Celtic Speed Towards A Future Without Brown

Proficient / EF SET score 71 - 100. English level C2is the sixth and final level of English in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), a definition of different language levels written by the Council of Europe. ... A well-educated native Englishspeaker is technically at a C2 level.
There you go darlin,jst googled it fur ye

Proficient / EF SET score 71 - 100. English level C2is the sixth and final level of English in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), a definition of different language levels written by the Council of Europe. ... A well-educated native Englishspeaker is technically at a C2 level.
There you go darlin,jst googled it fur ye

Love you big cheese.

Would a non native be known to use a saying like sit tight?

In your humble opinion

are you sure about what you say a well-educated native English speaker is technically at a C2 level.

Technically, yes. But I wouldn't say I'm as proficient as a native speaker, and I probably would never be even if I lived in an English-speaking country.

Also, my formal English can fool people, but if you had small talk with me you'd immediately realise I'm not a native speaker. Two very different things.

Love you big cheese.

Would a non native be known to use a saying like sit tight?

In your humble opinion

Ok, now I clearly see you're taking the piss.

(see, taking the piss? another one!)

Most people can grasp english even with a lovely accent.

Its written english that foreigners struggle with due to past and present tense.

Now how are you profficient in our sayings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Havent the foggiest michael.

Would you expect someone from a far off land that wasnt native to the uk to say, know and understand the context to place the saying.

Sit tight in?

Technically, yes. But I wouldn't say I'm as proficient as a native speaker, and I probably would never be even if I lived in an English-speaking country.

Also, my formal English can fool people, but if you had small talk with me you'd immediately realise I'm not a native speaker. Two very different things.

Ok, now I clearly see you're taking the piss.

(see, taking the piss? another one!)

Thats a well known saying. Slang in fact. But sit tight is not dear.

So fess up

Most people can grasp english even with a lovely accent.

Its written english that foreigners struggle with due to past and present tense.

Now how are you profficient in our sayings.

This is simply not true. How many misconceptions about non-native speakers can you spout in a row? Are you going for 10IAR too?

I've had English lessons at school since I was seven. English verb tenses are extremely easy compared to my native languages (if you only saw a Basque auxiliary verb list, you'd shudder). Accent, though, is typically hard for foreign speakers of any language, especially the sounds of English they don't have in their native language. Examples for Basque or Spanish speakers would be the J sound (we would pronounce a Y sound) or the short I (they would have to learn the difference between sheep and ship).

I have worked with bi-linguals for years.

Whilst a few have passable written english skills.

Yours are in line with a native who has studied english at oxford.

My ceo has but he is not native and not all sayings he is aware of either despite living hear for 4 decades.

I am going for 10iar. Not surprised your not.

I do NOT BELIEVE YOU.

Now whether a sevvie or a media hack i do not know but your defo one and i reckon its the latter.

Everyone else is free to make their own minds up.

I am aware of jana as in yana. Thank you.

I am also aware that catalonians sre more th than c

Back