Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell to stand down at end of season

I bear no animosity whatsoever toward Peter Lawwell. In fact, I wish the bloke well. He's made the right decision for both himself and the club as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps it's a truism that a man can become stale or complacent after holding such a position for as long as he has . I wouldn't know if that's true. Like the majority, I feel some of his decisions in recent years have cost the club, both in the calibre player signed, and failure in Europe. So therein lies my reason for saying I'm happy he's going. I would respectfully dispute the notion that he has been a total failure though.
I Frank he is only a half a failure,but what a half to fail,lost millions in europe but done great in Scotland until a bent new club who still won,t pay tax stopped the ten but at least big Peter won,t have cold feet getting into his big car in the winter👍🐶😇

I bear no animosity whatsoever toward Peter Lawwell. In fact, I wish the bloke well. He's made the right decision for both himself and the club as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps it's a truism that a man can become stale or complacent after holding such a position for as long as he has . I wouldn't know if that's true. Like the majority, I feel some of his decisions in recent years have cost the club, both in the calibre player signed, and failure in Europe. So therein lies my reason for saying I'm happy he's going. I would respectfully dispute the notion that he has been a total failure though.
I have to agree Frank. I think Peter Lawwell will bring out a book, only then will we realise what a task he took on, and succeeded. I hope he pulls no punches if or when he releases it. We are not really privvy to what PL knows.

Lawwell done well over the years,but imagine what we could have done if we went another £500,000 for several players. Plus he has made a lot of mistakes getting the squad ready for this season. This season of all seasons.😡
This is not the season of all seasons, 10 is merely a target that an old club that was rivals to us attempted to reach and failed in their attempt to beat our 9 in a row and a number we had a shot of achieving this year. They, the club of old equalled the 9 achieved by the late, Jock Stein and since modern times, the millenium years, 2012 to be exact that club died, the club who equalled the nine and failed at the ten, since discovered cheated also to achieve the things that we achieved.
Since the death we have advanced and went on to achieve another 9 in a row and witnessed during our runs a new club been formed to emulate that old dead club, and witnessed totheir shame the atempt to claim the records of the old, this aint happening and we aint competing with them for records held. Every media outlet reported the death and every media outlet has on reflection saw that the death threatened their existence as they needed an audience to write to they have recanted their story to live a lie for a wage, depite the highest court in the lands law on companies and liquidations recording the event companies house registering the death as required.

This season might possibly see the new club win its first title in the top division, that they can add to their lower division 3 titles and Petrofac cup, that is their sole achievement to date.
This has been the new golden years for Celtic fans of young and old , this season aside has been an indifferent one, we have been Title champions for the last nine years and in that time four of those titles in a row brought with them a clean sweep of the domestics, a quadruple treble and one an invincible never likely to be equalled or emulated again, by us or anyone else maybe worldwide. (9 in a row champions and a quadruple treble including one invincible treble).

This season is still in play and to date their has been no tophies dished out, for season 2020/2021. Celtic will not compete the final of the Betfred League cup as also will the tribute new club not compete as both were knocked out.

The title looks more than likely to go to this tribute act, but their is a pandemic in place and anything is possible and no gaurantees disruption may bring an end to football as we know it for the forseeable, their is also still a Scottish Cup third round to be played but this is now dependant on smaller clubs been allowed to resume football as they are on hold due to the inabiltity to maximise tests required to prevent the effects of the pandemic due to costs inviolved in the prevention and spreading of Covid19.

This simply has been a season of all seasons for it has been nothing but fraught with uncertainty and has not looked favourable on us, with the much adored worldwide Celtic fans and their abilty to generate an unique atmosphere, this our 12th man has been missing, and a fact that some players heve noticed has taken away the adrenlian buzz this provided to them in battle.

To date no prizes have been awarded. To date Celtic have announced boardroom changes in the summer, to date there is still no sign of the pandemic coming to an end, this season may prove a breeze compared to what next season brings regards the impact financially of the Covid effect on all clubs, I believe Celtic will be preparing for that show, I do not believe the tribute act can put off their debts and court battles much longer, this title may simply be borrowed on others money and with a non complaint SFA regards FFP, this title may be the seal that entombed the old club, the risk is pawning the family silverware and not been able to redeem the ticket at a later date and forieiting the goods in hawk.

Last edited:
I don’t think he has ‘achieved’ anything except building up the bank balance. Did he bring in MON, BR? Authorize Sutton, BBJ, OE, etc off his own bat? I think not. Unless proven otherwise I will assume he simply followed DD’s orders. I don’t think he achieved anything any other half competent CEO could not have.
No , cant prove anything but as CEO he has to have been involved more than slightly in all of the above. If we are saying that hes the CEO and de-facto DOF (cant prove the latter but it's the general consensus of the vast majority) , hes been the first to introduce the rail seating in the UK , delivered huge deals with Adidas, New Balance . I think that even if hes following DDs instructions hes still got to negotiate the deal. No one knows why he ended up as defacto DOF, was it DDs idea? I just hope this new guy brings his background in marketing and communications to the forefront and engages with the support in a much better way than before. We may not need to know everything about the day to day workings inside of the club but it would be helpful and make us all feel more inclusive if we ask the question and get the answer. I also hope that this might signal the start of the club tapping into the massive cyber support we have out there as well , reported 6 million plus worldwide supporters many of whom will have never seen a Celtic match in the flesh, exciting times ahead.☘

In fairness to the guy, Scottish Rugby was in a mess for a number of years financially and operationally, seems he must have played a pivotal role in getting it back on its feet. Must have a bit about him which is pleasing
The rugby has been something that you can see has improved in the past few years if not for the Scottish national side definitely for Glasgow and Edinburgh at club levels

The rugby has been something that you can see has improved in the past few years if not for the Scottish national side definitely for Glasgow and Edinburgh at club levels
Like Celtic or our own national team they are up against the weight of population or money. But the national rugby team do get results that are beyond them. That comeback against that mob a few years ago was 👏
I worked in Carlisle at the time and watched that in a pub with some English workies. Took pelters till half time. He who laughs last ....

Like Celtic or our own national team they are up against the weight of population or money. But the national rugby team do get results that are beyond them. That comeback against that mob a few years ago was 👏
I worked in Carlisle at the time and watched that in a pub with some English workies. Took pelters till half time. He who laughs last ....
Its been good to see Scotland getting results away to wales and beating the angerlish of late instead of the usual wooden spoon competition with Italy

It’s now
Its been good to see Scotland getting results away to wales and beating the angerlish of late instead of the usual wooden spoon competition with Italy
I’m not a follower of rugby
It still confuses me
But it scotland were to put a team in the world snotter flicking championships I’d watch

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back