Celtic players you played against

It's a shame, TGS and as a country we just don't produce that type of talent all that often.

You could have made a decent Premier League side with all the boys that just fell by the wayside or took the wrong path.

I knew my limitations, once you step up a grade you get found wanting. Some of these boys though, once they break away from their mentors (like the guys at Vale) and go senior, then they get the love coached oot them and it all becomes a chore.

Getting nostalgiac now and great memories TGS. I was lucky enough to play in the right teams at the right times and it was a joy to watch how these lads played the game.

HH my friend, btw......my second wife came from Gordon Street in Leith. Think there's a bingo hall there.......she lived across from it

See because you were a goalkeeper SP, did you know a dude called Dawson Fairley. He was going to sign SForm wi Celtic having played there for years but decided he wanted a stable career wage etc

Yeah granty was some boy my mates went to school with him he used to play keepie up with empty cans of Coca Cola apparently he do it for half n hour or so?
Gerry Creaney is a taxi driver in the brig now, he's not liked very much bit of an arse tbh.. Ambies was the better school tho ?

Yeah granty was some boy my mates went to school with him he used to play keepie up with empty cans of Coca Cola apparently he do it for half n hour or so?
Gerry Creaney is a taxi driver in the brig now, he's not liked very much bit of an arse tbh.. Ambies was the better school tho ?

Yeah? St Patricks had the best lookin ghirls and the best grades. Methinks your confused ?

See because you were a goalkeeper SP, did you know a dude called Dawson Fairley. He was going to sign SForm wi Celtic having played there for years but decided he wanted a stable career wage etc
Naw, there was a grand big fella at Celtic that I knew, Big Michael McGinn.

He was about 6'4" at 15 but a right good bhoy.

Don't know Dawson, Maria, but I went south in 86 so he may have come up the inside track

Naw, there was a grand big fella at Celtic that I knew, Big Michael McGinn.

He was about 6'4" at 15 but a right good bhoy.

Don't know Dawson, Maria, but I went south in 86 so he may have come up the inside track

He was year before you possibly. His physio was that brian scott?

I took a penalty against Peter Latchford once - does that count?

I was a kid, I can’t even remember if I scored or why I was there - it was some mad thing in a park that had tossing the caber and loads of stalls.

I do know the goals where small and Peter was large.

Scored a penalty into big Packies son when he played for Queens Park.Remember ma da nippin Bonners ear at the side of the park ?Remember thinking how big he looked compared to my old man .Always remember the day because princess Diana died that mornin 1997.

Scored a penalty into big Packies son when he played for Queens Park.Remember ma da nippin Bonners ear at the side of the park ?Remember thinking how big he looked compared to my old man .Always remember the day because princess Diana died that mornin 1997.
I mind that day......I was on the way through because we were due to play them. We got to Cumbernauld and heard that the game was off.

That was the game that Stubbsy scored in the last minute when it was re-scheduled.

I mind that day......I was on the way through because we were due to play them. We got to Cumbernauld and heard that the game was off.

That was the game that Stubbsy scored in the last minute when it was re-scheduled.
Aye mate think a lot of games got called off remember it being a weird atmosphere that day down at st james paisley

Aye mate think a lot of games got called off remember it being a weird atmosphere that day down at st james paisley
It was the hysteria after it and the outpouring of grief.

Speak about an over-reaction!

There's Al-Fayad blaming chuckie and the moronachy, when it was likely your pen that caused the driver to take his hands of the wheel in celebration that caused the crash.

Should have had Dan the Man driving the motor

It was the hysteria after it and the outpouring of grief.

Speak about an over-reaction!

There's Al-Fayad blaming chuckie and the moronachy, when it was likely your pen that caused the driver to take his hands of the wheel in celebration that caused the crash.

Should have had Dan the Man driving the motor
? ?

Old as I am long time ago played in same school team as Celtc captain Andy. Lynch at OurLady of Lourdes in Cardonald between 1964/65 plus another Celtic man Tommy Graig assistant to big Billy and Davy Hay, Tommy was the first £100.000 player to leave Scottish football from Aberdeen to Newcastle United Great player he was as well.

Had a kick about with Mike Jackson at Cathkin park mid 80's. My pal was going out with one of his daughters and he had invited Mr Jackson up there to "give us some tips" unbeknown to the rest of us! Don't know who was most embarrassed to be honest.
Also used to play on the street as kids with Paul McGrillen (m'well) and another kid who's name escapes me who went on to sign for Celtic and actually played a couple of first team games in the early 90's.
One of my PE teachers at Holyrood in Glasgow, supplemented his wages by turning out for Kilmarnock at the weekend, Jim Burke. Also another kid in my year signed for Celtic but I don't think he broke through, think his name was David Elliott though I could be wrong. In fact there were a couple of players on the books of Aberdeen while still at school but I can't remember the names unfortunately.
I used to work with David Elliott
He played Junior Football Not sure if he ever went Senior

HH?

Back