Celtic’s silence and the monster conjured by Victor Frankenstein

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Celtic’s silence and the monster conjured by Victor Frankenstein...latest from Niall J. I'll merge this into the main thread on this later but reckon it deserves one of it's own for now.

"They have no way out, yet sense an opportunity to deflect from their own financial mismanagement. So hiding behind a coronavirus administration rather than a self-inflicted financial meltdown is an opportunity grasped. The scorched earth of Scottish football is acceptable collateral damage to them."

This is rather striking. Asking if anyone knows this off the top of his or her head (because I can look this up): Is there any mechanism for the SPFL/SFA to sanction, or even bar, Sevco for such behaviour? I mean, really -- are they too stupid to realize that by destroying the league, they take themselves down with it? Do they honestly think they can compete in another league, like the EPL, or even make up another SuperUltraMegaIntegrity League?

Cheers Larry. You must wonder what you let youself in for when you joined the world of Scottish football. Mayhem and madness at every turn!
Well, to be honest I am awed (and not in a good way) by the lack of integrity and journalistic principles in the Scottish football press. But by the same token, I am buoyed by the fact that there are some -- Winning Captains, you, Auldheid, Phil Mac Giolla Bain, and others -- who are working to get the truth out, to say nothing of all the folks here, and elsewhere, who see through the bullshit. My hat is off to all of you, and I am glad to be on your side . . . .

"They have no way out, yet sense an opportunity to deflect from their own financial mismanagement. So hiding behind a coronavirus administration rather than a self-inflicted financial meltdown is an opportunity grasped. The scorched earth of Scottish football is acceptable collateral damage to them."

This is rather striking. Asking if anyone knows this off the top of his or her head (because I can look this up): Is there any mechanism for the SPFL/SFA to sanction, or even bar, Sevco for such behaviour? I mean, really -- are they too stupid to realize that by destroying the league, they take themselves down with it? Do they honestly think they can compete in another league, like the EPL, or even make up another SuperUltraMegaIntegrity League?
I'm certain disrepute charges and the like can be used but it's evidencing it I assume would be the diffilculty.
UEFA rules prohibit cross border moves but with Covid 19 and how the post virus landscape may look it may be something UEFA would have to revisit. So maybe in their madness they believe it as possible.
I think they will have been very careful with the dossier, how it was worded. it is no surprise it was a couple of days late, you can only assume legal opinion was advising them 'you can't say that' so i assume it's been checked as to avoid disrepute charges. To prove the other motives of 'take everyone down with us' might be hard to prove though.

I'm certain disrepute charges and the like can be used but it's evidencing it I assume would be the diffilculty.
UEFA rules prohibit cross border moves but with Covid 19 and how the post virus landscape may look it may be something UEFA would have to revisit. So maybe in their madness they believe it as possible.
I think they will have been very careful with the dossier, how it was worded. it is no surprise it was a couple of days late, you can only assume legal opinion was advising them 'you can't say that' so i assume it's been checked as to avoid disrepute charges. To prove the other motives of 'take everyone down with us' might be hard to prove though.
Cross border is never going to happen NJ end of it's pure fantasy dreamt up by a rabble that can't handle Celtic being so far ahead.
How wants them and why? Big Rankers! 😂😂 canny beat Hamilton at home! Oooh big support goin tae away grounds...check the damage afterwards...sectarian bile being spewed out ..aye welcome in ye come🙄
Can't go a season without losing millions, in chasing the 'tic. Cross bred more like! Should phone the RSPCA. HERE WE GO TEN IN A ROW ☘☘☘

Well, to be honest I am awed (and not in a good way) by the lack of integrity and journalistic principles in the Scottish football press. But by the same token, I am buoyed by the fact that there are some -- Winning Captains, you, Auldheid, Phil Mac Giolla Bain, and others -- who are working to get the truth out, to say nothing of all the folks here, and elsewhere, who see through the bullshit. My hat is off to all of you, and I am glad to be on your side . . . .

Thanks, Niall is also doing a grand job.

What if this COVID crisis stops football for the next six months. Which teams will still be in existence? How many will be viable? Not just in Scotland. Do a thought experiment. Do not assume that the future will be like the past. What if we could start afresh in Scotland and in Europe? What would be even better than now?

Back