Celtic v Bayer Leverkusen - Thursday 30 September, kick-off 8pm - all comments here

They have taken their foot off the gas, hes under little or no pressure. Hes not the answer.
He may not be the answer, but is he any worse than the performances put in by some now? He can pass a ball to feet or into space to be taken on the run. Downside is he gives away frees, but no more than Rogic. For me Rogic should make way. He should be an impact sub. A good thirty minutes.

Like everything else in football, we won't know unless it is tried.

I’m afraid I disagree m8
If we’re needing button were in trouble
Unless we try something very quickly then we will be in very serious trouble. We can't keep gifting midfield to the opposition and exposing our defence. For now it is worth a try IMO. We have to use our current players more effectively instead of forcing players to play tactics they just can't cope with.

Tet much of what you say I agree with so how do we rectify this with the current mind-set. I still think we can use this as a positive having watched that shite earlier tonight
I am not sure

Have feeling Ange likes what he sees

And its feeling bit like NL analysis after games

If he cant see 2 acm dont work efficiently then im not sure how we change things

Nothing about his system is efficient imo

doesnt appear to be useful unless opposition also sacrifice their midfield

i was quite happy to let him continue despite reservations because goals were flying in

but opp managers are savvy in that they anticipate the strengths of ange system while exploiting our glaring weaknesses

whereas we just do same against everybody

And if anything we are doing it progressively worse over time rather than more efficiently

doesnt apear to be a proper plan

just run hard press and sacrifice midfield defensive mindset for high risk counter runs

What the fuck is Lennon on about "they're losing too many games at the minute". What the fuck did you do last year ye shitebag? Ange inherited your fuckin dung.
Spot on
I did a lot of batting for Lennon last year when it got too personal on here
but to sit and listen to him tonight comment on our team is galling
We’ve just had to dismantle his and lawwells team

This isn't going to work. Leaving aside the standard of the opposition, that is the poorest overall quality Celtic team for decades.
Centre backs who cannot make a pass. Limited full backs who offer nothing going forward. Totally erratic midfield, Turnbull in particular and only one striker of any promise. (We'll see about the new guy).

Sorry but this team just doesn't inspire any confidence whatsoever and I honestly can't see Ange making it to Christmas.

Unless we try something very quickly then we will be in very serious trouble. We can't keep gifting midfield to the opposition and exposing our defence. For now it is worth a try IMO. We have to use our current players more effectively instead of forcing players to play tactics they just can't cope with.
I think sometimes in defeat people get to wrapped up in players and systems.
Not directed at you personally.
We defend better on two occasions and take a chance or two and we’re ahead at half time.
It’s a different game
I think football is that simple m8 but it’s fine margins

Spot on
I did a lot of batting for Lennon last year when it got too personal on here
but to sit and listen to him tonight comment on our team is galling
We’ve just had to dismantle his and lawwells team
Lennon earned a lot of money from his last spell of 'management' at Celtic. He could not be described as having earned that money. Now he has this sweet commentating gig where his 'controversial' relationship with Celtic fans ensures him a continued source of income regardless of the limited quality of his analysis.

I am not sure

Have feeling Ange likes what he sees

And its feeling bit like NL analysis after games

If he cant see 2 acm dont work efficiently then im not sure how we change things

Nothing about his system is efficient imo

doesnt appear to be useful unless opposition also sacrifice their midfield

i was quite happy to let him continue despite reservations because goals were flying in

but opp managers are savvy in that they anticipate the strengths of ange system while exploiting our glaring weaknesses

whereas we just do same against everybody

And if anything we are doing it progressively worse over time rather than more efficiently

doesnt apear to be a proper plan

just run hard press and sacrifice midfield defensive mindset for high risk counter runs
He is a new manager Tet ....far too much of a non handover to deal with imo in first phase of the season...I don't think any of us have seen what Ange can do ....we get it with the midfield deficiency and indeed right and left back and guess what we don't have a guy like Broonie at present...so your right a 6 a 8 and a 10 are currently unrecognisable in a Celtic jersey...but Its where we are at so unfortunately europa league ...not a priority..beating the hun to the league 100%
You probably spoke to them and knocked them to sleep
Therefore creating space for yourself πŸ™„
πŸ’š You never lose it πŸ’š

Unless we remove the likes of Starstruck, McCarthorse, Soro, and Ajeti we will not be able to move forward with this system. I believe what Ange is trying to do is terrific but there are players currently holding him back. McCarthorse and Ajeti are incapable of movement, Starstruck is like a deer in the headlights every time he gets the ball, and Soro is a liability. I understand that we have not been able to replace them yet but ASAP please.

I think if we were doing well in SPL this result would have got taken on the chin as we had lots of chances in the match..But we aint is the problem..More games we keep losing , the more the players will be losing trust in Anges vision..We are playing way too open..Plus if Kyogo /McGregor are missing again , what happens ?i think we have players that should be winning most games in SPL but im thinking its Anges system thats stopping this..We are missing a young Scott Brown in midfield as Rogic/Turnbull are hit and miss..We need a fully fit Forrest back also as Abada is way to inconsistent ..I feel for us , the fans right now , noone else tbh

Last edited:
On this performance tonight Ange ball is finished. Far too open at the back players making mistakes that lead to goals. Sorry troops this style of play is no use to us. It's aleian for Celtic teams to play this way. We haven't got the players for this even if we did we would only continue to ship goals. That is my opinion I know a lot of you will disagree but I will not defend this style of play

Unless we remove the likes of Starstruck, McCarthorse, Soro, and Ajeti we will not be able to move forward with this system. I believe what Ange is trying to do is terrific but there are players currently holding him back. McCarthorse and Ajeti are incapable of movement, Starstruck is like a deer in the headlights every time he gets the ball, and Soro is a liability. I understand that we have not been able to replace them yet but ASAP please.
FFS can you not see it's 'the system' that's the problem?
Trying to fit square pegs in round holes?
What kind of spell has Ange put on you all?
Oh aye the emperor has got fantastic clothes on?
It's fucking joke. Defeat after defeat or draw, yet you all say, ooh Ange is the man.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE?

I have to agree with Lennon on one comment he made tonight on players nowadays and there attitude to defeats. They seem not to get overly bothered and shrug defeats off without getting to upset. Then in his days playing for Celtic they would have each other by the throat after defeats and calling each other out over mistakes that had been made.
I think Celtic player's cared more for the Club and the performances they put in back in Lenny's day.
These player's nowadays don't get overly upset about loosing games or goals.
The fire and pride seems to have evaporated in the majority of these modern day players.

I think sometimes in defeat people get to wrapped up in players and systems.
Not directed at you personally.
We defend better on two occasions and take a chance or two and we’re ahead at half time.
It’s a different game
I think football is that simple m8 but it’s fine margins
But it is after a very poor run of defeats and draws that you have to look beyond back luck and analyse the situation to see where you can improve (and after victories too). It has become very clear to me that changes need to be made because repeating the same thing and then being surprised that you are getting the same outcome time and again is not a viable option.

Personally I would live to see Angeball being used successfully as it is so exciting. But we currently don't have the right personnel to be able to keep up these tactics for more than half an hour. This allows us to blow away poor opponents but against better players or better organised teams we are getting caught out.

IMO Ange needs to compromise and play the best tactics with the resources he has available to him right now. Longer term then maybe some of our current players will be able to adapt to his preferred style and he can tweak the squad with a few strategic key signings.

It is all still very new to many players who are still not used to each other and we have suffered a bad run of injuries too. This is why Ange should be a bit more pragmatic in his approach and introduce his style more gently in the short term as and when it will be most likely to succeed.

Members online

Latest posts

Back