Celtic v Bayer Leverkusen - Thursday 30 September, kick-off 8pm - all comments here

You can't judge us by this showing .
Quality opposition , players back from injury , two poor goals lost , penalty that never was , 4 good goal scoring chances missed by us ....

The League and domestic cups is our measure this year .

Let's see how that goes before we throw our manager to the lions . FFS we persevered with Lennon when Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles couldn't believe what they were seeing !

HH

I don't see this as a disaster. Good effort in the second half. They are a quality side. Technically and tactically far superior to us. But we had some decent things happening for us at times, despite the dross parts.

Ange needs to start being more adaptable. Considering what the opposition can and will do in matches and have strategies to combat this. You can read his tactics like a comic. Less of the the gung ho attitude and more street wise. Results are all that count.

This is what we need to take into the league.

Great game Joe Hart. I was very disappointed with the booing of Jeremy Frimpong. We done well on him financially, and good luck to him.
They booed Dalglish when he returned, you're either with us, or against us
HH

Not surprised by tonight’s result to be honest we did create chances but realistically we are noe Europa conference level and that’s down to the board. We haven’t the quality or depth of squad we should have and the worry is that defeats such as tonight will sap the confidence out of the players. I fear that we are in for a torrid time but heh second was a highlight last year so why not third or fourth

I dont think we have played well

But i think the selections for this system are poor

I also dont think with best players in world we would score more than opps with our system

the system allows our players to make these glaring errors imo

Leverkusen havent got out of clutch mode yet and lost no goals

and scored 3 without really exerting themselves

our players look knackered despite no cutting edge in system

our passing doesnt fit under pressures at this level

Cutting out the crap in this system will be hard because it exposes the crap and doesnt create much other than on counter attack

its very weak system imo

the tikka taka defending with no options in mid for defence is very poor
Tet much of what you say I agree with so how do we rectify this with the current mind-set. I still think we can use this as a positive having watched that shite earlier tonight

Before everyone goes nuts. Lots of things right and wrong about tonight. For starters the 5 sub rule is ridiculous only if you have players missing from covid19 should this apply , were playing one of Europe's top 12 sides.i didnt see the first 27 minutes where apparantly we were doing ok might be wrong. I wasnt as impressed by their XI plus 3 subs as I was with their 16 players. I thought that what I saw was obviously self inflicted damage of course isnt it always. Unfortunate for Turnbull to slip at that moment and Ralston who did ok what i seen against pingpong maybe 50/ 50 , then a penalty. Everything that could go wrong went wrong but as good as they are I wasnt overly impressed think betis will give them a game. Thought postecoglu was a little naive about his tactics they sat back until we gave them it danke. We'll go for it is fine but we dont have the players at the back the players seem well drilled enough but it's not winning and those players we do have are getting frustrated , . They gave the ball away as much as we did sat in like Ross county and have the quality to do that especially when they can change the complete outfield that rule should change. They were good for the win tonight the rest was self inflicted when we kept the ball we kept it well recycling the ball was a bit slow. Feel sorry for Ralston especially on these nights when hes up against the best. If only our main men had his belief and desire to win .

Back