Celtic v Bayer Leverkusen - Thursday 30 September, kick-off 8pm - all comments here

Goal 1 defensive blunder
Goal 2 several defensive mistakes
Goal 3 unlucky with the penalty

It’s not the system to blame m8
The system is what’s created what 4/5/6 clear cut opportunities

I’m not happy with 3-0 but given the damage we’ve shown we’re capable of I’m heartened that if we cut out the crap we’re a match for these strong teams

we also have to cut them some slack for the absolutely horrendous circumstances that have been given to ange to deal with

your lucky if his preferred 11 have had a training session together never mind a match

it’s difficult to impose a system in a team that changes 3/4 players every week

as I said when we get a settled 11 we’ll do damage to teams
I dont think we have played well

But i think the selections for this system are poor

I also dont think with best players in world we would score more than opps with our system

the system allows our players to make these glaring errors imo

Leverkusen havent got out of clutch mode yet and lost no goals

and scored 3 without really exerting themselves

our players look knackered despite no cutting edge in system

our passing doesnt fit under pressures at this level

Cutting out the crap in this system will be hard because it exposes the crap and doesnt create much other than on counter attack

its very weak system imo

the tikka taka defending with no options in mid for defence is very poor

Goal 1 defensive blunder
Goal 2 several defensive mistakes
Goal 3 unlucky with the penalty

It’s not the system to blame m8
The system is what’s created what 4/5/6 clear cut opportunities

I’m not happy with 3-0 but given the damage we’ve shown we’re capable of I’m heartened that if we cut out the crap we’re a match for these strong teams

we also have to cut them some slack for the absolutely horrendous circumstances that have been given to ange to deal with

your lucky if his preferred 11 have had a training session together never mind a match

it’s difficult to impose a system in a team that changes 3/4 players every week

as I said when we get a settled 11 we’ll do damage to teams
Your opinion mate and your well entitled to it,,a think we need to bin it until such a time as we have confidence couple a victory’s then introduce whatever system he fancies,but this isn’t the time or place to try some new system!!we have always played great attacking football that’s why we support them but also been able to defend(to a fashion)..

Aw well, false score line, there wasn’t a 4 goal defeat in that game, held our own in parts, just couldn’t make it count
I still have faith in ange, only had a short term in charge, arrived late in the transfer window, didn’t have time to do what he was needing
I’m logging aff for the night…..and leave this forum to all the haters, negativity that will surely follow tonight

faithful though and though HH💚🍀

Any teams that come at us...Are going to score goals.....Its happened all season.....Still early doors....but....we need to get a grip...and quick......I know we are going through a transition period.....but.....how long can we go like this.....Every team we play now are going for us...and its working for them

I have seen enough since he came on to make me want to give a start to Bitton in midfield. Nothing to lose in my opinion.
He's a good solid player, can't understand why some hate him
I'd have him starting before Soro and McCarthy but that's my opinion
The big Greek we signed looked...eh...what's the word...invisible...and Ajeti...FFS...gie's peace
Jota Kyogo and Abada did their best, Ralston and CCV the same
Could have been a few more goals but for Joe Hart, but when we start playing the ball backwards, sideways, back to the keeper then out to the wing, gives me the fear
Well done anyone who took Leverkusen in the Europa predictor, hardly rocket surgery though, is it ?
HH

He's a good solid player, can't understand why some hate him
I'd have him starting before Soro and McCarthy but that's my opinion
The big Greek we signed looked...eh...what's the word...invisible...and Ajeti...FFS...gie's peace
Jota Kyogo and Abada did their best, Ralston and CCV the same
Could have been a few more goals but for Joe Hart, but when we start playing the ball backwards, sideways, back to the keeper then out to the wing, gives me the fear
Well done anyone who took Leverkusen in the Europa predictor, hardly rocket surgery though, is it ?
HH
i would too btw

him and mcgregor as our mid 2

Well the lurkers will be on soon it’s time to eat our young everyone should be sacked
Everyone.
Board of the nega Nons it’s the BOARD
They put us hear and when you go to the toilet you piss with what you’ve got
Forget, Fuck European fitba the league
We build from the league that’s the important bit.
this mess is not an overnight fix this takes time.
But the press our ex players and our own fans will feed gladly on the Corpse of our manager he’ll be blamed but not by me.
Fir all the lurkers go f yirsels.
Ange needs time will he get it me I hope so
Cause name somebody better mm
Me neither
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

I don't see this as a disaster. Good effort in the second half. They are a quality side. Technically and tactically, far superior to us. But we had some decent things happening for us at times, despite the dross parts.

Ange needs to start being more adaptable. Considering what the opposition can, and will do in matches, and have strategies to combat this. You can read his tactics like a comic. Less of the the gung ho attitude and more street wise. Results are all that count.

This is what we need to take into the league.

Great game Joe Hart. I was very disappointed with the booing of Jeremy Frimpong. We done well on him financially, and good luck to him.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back