Celtic v Dundee - Sunday 8 August - all comments here

That today was probably the most accomplished performance I've seen from a Celtic team since the early days of the Rodgers era. Their movement, passing, link up play and the pace they played at was an absolute joy to watch. All the things that were missing under Lenny was there in spades today!

Kyogo, Christie and Abada were just outstanding especially in the first 45 and Turnbull, Rogic and CalMac weren't too far behind them. All 6 of them just seemed to click, their passing was top drawer and the way they anticipated one another's movement and where they wanted the ball played made it look like they had been playing together for years. Honestly it looked telepathic at times it was that good!

I think it's fair to say the Bhoys at the back weren't really tested today, they will definitely face tougher tests than Dundee this season that's for sure, but I thought Welsh and Starfelt strolled it and even though I still don't think Ralston is the long term solution at RB I thought he had a great game...how good was his goal btw! Only negative for me was Taylor, too much breaks down with him, his passing is poor and going forward he just isn't on the same wavelength as the rest and it shows.

Early days so not getting carried away...I still think we lack in certain areas especially that bit of steel that's needed to secure a title...but that today was a great way to let the rest know that they won't be getting an easy run at us like they did last season and that we're a different animal this time around!

Well, here I am in deepest darkest Ayrshire after having spent a glorious afternoon in Paradise. I was gonna do my usual and let some time pass before adding my tuppenceworth to the comments being made by my very knowledgeable fellow Noisers, then I thought, feck that, I've waited long enough to see us playing in such a gloriously satisfying manner. That was soooooo good to witness. OK, it would be true to say Dundee weren't exactly top drawer: but I think it's also true to say we've struggled against such teams in the past year or so.

The new players look like they are actually going to make a contribution to the first team. And there are a few more to come in too. Kyogo ? what can I say. Do I need to say anything ? Simply superb performance. Based on todays game he's good for 25 goals a season. Looks like a REAL find.

Get our defence sorted Ange. If you can do that we're certainly back in the running. Starting to get a tad over excited, so I'm gonna shut my trap and go watch it all over again. Here we go... Here we go.... Here we go............

Well, here I am in deepest darkest Ayrshire after having spent a glorious afternoon in Paradise. I was gonna do my usual and let some time pass before adding my tuppenceworth to the comments being made by my very knowledgeable fellow Noisers, then I thought, feck that, I've waited long enough to see us playing in such a gloriously satisfying manner. That was soooooo good to witness. OK, it would be true to say Dundee weren't exactly top drawer: but I think it's also true to say we've struggled against such teams in the past year or so.

The new players look like they are actually going to make a contribution to the first team. And there are a few more to come in too. Kyogo ? what can I say. Do I need to say anything ? Simply superb performance. Based on todays game he's good for 25 goals a season. Looks like a REAL find.

Get our defence sorted Ange. If you can do that we're certainly back in the running. Starting to get a tad over excited, so I'm gonna shut my trap and go watch it all over again. Here we go... Here we go.... Here we go............
Spot on Francis, did you get to the game, would have been a pleasure to be there today

Did one similar great minds united, this guy looks the real deal, plays with a smile on his face
it's great to see a bhoy come in for big bucks and deliver straight away
it's hard to overlook the goals and the movement but the biggest take away from the game today for me was off the ball. His defending from the front was a reddy for Edouard and Ajeti.
Shows Griffiths why you need to be as fit as possible. The bhoy was out on his feet when he came off.

Such a pleasure to see such humility in a guy that's just ran amok. No billy big time, Exactly what we need in that dressing room to complement the others that work their socks off.

Turnbull will look a different player now as he has Kyogo/Abada to find.
He likes to play forward passes but has had very little of that in front of him since signing.

Back