Celtic, the very real challenge for second and the danger of History repeating itself

Serious Q here.....If we had been playing like we did back end of last season.......would we be at the top......In other words......Have we given it to them on a plate OR have they have played well and deserve it
There are making the best of their available talent. Of course they have got an astonishingly high number of penalties in their favour, and have somehow (I know, I know) managed to avoid conceding any penalties and some definite straight red cards for thuggery. But if we had played as well as we should have then it would have been exciting and close. I think they would have lost their bottle, but our mostly self-inflicted woes make this a sadly redundant question.

Last edited:
sadly not everyone
Yes everyone including the tory party and BBC

Chris McLaughlin
@BBCchrismclaug

Scottish Conservatives calling for a full public enquiry into wrongful malicious and spiteful arrests relating to the fuck up sale (they never exited a from a CVA, they were liquidated and there was a sale of assetts ) of #Rangers in 2011. Two administrators have settled for £20 million. Others seeking even more.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Noise M7- Where do you see Jamesy fitting in if we play
Welcome to the Noise M7- Where do you see Jamesy fitting in if we play the diamond?
It's a certainty for me that Lennie will make the formation change to accommodate Jamesy as he sees him as his personal successful development success. All be it we know that it was the superior coaching of Brendan that showed him the real Forrest from the trees. The 4 tonight at the back looked better than at most times this season and we know Turnbull is a must so the diamond would probably have to change to the 4 2 3 1 ...3 5 2 is also an option but please no Duffy. Christie not doing it for me and doesn't have our heart or pain ...Jamesy has had his critics over the years but his contribution to the 9 (which should have been the 10 ) is there for all to see and certainly more so as his experience grew over the years. So probably Jamesy doesn't fit into the diamond on current set up ..but we know his value in assists and more recent seasons important goals. ..I think he will be very important to secure us the 2nd place champion league slot and a must to give us a chance of a season win against the world beaters in March which is much needed for the Celtic family in what has been painful for us all in this much anticipated campaign.
Welcome to the Noise M7- Where do you see Jamesy fitting in if we play the diamond?

It's a certainty for me that Lennie will make the formation change to accommodate Jamesy as he sees him as his personal successful development success. All be it we know that it was the superior coaching of Brendan that showed him the real Forrest from the trees. The 4 tonight at the back looked better than at most times this season and we know Turnbull is a must so the diamond would probably have to change to the 4 2 3 1 ...3 5 2 is also an option but please no Duffy. Christie not doing it for me and doesn't have our heart or pain ...Jamesy has had his critics over the years but his contribution to the 9 (which should have been the 10 ) is there for all to see and certainly more so as his experience grew over the years. So probably Jamesy doesn't fit into the diamond on current set up ..but we know his value in assists and more recent seasons important goals. ..I think he will be very important to secure us the 2nd place champion league slot and a must to give us a chance of a season win against the world beaters in March which is much needed for the Celtic family in what has been painful for us all in this much anticipated campaign.

You'll do me. Welcome M7 🍀 "Forrest from the trees" (y)

Once Jamsie is fit again and a few weeks l8r when Lenny decides to play him🙄 I would have us with a starting formation of a 442 and morphing into a 424 when attacking, not having a winger these last few months has had a major impact on our attacking abilities this season.

With the arrival of Kenny hopefully the back 4 get settled, still looked dodgy at times last night, but stick with them imo and they will start to compliment each other.

Broonie or Soro along with Turnbull in the Cm position with Jamsie on the right and a couple of choices on the left, as he is left footed perhaps Calmac and we also have Mikey, Ryan and Eli to fit in there.

Upfront looks as though Eddie and the Yeti have the available slots but I wouldn't rule out Paddy either.

Now most of us who have watched this season reckon Neil hasn't got the hang of this 5 subs thing and infact usually waits too long to change when things aint working, IF and it's a big bloody IF he is staying, a lot more thought has to go into the making of the Subs, baring injury subs, they should for the most part be game changing decisions, we are lacking badly in this aspect of game management imo.

But and I cant stress this enough, in domestic football we should be starting with 2 strikers and at least one winger each and every time, home and away. Let them worry about us, attack teams, we have lost games this season without having a shot on target and for me thats not Celtic and is unforgivable.

Rant over.

H.H

Good article Niall, cheers, hopefully we get some consistency going and secure second, I can still remember us finishing 3rd that first time, but for so many reasons both football and financial it would be a disaster, although without the expected overhaul of staff and players champions league football next season is but a pipe dream, and even if we were to make the groups that dream would quickly become a nightmare.

H.H

I think we have found good defensive line-up that we should stick with for a run of games to let them gel and hopefully iron out a few of the twitchy moments they still suffered. Our next game is at home against an off-form Motherwell and I personally think CalMac needs a rest for a game or two, so I have a radical suggestion for this game and maybe try playing Ajeti (penalty box poacher) alongside the hard working physical Klimala with French Eddy operating behind them in a sort of number 10 role. I'd then play Turnbull, Soro and Brown as the midfield three.

It does make us quite narrow so the width needs to come from the full backs (but we have Brown and Soro who can drop back to help if they do bomb forward) and we may get over-run in midfield if Motherwell swamp it, but I'm not sure that will be too much of a problem as I fully expect them to sit deep in their own half and try to hit us on the break so our added pace in defence will help us here. I think this gives us added firepower in a game which we could well spend 90 minutes trying to break down a stubborn defence. I know it will never happen and you may be able to find more flaws than good points in this formation:

Bain
Kenny Welsh Ajer Taylor
Turnbull Brown Soro
Eduoard
Ajeti Klimala​

Good points, well made, Niall.
As this disastrous season develops the history books will remind our grandkids that Lenny didn't know what the league looked like, didn't know who is best eleven was and didn't know why they were crap. He knows nothing and the fans will forever be reminded of that.
Sadly this is just another line of drivel from Neil...he knows exactly what the table looks like.
Oh and if he didn’t that in itself would be a sackable offense to me. I don’t know many positions where sleeping on the job or outright negligence are tolerated.

"I don’t know many positions where sleeping on the job or outright negligence are tolerated."

I do

"THE Lord Advocate of Scotland, James Wolffe QC, admitted in court this morning that two administrators of the liquidated Rangers FC had been the victims of malicious prosecution by the Crown."

and

"Ex-Rangers chief executive Charles Green is also suing Police Scotland for wrongful arrest after charges against him were dropped."

Then another

the one who got away

"Murray has been accused of being the main culprit in Rangers financial woes."

I think given what we have witnessed this season that the points made about potentially not finishing second are absolutely valid. Nothing should surprise us this season especially with Neil Francis having a siege mentality of his own against anyone who dares to tell him the truth .My own feeling is Aberdeen and Hibs don't have enough and Livi will falter soon enough. Of course its not good enough that we should even be discussing this but we should have enough with Jamesy coming back and just see it over line.it doesn't bare thinking about allowing the new club to have all the champions league kitty so it simply cannot happen.
I agree way u I dont think they 2 teams can put a run together good enough to over take us but it's a fuckin scandal that we're even talkin about it

Members online

Latest posts

Back