Celtic v Dundee - Sunday 8 August - all comments here

real supporters (as they say) would require multiple stadiums to be built if it was based on attending matches, Celtic are supported in all forms from Celtic TV, to Celtic streams, to merchandise and from wearing the hoops to spreading the name and the history, what makes a real supporter of Celtic is instilled in the heart, you do not have to be born a Celtic support, you only have to feel in your heart what makes you support this club and that feeling will find you and shape you as it takes you on journeys others can only dream of, we share joys, heartache, hard luck and good luck and we get to witness special moments and meet special people, some not in person but the bond in all of us pulls us together, it was not fate that brought us here to share, it was what was meant to be, it is simply our part in our clubs history, our part which will be time capsuled for generations to see and discover and share as they also contribute in many forms to a club like no other a club with one history since 1887/88, a club created for like minded people, a people who know what it is like to have a heart and have the same emotions and go through the same processes knowing that it is Celtic that instill them for it is Celtic a club created to recognise oppression and provide a mechanism to release the mundane feelings of hopelessness and provide hope and show the way forward.
You Celtic Rose are no different from the punter who attends the match for you have the gift of Celtic in your heart and that's how the message of Celtic was originated for, it was created to serve communities and help them to rise up and in return the club would receive in return a small gratitude to enable the work to continue, we do this all the time when we purchase a single item we contribute to Walfrids vision, that somewhere this small contribution will continue a line of work that has continued for over a century. Hail Hail.
Thanks Boab1916, I wakened this morning and thanked God I’m a Celtic supporter HH💚

I know Kyogo has stolen most of the plaudits but I thought Christie was immense and involved in just about everything maybe the best hes played for a while outstanding
100%. I was never one that subscribed to the notion that Christie wanted away and thought he was too good for us, quite the opposite in fact. I thought he was trying too hard last season, trying to do every thing at times, instead of concentrating on the basics. Today he had someone moving into space in front of him that he could pass to, no need for wild shots into row z.

100%. I was never one that subscribed to the notion that Christie wanted away and thought he was too good for us, quite the opposite in fact. I thought he was trying too hard last season, trying to do every thing at times, instead of concentrating on the basics. Today he had someone moving into space in front of him that he could pass to, no need for wild shots into row z.
That is my take on the situation too. I thought too much was made about his Dad's comments. I thought he was trying too hard as well and struggled with a lack of movement up front and poor tactics. Plus it appears that he was encouraged to pursue this ridiculous idea of continually shooting for goal from long range which inevitably ended up in row Z.

I hoped Ange could get him back on track and he appears to have taken the first step in finding his form again. If he can then hopefully he will be happy to extend his contract and develop into a fantastic Celtic player.

But there will be some humps in the road this season and I'm preparing for a bit of a rollercoaster this first year.

You don't say much Rose but when you do...

I've had a season book most of my life, since being a teenager.
Took a few years out after their 10 was foiled.
Even at 21 i knew it meant too much to be healthy so took a step back.
Went back during the Deila days until last year

This is the year i have to put my kids first.
I now get them on weekends
You can't do both, there's only one winner.
But one day, i hope that the 2 girls will get the bug and we'll do Paradise together..

Do i feel different this year.....no
Did i ever think i was superior to anyone when i had a ticket...no
You can't measure your Celtic-ness
There are only 60k seats and millions of us over the world.
We are a club that was formed for a reason and our ethos is 'open to all' or 'inclusive'
That's why we are the Club you support,
thats why we have the support of people that don't know a goalpost from a post box.

If you've never been to a game but buy a shirt and watch, your a Celtic fan
If you live on the other side of the world and get up at 4.30am to watch a game.. your a Celtic fan
A season book is not a status, its a privelidge some have and others not

A real Celtic fan identifies with the club, the ethos and our brothers and sisters of a similar mind.
We protect that and cherish it. We are proud of being part of the family which includes you and I.
Faithful through and through. We are much more to than a football team.

There you go, 13 pints and a few Jack D's later and i'd say thats my finest one eyed drunken outpouring yet

PS, if i remember which is unlikely, I'll make it my goal to get you to Paradise this season
STG, I’ve been wracking my brains trying to think what to say in reply to the post you wrote last night about what makes us Celtic, but I don’t have your gift of prose so I hope it’s enough just to say ‘thank you’ for that and a big Hail Hail 💚

STG, I’ve been wracking my brains trying to think what to say in reply to the post you wrote last night about what makes us Celtic, but I don’t have your gift of prose so I hope it’s enough just to say ‘thank you’ for that and a big Hail Hail 💚
A dozen beers and a few shots of JD, and you'll be up there with the other great writer's of the world 😂(y)

That is my take on the situation too. I thought too much was made about his Dad's comments. I thought he was trying too hard as well and struggled with a lack of movement up front and poor tactics. Plus it appears that he was encouraged to pursue this ridiculous idea of continually shooting for goal from long range which inevitably ended up in row Z.

I hoped Ange could get him back on track and he appears to have taken the first step in finding his form again. If he can then hopefully he will be happy to extend his contract and develop into a fantastic Celtic player.

But there will be some humps in the road this season and I'm preparing for a bit of a rollercoaster this first year.
I think it's fair to say that the same malaise affected many other players and not just Christie and I think we all know who the common denominator was.

If he continues to play like the way he did yesterday, we'll struggle to keep him.

Members online

Latest posts

Back