Celtic v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup Semi-Final Match Thread

If celtic play to their best then Aberdeen would be a formality, but the way we are going and with the continuous changes being made week in week out {not all NL fault} then its hard to predict, we want the win and we want the cup but the downside is that we are handing another advantage to the huns as the final would mean another league game having to be re arranged, the price of success i suppose. anyway i can see us kicking on from Thursday and going on a winning streak heading into the new year and slippy panicking as we head up the outside lane, a check of his mirrors, a sweat forming and him pulling of the slip way allowing us through. HAIL HAIL

If celtic play to their best then Aberdeen would be a formality, but the way we are going and with the continuous changes being made week in week out {not all NL fault} then its hard to predict, we want the win and we want the cup but the downside is that we are handing another advantage to the huns as the final would mean another league game having to be re arranged, the price of success i suppose. anyway i can see us kicking on from Thursday and going on a winning streak heading into the new year and slippy panicking as we head up the outside lane, a check of his mirrors, a sweat forming and him pulling of the slip way allowing us through. HAIL HAIL
👏 👏👏👏👏🍺🥳

What is the weather forecast for tomorrow? I think the stormy conditions up here in Aberdeen last Sunday were not conducive to playing good football.

If the weather is bad again this weekend then we may be playing on a pitch that has been cut up today and in blustery conditions again. It is just another factor that has to be considered when selecting the team and tactics.

Working Tomorrow so here’s ma spiel
Go with same team minus Ajer unless fit
Get stuck into them press press them in there half they don’t like it when you press them high
Pass and move Quick snappy passes one twos ken the auld fashioned stuff no rocket science.
4-1 Ajeti Griffiths and Duffy wi a Rogic screamer
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

What is the weather forecast for tomorrow? I think the stormy conditions up here in Aberdeen last Sunday were not conducive to playing good football.

If the weather is bad again this weekend then we may be playing on a pitch that has been cut up today and in blustery conditions again. It is just another factor that has to be considered when selecting the team and tactics.

The amount of times we play the second semi at Hamdump is becoming annoying. Pitch should be given in the best condition to the holders whenever they are still in the tournament.

I think the 5 subs rule will help us tomorrow. No matter how well we play, some players will struggle to play 90-120 minutes after Thursday night and/or returning from injury/illness. Starting the captain would be foolhardy IMO, they have a young pacy midfield so matching that with either Soro or Turnbull coming in beside CalMac must be a consideration
I'm sure there will only be 1 or 2 changes, Bitton for Ajer the enforced one, from Thursday.

Starting with a 4-4-2 my team would be

Barkas
Frimpong Duffy Bitton Laxalt
Christie Turnbull McGregor Elyounoussi
Ajeti Edouard

Subs Bain, Taylor, Elhamed, Brown, Ntcham, Soro, Rogic, Griffiths, Klimala

I have a good feeling about this game and if we get off to a fast start can see a comfortable win.
4-1 Celtic

I think the 5 subs rule will help us tomorrow. No matter how well we play, some players will struggle to play 90-120 minutes after Thursday night and/or returning from injury/illness. Starting the captain would be foolhardy IMO, they have a young pacy midfield so matching that with either Soro or Turnbull coming in beside CalMac must be a consideration
I'm sure there will only be 1 or 2 changes, Bitton for Ajer the enforced one, from Thursday.

Starting with a 4-4-2 my team would be

Barkas
Frimpong Duffy Bitton Laxalt
Christie Turnbull McGregor Elyounoussi
Ajeti Edouard

Subs Bain, Taylor, Elhamed, Brown, Ntcham, Soro, Rogic, Griffiths, Klimala

I have a good feeling about this game and if we get off to a fast start can see a comfortable win.
4-1 Celtic
Don't think the 5 subs thing is available tomorrow m8.

Fair play, I'm not that sure myself but Bridie Bhoy said he'd checked earlier in this thread (post 22) and seemed to think it was only 3 subs and an extra one if it goes to ET. (y)
Apologies Khenny & Gary - not for the first time it turns out I was talking out of my arse. I had googled it but I think it must have been referring to this season's cup semis instead (I will use the MD defence that "drink had been taken").

We are allowed 5 subs so we should use this to our advantage.

20201031_130356.jpg

Apologies Khenny & Gary - not for the first time it turns out I was talking out of my arse. I had googled it but I think it must have been referring to this season's cup semis instead (I will use the MD defence that "drink had been taken").

We are allowed 5 subs so we should use this to our advantage.

View attachment 11852

You do realise that the... "I'm sorry M'Lud but I was pished"... defence very rarely works!

HH ;)

Back