Celtic v Blackburn Rovers - Saturday 16 July, kick-off 12.30pm

Missed the start so missed their 20 seconds in goal ( we must stop giving away early goals) we will find it much more difficult to come back from that in the champions league.
That said we totally overrun Blackburn for the next 44minutes and 40 seconds.
Hart again couldve been punished for being so far off his line ( something I'm sure our opponents in the champions league will try to exploit) .
Jota and Taylor's link up play on the left was superb as was juranovic and Abada on the right.
Abada has given ( Pickering is it?) A real runaround for the 45 minutes so much that the Blackburn defender resorted to booting him off the park.
A great display , goal conceded aside, we look a side who are sharp and chomping at the bit.
Could be 3 or 4 by now on another day.
Our midfield I was a little worried beforehand that it was a little lightweight defensively but calmac has been everywhere great stuff more of the same pls HH

Brilliant workout so far and played under proper match conditions with the usual cheating mib helping with the proceedings so far.
Total class above rovers who ain't to bad of a footballing team but just can't handle our movement and pace and without getting any time allowed on the ball whatsoever.
We are so sharp at present that injuries remains my biggest worry with Blackburn unable to handle our pace.
Think we might have to get use to this as our pace in play looks even faster than last season but waiting on player protection from a cheating mib still light years behind in Scottish football still

Might just be me but I don’t think the ball sticks to Bernabei’s feet terribly well, losing possession more often than not.

Might just be me but I don’t think the ball sticks to Bernabei’s feet terribly well, losing possession more often than not.
I think he is trying to learn the inverted full back role and looks decent going forward.
But as you say getting a wee bit lost in losing possession and defending.
Think he will come good just needs to get to grips with system new country and settle in. Still very young.

Its not as if I'm going to rip up seats and start a fight at my age and get the ST taken off me , maybe ask about the Norwich game ,but he's the type who won't make a decision unit the last minute
Mate
Ano but he's trying to find his feet he looked a good ball carrier in the clips of him

Members online

Latest posts

Back