Celtic Noise Update - What's New and other technical issues

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
I have as promised gone back to the technical team and asked them to either create another What's New button for blogs so that the existing one is used only for the forums or alternatively to remove the blogs from the What's new function altogether. We might end up doing the latter before installing the former - either way that will solve the issue....

Reply received as I type saying...

"I'll come back to you on this properly later. Have disabled posts aggregation from other sites for now, which should hopefully do for the time being."

So that should hopefully sort the controversy on the What's new issue for now.

On the devices not showing back pages this is also being looked at. If there are any other issues please let me know and I'll do my best to resolve.

Thanks David. We appreciate your efforts in getting this resolved. It has been a frustrating few weeks for many folks - especially yourself.

I've no doubt there may be a snag or two that still needs sorted after all this but hopefully we'll return to where we were but with more regulars joining our community.

I have as promised gone back to the technical team and asked them to either create another What's New button for blogs so that the existing one is used only for the forums or alternatively to remove the blogs from the What's new function altogether. We might end up doing the latter before installing the former - either way that will solve the issue....

"I'll come back to you on this properly later. Have disabled posts aggregation from other sites for now, which should hopefully do for the time being."

On the devices not showing back pages this is also being looked at. If there are any other issues please let me know and I'll do my best to resolve.
Cheers David.

Cheers for the update, though to be honest I've not had any problems with the site, I should be able to navigate my way around it by now any way.
One thing I noticed last night , a first on the noise , I was typing a post out and an advert came slowly up from bottom of the screen which I had to dismiss twice.
I've no problem with there being ads , I think for what you're providing you deserve credit(s), would prefer it if it didn't interfere with what I'm typing or reading though.
Perhaps it was a one off idk

Thanks WC. It looks like we have returned to where we used to be. Now hopefully some regulars will also return to where they should be and we get newbies contributing as well.

So if you are a lurking Tim who reads but doesn't post, then please join in and tell us your opinions on Celtic, VAR, football in general, the "flatness" of the globe, etc.

Yea its good to see normal
service has been resumed, and the page that opens up when I come on to the Noise isn't full of stories from other blogs...

I can only hope that the bhoys n Ghirls we lost will perhaps grace us with their words of wisdom once more.

Thks again David..
Only one person has asked to have had his account deleted and after a week or so to reflect he confirmed that was still his wish, so I deleted as requested. No-one else has had their account deleted and no-one asked over the weekend.

The blog posts were never meant to interfere with the forums and only did so via the What's New function. That happened on a weekend when Celtic were back so there were more posts on the sites due to the game at Tynecastle. Had this happened for instance today and folk complained this evening I could have sorted it tomorrow morning by 10am.

I have pinned both predictors close to the top, which I typical as this is the first season when I'm not doing very well!

Only one person has asked to have had his account deleted and after a week or so to reflect he confirmed that was still his wish, so I deleted as requested. No-one else has had their account deleted and no-one asked over the weekend.

The blog posts were never meant to interfere with the forums and only did so via the What's New function. That happened on a weekend when Celtic were back so there were more posts on the sites due to the game at Tynecastle. Had this happened for instance today and folk complained this evening I could have sorted it tomorrow morning by 10am.

I have pinned both predictors close to the top, which I typical as this is the first season when I'm not doing very well!
I wasn't aware you could request to have an account deleted.
So on that note, could you please get rid of jamsam, tictastic, imatim, 50shades and lubo.
That's just off the top of my head. I'll get back to ye later with an updated list.
Thanks

Great news WC, don't have a problem with the blogs, just I get them sent via WhatsApp by my 3 Adult Children, then my 4 grandweans, then come on here & it's aw ffs no again😂😂

HH☘️

Members online

Latest posts

Back