Celtic 1 Rosenborg 0 - Post Match comments

Bad performance, good result. We still have plenty of issues to address, but at least this bought us some time. Hope we show signs of progress @ Kilmarnock. I don't wanna say anything else at the moment tbh. The other two teams in the group are going to give us trouble if we don't get any better.

Better 2nd half, the changes improved us. Griff has to start at Kilmarnock. KT was awesome, Benkovic never put a foot wrong, Broony the usual but the play is still flat, we need those attempts at goal to start hitting the net

Dreading Killie away right now - not confident of many games atm, thought the huns game would light a fire under the team heading into the break and come back refreshed but it’s just the same stale passing and lack of creativity

We will be in deep shit if we don't lose this mentality of backwards and sideways. Mickey Johnston actually wanted to get at them and i think he helped change the game. Hail Hail Bhoys?

We played pretty well but didn't take enough of the chances we had. I dont think we are getting the best out of the players at the moment. Each player is on and off not just game to game but over the 90. Rogic for example can give u some magic but his game is inconsistent. Sometimes I watch and over a 10 minute spell the hole defence, Brown, Ntcham and Gordon have more of the ball that him. Too far from the striker but not involved in the build up until it gets to the opponents 3rd. We need more options in that role. Can Christie have an impact?

Boring, predictable & depressing 1st half. Bit better & more direct 2nd half. Griff must start on sunday. Give him a run & if he stays fit he will score 25+ goals this season. I have serious doubts that you could say same about french eddy.

Genuinely the worst performance from a dominant position that I've seen since the huns put us out the cup. The most frustrating part of it is that we have the players and know how to blow teams like that away. Looks to me like Rogers is saying I told you so, in his first season, Armstrong was that switch between defence and attack. We severely lack that now and not playing wide is mental. I'm all for developing players/sell on prospects but I think we deserve more. I've never felt so fucking robbed than that performance tonight. All down to the manager in my opinion

Every time we hit the byline we look dangerous (especially kt). The problem is we dont do it anywhere near enough. As for corners... we look like a team who never works on them in training at all. For the first time i'm having doubts about brendan & his stubbornness to play his way & no other way. Teams have it sussed now.

Thank God for that.

Benkovic is a player.

Tierney put in some quality balls today that should’ve been tap ins.

Ntcham needs dropped until he sorts his head out and on that thought - we don’t need two guys sitting.

Sinclair needs to be starting for us again.

Wee Griffiths gets us. He should play. He’ll score 30 goals a season if starting.

Edouard isn’t a lone striker. He’s a second striker or someone to play off the wing. We’ll ruin him if we continue to setup in this style.

Just back from Paradise n happy with most of the players, ntcham still look's like a one nite stand has told him she's pregnant! Sumfing not right in his head! Rosenberg are all huge guys but all can definitely play! Was happy with application of all Celts tonite even expecting 0-0 They all focused, except Ollie as explained, but no problem with workrate. Things weren't perfect or come off for the Bhoy at times but credit to Rosenberg players, they can play, no doubt! Loved Broony n KT is incredible! Benkovik showed up well but Callum chasing back to win the ball he lost got the biggest cheer from me tonite! So rare to see but i
s football 101! Side note, Had GB to my left tonite... ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! Thank Christ you do what you do so well! GB each n every one of you! Hail! Hail! ???????... ???

Created chances took one need to do better in that area. Build up too slow especially as teams want to sit in at Paradise and hit on the break

Just back from Paradise n happy with most of the players, ntcham still look's like a one nite stand has told him she's pregnant! Sumfing not right in his head! Rosenberg are all hugthee guys but all can definitely play! Was happy with application of all Celts tonite even expecting 0-0 They all focused, except Ollie as explained, but no problem with workrate. Things weren't perfect or come off for the Bhoy at times but credit to Rosenberg players, they can play, no doubt! Loved Broony n KT is incredible! Benkovik showed up well but Callum chasing back to win the ball he lost got the biggest cheer from me tonite! So rare to see but i
s football 101! Side note, Had GB to my left tonite... ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! Thank Christ you do what you do so well! GB each n every one of you! Hail! Hail! ???????... ???

Looks like the players are not having any fun. This stilted sideways passing is too restrictive and looks like anti-entertainment. We score a goal from the only forward pass from Broonie this season.

Dreading Killie away right now - not confident of many games atm, thought the huns game would light a fire under the team heading into the break and come back refreshed but it’s just the same stale passing and lack of creativity

Always dread Killie away ... that pitch is a fucking disgrace.

Delighted with the result but that's about it.

I never want Sinclair to pull on a hooped shirt again. He's such a weed! No balls, no passion and looks like he's about to break down in tears.

Edourde went AWOL. Rogic has not played a decent game since signing his new contract. NCham - Jesus wept! McGregor; what is wrong with the wee man? He was always reliable for putting in 100%, he's lost all composure. Lustig, love the big man, but he shouldn't have played most of last season never mind this one. Pace died long ago.

Broony, KT, Griff and Benkovic gave all. I like the him at CB.

Long season ahead!

I'd like to see Christie just behind Griff and see if that helps. Love Mickey Johnston too with his more direct approach.

Back