Celtic Statement

So sorry but relieved that the situation has finally been brought to end. My thanks to NL for all the good memories that you created my sadness at the way that it has been allowed to sink to such a low level when it was obviously the only solution for the last few months.
As for John Kennedy there are none of us really aware of what he is capable of bringing to the table so it will be interesting to see how that develops.
He is the grandson of a true Celtic legend (Jimmy Delaney) so he is steeped in the history of the club hopefully it will all settle down and we can start to enjoy watching the team once again. HH

So sorry but relieved that the situation has finally been brought to end. My thanks to NL for all the good memories that you created my sadness at the way that it has been allowed to sink to such a low level when it was obviously the only solution for the last few months.
As for John Kennedy there are none of us really aware of what he is capable of bringing to the table so it will be interesting to see how that develops.
He is the grandson of a true Celtic legend (Jimmy Delaney) so he is steeped in the history of the club hopefully it will all settle down and we can start to enjoy watching the team once again. HH

Exactly mate..I've never understood the hatred for him...last 3 managers have seen something in him...how does any budding message board / social media pundit know what's his strengths are?
Personally I don't think he will be full time manager ( dream team or benitez) but for sure he will be involved

no celebrations for me , just sadness , that it has come to this NFL is and always will be a Celtic legend , 21 trophies in his Celtic career , first man to win treble as player and as manager

Shame he will only be remembered as the man who lost the 10
"Shame he will only be remembered as the man who lost the 10 "
Only if we fail to look to what he achieved and only if we fail to overlook the fact that we have witnessed success and failure in his tenure and prefer to look back on the failure. Let bygones be bygones, the guy is a fan who had the opportunityto play for and manage the club he and us love, his success outweighs any failures and for that we are indebted to him when history will show what we have achieved in our existence and his part in the history.

Nothing personal but the failures do not lie at the door of one man who has gone, JK is too big a risk, many a true legend never cut it at mangaement, We need the change we shouted for, so it has to be total change, new era, new man, new CEO, new DOF and for the man in charge background staff of his choosen, If he keeps JK fine but no blindspots and emotion, thanks JK and good luck on your future, but not as Celtic manager for me personally.
Don't want a Maloney setup
Dont want a Kennedy setup
Steve Clarke tradtional in your face hard working honest grafter, you dont train you don't play, a team who know the manager is not their pal is the best team to have, you graft your in, fuck about your out, you don't go drinking withthe manager or approach him unless you have a reason to do so,

And there you have it. Worst fears realised. No forward planning by our board whatsoever. No search for a new manager. John fucking Kennedy takes charge. His interview begins. Never thought I'd see see the day that I'd hope we lose all our remaining games.
โ€œI have watched Neil fight many battles over many years, on and off the field, with a courage and tenacity few could match"
- Peter Lawell
Pity you rarely if ever backed him up except to apologise , lennon shouldnt have had to fight so many battles off the field while you sat behind a steel curtain at parkhead, do us a favour and leave with lenny seeing as you're the real reason for this shambles

Iโ€™m just pleased the Lennon pantomime is over. I didnโ€™t want him as Rogers replacement, but supported him once appointed.
I will be critical and donโ€™t wish him ill for his future but this season is at his door. Nobody got sold they brought in 6 new players in the summer and he blew it. No smiley chat, its on him.
But as ever as a supporter we move on looking back at a glorious last twenty years.
moving on it is incumbent on the Board to make an imaginative and forward thinking appointment and guess that John Kennedy really wonโ€™t cut it.
personally I would like to see wee Maloney given the gig with Henrik number 2.
This is a rebuild letโ€™s have youth and enthusiasm at the top.
HH

Well. Well. Well. What a start to the day. Choked on my Ricicles this morning when I heard the news that Lennon has indeed gone. Not happy with JK as interim but is always the case when a manager goes the assistant gets the job. Now if he wins all remaining games then it has been all Lennons fault as Lennon lost the dressing room. But if he loses more than wins then the problem will have been the coaching staff. Time will soon tell us. Now back to my Ricicles. ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€
do you still get a toy in them ric icles
asking for a friend ๐Ÿ™„

โ€œBottom line is that is Celtic have regressed this season under Neil. Badly,โ€ Chris Suttonโ€™s verdict...​

Seasons over Chris put your pen away

โ€œBottom line is that is Celtic have regressed this season under Neil. Badly,โ€ Chris Suttonโ€™s verdict...​

It was almost like heโ€™d come back with orders not to be himself. And not to have his own people,โ€ - Sutton
Right from the get go everyone could see that this was not the same Lennon especially at ibrox the 2nil defeat he stood arms crossed almost as though hed just been told he was manager in name only.

Exactly mate..I've never understood the hatred for him...last 3 managers have seen something in him...how does any budding message board / social media pundit know what's his strengths are?
Personally I don't think he will be full time manager ( dream team or benitez) but for sure he will be involved
I'd say the negative sentiment regarding Kennedy is down to him looking like he really doesn't give a fuck. Looking at him its hard to tell if we're 3 up or 3 down, same disinterested demeanour.
If he now suddenly looks interested and starts trying to fire the players up from the touchline, firstly I'd be pleased to see us play better, but secondly I'd be left questioning whether he gave Lennon his all, and I have my doubts about that already.

I'd say the negative sentiment regarding Kennedy is down to him looking like he really doesn't give a fuck. Looking at him its hard to tell if we're 3 up or 3 down, same disinterested demeanour.
If he now suddenly looks interested and starts trying to fire the players up from the touchline, firstly I'd be pleased to see us play better, but secondly I'd be left questioning whether he gave Lennon his all, and I have my doubts about that already.

Can't base "facts" on how someone looks to be fair...

I hope itโ€™s the start of the clear out.
No Kennedy- just because he is Jimmy Delaneyโ€™s grandson, doesnโ€™t give him a privilege about getting a job at Celtic.
Strachan- out. And his iPad
Hammond- out. ยฃ10m on a goalkeeper that canโ€™t save, and, a striker that canโ€™t keep fit, but heโ€™s not the only one.
Director of football- In.
New manager- brings in his own staff. None of the boards yes men kept in place.

Members online

Latest posts

Back