Celtic Statement

Lubos left peg

And there you have it. Worst fears realised. No forward planning by our board whatsoever. No search for a new manager. John fucking Kennedy takes charge. His interview begins. Never thought I'd see see the day that I'd hope we lose all our remaining games.

Not before time, should have went months ago, was hopelessly out his depth, not happy that next to useless Kennedy hasn’t followed him out the door, it’s a damming indictment on our ceo that there wasn’t another manager sourced and ready to step into the post, lawwells decision making was been atrocious for the last 5 years......goodbye and good riddance to the men that lost the 10 😡🍀

And there you have it. Worst fears realised. No forward planning by our board whatsoever. No search for a new manager. John fucking Kennedy takes charge. His interview begins. Never thought I'd see see the day that I'd hope we lose all our remaining games.
I thought your worst fear was Lenny staying or Elfs?

Hopefully the statement is true and Kennedy is only there on an interim basis, even if he gets some better results this season I dont see him as the man to take us forward.

All the best Neil. HH

You'll get over it and it's no big deal not to have someone in just now, let the new chairman get to make decisions, anyone in just now would be a knee jerk reaction and would undermine the new CEO's position. The next manager will have to want the job and will have to sell himself if he applies for it.
Aberdeen at weekend pump them and show we have begun the build, it starts here, weed out the weaklings and go forward with an new brand. Disapointment does not last forever, savour the fact that a nine in a row was achieved twice in a lifetime of a lot of Celtic fans. In the minds of all on here a precedent imprinted never seen before quadruple treble and never to be seen again was witnessed, a Celtic side do an Invincible season and a 38 winning cup run all withing the quadruple some feat, so lets not mope, the season is gone, there probably won't be a resume of the Scottish cup until next season same as this one, therefore time to get prepared and set the wheels in motion and focus on getting Julien and others fit and new guys bedded in. Whats not to like, every cloud they say has a silver lining, if the ten had been won it may have simply papered over the cracks and that could have led to a decline going forward, the ten begins again, it is only a number no different from 11 12 13. etc and remember that this century we witnessed the death of Rangers Football Club, who would have thought die die die die ya hun would have become true. the jungle would have been in raptures at that HH

celtic park.jpg

Last edited:
I thought your worst fear was Lenny staying or Elfs?

Hopefully the statement is true and Kennedy is only there on an interim basis, even if he gets some better results this season I dont see him as the man to take us forward.

All the best Neil. HH
totally agree, don't see Kennedy getting the gig, suspect it's an interim appointment. Thanks for your help Neil and all the best for your future. You're still a legend to me.

Wouldn't mind Steve Clarke!!

Statement confirms that board took no action. They were content for the farce to continue. It also confirms, unsurprisingly, that they don't care what the fans think - the Kennedy interim appointment is another slap in the face.

We should not let up until Desmond, Bankier and every other board member is gone and their legacy recorded as one of self-serving failure.

Kennedy is now the Celtic manager and thus will get my 100% approval. I barely know the man and know nothing of his abilities and ideas. He is NOT Neil Lennon. The next eight game are a large part of his job interview if he is to continue. Other managers will put out feelers. There will always be someone in the dugout but stop bagging John Kennedy until you see what happens. He deserves our support and loyalty. We have a game against Aberdeen at the weekend and I for one will cheer on the entire team in the dugout and on the field. That's because I support Celtic.

Last edited:
Kennedy is now the Celtic manager and thus will get my 100% approval. I barely know the man and know nothing of his abilities and ideas. He is NOT Neil Lennon. The next eight game are a large part of his job interview if he is to continue. Other managers will put out feelers. There will always be someone in the dugout but stop bagging John Kennedy until you see what happens. He deserves our support and loyalty. We have a game against Aberdeen at the weekend and I for one will cheer on the entire team in the dugout and on the field. That's because I support Celtic.
As you say decima guy you barely know the guy we will leave it at that🤬🤬🤬🤬

The start of the upheaval. Manager gone, CEO on the way oot, players leaving. We are basically starting a "root and branch" clear out and it's difficult to see what the end results will be.
First, and most importantly, a managerial appointment that galvanises both fans and players.

Well. Well. Well. What a start to the day. Choked on my Ricicles this morning when I heard the news that Lennon has indeed gone. Not happy with JK as interim but is always the case when a manager goes the assistant gets the job. Now if he wins all remaining games then it has been all Lennons fault as Lennon lost the dressing room. But if he loses more than wins then the problem will have been the coaching staff. Time will soon tell us. Now back to my Ricicles. 🍀🍀

On one hand I’m sorry to see Lenny go, mainly in the way it has turned out. He should never have got the job permanently in the first place - he was always the cheap and controllable option. I will always hold him in high regard - the shit he has gone through and the “victim blaming” that has gone along with that - he has faced up to that and never taken a backward step and I will always admire him for that. That said, this season he hasn’t seemed to be like that so something has been affecting him whether it’s personal issues or just the weight of the job crushing him.
He should have gone months ago after the Ferencvaros and Sparta debacles. He obviously lost the dressing room at some point around then and that’s obvious from the lack of urgency on the pitch. Yes the players have to look at themselves but ultimately, he picked the teams, he set the tactics and the system - if it doesn’t work then as manager, he carries the can. That’s the way it is.
I will be interested to see what Kennedy does in terms of team selection and tactics as to whether there is any noticeable changes. I’m willing to take the announcement at face value that he is interim till the new CEO comes in and starts to put a new structure in place. I would expect he will be involved - albeit at a distance - in the search for a new manager. There better not be any hint of stuff coming out that Kennedy is in consideration for the permanent role, no matter whether any improvement in results and performances till the end of the season.

So Lenny is gone....good luck in the future...the abuse you received from a large portion of your fans borders on hun like.. hopefully now you can get your mental health in a good place

As for the next manager? Kennedy is a good "interim" choice till the end of the season...it is difficult for any new manager to come in at this time during the pandemic due to travel restrictions etc. There's a reason why the European sack race has been at its lowest for decades

As for the next permanent management team?

It's going to be Maloney, Brown and WGS upstairs running the show 100%

So Lenny is gone....good luck in the future...the abuse you received from a large portion of your fans borders on hun like.. hopefully now you can get your mental health in a good place

As for the next manager? Kennedy is a good "interim" choice till the end of the season...it is difficult for any new manager to come in at this time during the pandemic due to travel restrictions etc. There's a reason why the European sack race has been at its lowest for decades

As for the next permanent management team?

It's going to be Maloney, Brown and WGS upstairs running the show 100%
Bit early tae be oan the Portuguese Buckie mate 😂😂

Members online

Latest posts

Back