown if a player misses preseason, he’s always playing catch up, even if physically fit, he not match fit or sharp, probably looking at end of September before he’s back to the player we know and love

With the technology and physiotherapy these days, even if it was his ACL, they will be on it, and get him back fo playing, in half the normal time for recovery
That, combined with his love of playing for the club, and his warrior spirit, it bodes well for us that it's taken care of and quickly
A good call from Ange and the Bhoys in regard to CCV, Greg Taylor and the rest of the walking wounded
Speedy recovery to all our injured squad, and it will give Ange the opportunity to showcase some of our fringe players, and young guys for the last 4 games of this season
HH

Last edited:
But previous experience has shown if a player misses preseason, he’s always playing catch up, even if physically fit, he not match fit or sharp, probably looking at end of September before he’s back to the player we know and love
We deal, we move on, and we win
CCV will be back, in the meantime, there will be able deputies to fill in and bring the trophies next season
HH

I based my opinion on my own experience with having torn my ACL, well, it wasn't me that tore it, but it was 35 years ago, and had what was then called 'breakthrough' technology, designed and developed, by an orthopedic surgeon
I was off work for 8 1/2 months and the physio was brutal, as I attended every day, and went hard at it in an effort to get back to work and back to playing
That was then, this is now, and with the technolgical advances we have, and the resources that the club have for this treatment, I think the big man, will be back sooner, and better than ever
I have a 'reminder' of those days
Plus, I had to wear a custom knee brace when back to work for a few months, and I had to wear it when I went back to playing
It changed my gait, and it was like running with a 10 Lb bag of spuds strapped to your leg
The 10 inch scar across my leg is another reminder
The only true, fitba playing injury, it's a badge of honour for me
Nowadays they do almost everything orthoscopically, meaning there's a couple of little scars, rather than the big zipper I have from top of my knee to shin
Sending best wishes to the big man, for a full and speedy recovery

You'll Never Limp Alone
😁

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back