Celtic v Dundee

I think it is hilarious that rangers of all teams think VAR will help them.
A team that hasn't had a player sent off in Scotland for years.
not to mention why their top scorer is their penalty taker.
When I heard Scotland were getting VAR this year I though Celtic might get a chance of winning the league after all.
Var won't help us, as the mib who will be the ones in the studio /broadcast van will still be huns, so unless they want to bring in non-scottish refs it will be a waste of time and money. The 2 things that will be needed to be done is for the mib to name the team they support and even then you can bet on them not being truthful and even if they are they'll have to employ a whole bunch of new mib as our current lot are absolutely crap. HH

I get all the cynicism around VAR in Scotland and the suspect impartiality of the operatives/decision makers but it's better than nothing.

Referees and their assistants can currently make decisions on what they saw, (wanted to see) rather than what happened. The introduction of VAR will take away some of the opportunities for them to practice their bias, e.g. a wrongly chalked off goal for offside when the player is clearly onside. Or, the reckless, studs up, attempted leg-breakers against our players only resulting in yellow cards, or sometimes not even a foul!!

As for funding it, simple, take the costs from the prize money purse before divvying up the remainder.

Me, My Son, Oldest Grandson(20) Youngest granddaughter are all 24th Sept the twins are the 25th, Daughter-in-law 30th September, Mrs & daughter are 25th May & youngest son is the 27th & his daughter is the 30th May, the only one in family whos not keeping with the May or Sept birthdays is my Great-Granddaughter she's July
Count back 9 months from September and folk with birthdays around the 15th -30th September all know what their dad got for his Christmas that year , I should know my oldest son's birthdays is on the 27th September

I get all the cynicism around VAR in Scotland and the suspect impartiality of the operatives/decision makers but it's better than nothing.

Referees and their assistants can currently make decisions on what they saw, (wanted to see) rather than what happened. The introduction of VAR will take away some of the opportunities for them to practice their bias, e.g. a wrongly chalked off goal for offside when the player is clearly onside. Or, the reckless, studs up, attempted leg-breakers against our players only resulting in yellow cards, or sometimes not even a foul!!

As for funding it, simple, take the costs from the prize money purse before divvying up the remainder.
Sounds good MIB but dont they first have be told to look at it by another hun in the studio? Silence could be golden for theranjurs but not for Celtic or any other Scottish premiership team.

Sounds good MIB but dont they first have be told to look at it by another hun in the studio? Silence could be golden for theranjurs but not for Celtic or any other Scottish premiership team.
As has been stated on many occasions, var will not solve the problem of bias in the Scottish game, there is 2 types of bias, conscious and unconscious, we have to fight against both types. Until the mib have to state what teams they support and until they are are deemed to be unbiased then var will be a waste of money. If anyone actually believes that the mib that are part of the Lanarkshire Referees Association are neutral then they need medical attention. Var only works if the men behind the scenes are not Scottish. I know it, we know it the SFA knows it the smsm knows it the Spfl knows it. The only reason that the huns are screaming about var is that the mib have been shown to be poor and the SFA cannot be seen to be pushing any more pressure on them. No traces of influence can be shown from the SFA as they are not as influential as they once where. The fact that no Scottish officials were at the last European tournament is in itself a measure of how far the reputation of the mib has fallen. I'm sure messrs Beaton, Madden et Al, would rather have their little European sojourns than a pat on the back from the klan, hence the lower number of dodgy decisions. HH.

As has been stated on many occasions, var will not solve the problem of bias in the Scottish game, there is 2 types of bias, conscious and unconscious, we have to fight against both types. Until the mib have to state what teams they support and until they are are deemed to be unbiased then var will be a waste of money. If anyone actually believes that the mib that are part of the Lanarkshire Referees Association are neutral then they need medical attention. Var only works if the men behind the scenes are not Scottish. I know it, we know it the SFA knows it the smsm knows it the Spfl knows it. The only reason that the huns are screaming about var is that the mib have been shown to be poor and the SFA cannot be seen to be pushing any more pressure on them. No traces of influence can be shown from the SFA as they are not as influential as they once where. The fact that no Scottish officials were at the last European tournament is in itself a measure of how far the reputation of the mib has fallen. I'm sure messrs Beaton, Madden et Al, would rather have their little European sojourns than a pat on the back from the klan, hence the lower number of dodgy decisions. HH.
Maybe another solution is to employ non Scottish referees as Alan Thompson
suggested on the James English (a good tim) but I don't think that will happen.
Thomo was talking about his new book, the podcast is worth listening to I thot.

Members online

Latest posts

Back