Celtic v Ferencvaros - Champions League 2nd Qualifier, Wednesday 26 August 7.45pm - all comments here

Niall J has put together this report on our opponents...

Celtic v Ferencvaros – Hungarians are a decent side, Norwegian Tokmac needs watching...

View attachment 10838
europa league it is then

The tactics are relatively straightforward for a one-off cup tie.........go oot and score at least one more goal than the other side.

It's a genuine cup game, Ferencvaros are in exactly the same position as we are. Do we back ourself to be better?

Sure, there has to be a gameplan going into it, but it should be determined by our strengths, not theirs.

We havent found our feet and having real trouble scoring against Killie and Utd reinforces that. I too am not exactly worried and reaching for the valium, but, we have a knack of fucking up in euro games at home to teams we should beat. So quietly concerned is the order of the day.

4.0 to the Tiic. 😁
Loking back at the Cluj and Copenhagen games, there seemed to be a sense of 'job done' after decent first leg results.

Bit sloppy and indisciplined in both of the return games at Parkhead and the roof caved in even after we got ourselves back into both games.

If we do the basics well (like defend properly), then you'd like to believe we have enough firepower to get the job done at the other end. We just don't need to be giving Ferencvaros any encouragement by strolling aboot like superstars in the first 20 minutes.

Mon guys heids up drive onward
We’re Glasgow Celtic we turn up we prevail
Keep it tight keep the heid we win
Solid start get Eddy and Ayeti on the ball as a
2 upfront 4/5-1 goals Eddy Ayeti and Corpus
Bitton.
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
Ajeiti isnt fit enough to last whole game. So, we will go with Eddy and bring him on second half. Hopefully the big man finds his shooting boots. A tricky tie at this stage, but we should have enough.

We must press them from the 1st whistle. Whenever we press teams we get results more often than not. If we give them any encouragement or sit off them it could be a nervy night.
The thing we done really well under Brendan was press in packs, not quite so much with Lenny, but if the midfield are compact enough and we play 15 yards further up the park, then we have the players to press them, Stevie

europa league it is then
I hate to say this, but we are a Europa League club right now. If we keep Eddy, fill the two defensive holes then maybe we step up. If we lose Eddy this window and we go cheap on defenders then I dont think we will qualify for the CL. We should still have enough to deal with these Hungarian cunts. And if we cant, then we are further away than I thought.

We havent found our feet and having real trouble scoring against Killie and Utd reinforces that. I too am not exactly worried and reaching for the valium, but, we have a knack of fucking up in euro games at home to teams we should beat. So quietly concerned is the order of the day.

4.0 to the Tiic. 😁
Hope so but 1 goal more than them that will do me h.h

They will be more open because they will have to try to win at some point. Unless they play for extra time and penalties. Killie and Utd played all out defence. Our keeper had nothing to do against either. We still have not really seen oor new keeper in action.
If it is an open game we will blow them away.
Excactly what i said. It's a one off tie and keeping the back door shut is one thing, trying to score is another. This isn't Kilmarnock on a shag pile. They need to score and to be fair they are capable from what I've seen. We need to be on the front foot.

Back