Celtic v Ferencvaros - Champions League 2nd Qualifier, Wednesday 26 August 7.45pm - all comments here

Tomorrow we will again be fed the usual feelgood feast of possible signings and a long run scenario in the Europa league.
For me it should be a forensic analysis of the management team and coaches. There are wage stealers in there. Get rid of them.
Chris Sutton summed it up perfectly.

Can somebody please tell me if we have a defensive coach or not? And if we have one he should be sacked on the spot.Because it's the same repeat season after season in Europe.
Stupid , schoolboy mistakes from professional footballers time and time again with no repercussions.
But at the end of the day Lennon must shoulder the blame. Totally on top of a match and he leaves his two main available strikers sitting on the bench when nearly all of the game is being played in their half. A total lack of courage.

Not.

2NITE was another SHAMBLES in tactics against a average team who were no evn match fit!

Any semi pro coach can see thru NFL's tactics now.

Any1 can c we effectively play a all-or-nothin system wiv no defensiv midfield but a very slow broony.
NFL flawed system
not bcoz he is brave, but bcoz he just canny drop certain playrs

NFL is effectively playin a 2-1-7

B great if we had a Henrik & or a driving midfield.

But we hav a 7 includin several playd out of positon Calmac & Ntcham who r no good as defensive midfielders but asked 2.
as 4 d Undroppable Forrest who has bcom 1 of d trickless laziest cowardly in defense wingers Celtic evr had.

Forrest shud be made 2 watch our only player 2 stand out - on loan Mo & be ashamed of his own gutless 50% efforts.

Its time for the club to get a football guy in at the same level as Lawell with DD their go to guy. People focused on their bonus above all else are suited to selling Sevco shirts, not running Celtic. We fall at the same hurdle, losing managers who must feel helpless in their own destiny. That Hurdle is Lawell, He should be a commercial guy only, hotels, merchandise, promotion, advertising. Players should come under a Director of football not answering to him. An O'Neil type character, supporting the Manager in football matters.

We wont have to go through the torture of 6 champions league group stage games.
Out of interest....just for a mixture of opinions. Has anyone got anything positive to say about tonight??

''Positive ?'' I am positive that after that dispaly/result there won't be many turning up to watch the game against Motherwell !

HH

You'd have. thought Lennon would've learned his lesson in the cup final that going without a striker......?

Well it's just no really that fuckin bright is it? :mad:

I can't remember EVER (and I've been watching the Hoops since 1968) seeing Celtic play a vital, competitive game where we didn't have a striker on the park until the 78th minute!

That's actually worse than Levein when he was the Scotland manager and parked the bus from minute one. At least Levein had Kenny Miller on the park. Even though he wasn't utilised in a forward role at least he was a goalscorer.

Lennon's coat is on the shoogliest fucking peg ever. If we get papped out of Europe before the party even get's started he needs to go.

No idea who'd take over as I've been too angry to think about it, but anyone would've done better than that ridiculous line up tonight.

A fuckin monkey coulda picked a Celtic team to win there tonight.
I said it at the time he got the job and I'll say it again, Lennon hasn't a fuckin clue what he's at. He was found out at Bolton and at hibs. The only reason he's there is because lawells hand fits perfectly up his arse.
He should be fuckin chased down the road and take that fuckin gobshite Kennedy with him.
The keepers shite, jullien at times looks like a new born calf, Browns done, McGregor's a shite, Greg Taylor couldn't get past a defender on a motorbike.
Apart from that it wasn't too bad!

yet another rerun of and old familiar movie a home draw against modest european opposition and its good night vienna how many times have we dominated games only to be sucker punched powder puff shots at goal and awful defending. the manager and the board have been sleepwalking by failing to recognise how fragile our defence is . every transfer takes forever to come to fruition and results in too little too late. the money should have been spent on shane duffy straight away as a blind man could see how fragile our central defenders are

Wow , how bad were we?Keeper looked hopeless , we should have held on to Gordan d 4.5 million..Jullian Clary couldnt pass water..El Hamed , awful..Taylor tries hard but no quality..Brown looks done , was McGregor playing? , Forrest hiding ,Christie aint no centre forward Lennon !..I like many others saw who was playing and thought that we are in trouble..The amount of money that has been thrown away by bad results and paying top dollar for average players is shocking..Julien 7 million ?Vargas 4.5 ? Klimala 3 .5?Bayo 2.3 ?shved 2 million etc etc ..the list goes on and on..So angry i could explode

Sadly this season we are seeing the Neil Lennon I feared we were re-signing as manager. The stubborn, malcontented, almost disinterested,)))) tactically naive grump brooding on the touchline ignoring the fiasco unfolding on the pitch. I hope we very very quickly get back the quick witted, passionate, tactically astute, fantastic man-manager that we know he is capable of - before we totally blow this season!

And Lawwell - GTF! You all asked for support and our fantastic ST holders more than delivered - you owe them big time, you charlatan. Start earning that huge salary (higher than most CEOs in the EPL) you take home every season.

Last edited:
Its time for the club to get a football guy in at the same level as Lawell with DD their go to guy. People focused on their bonus above all else are suited to selling Sevco shirts, not running Celtic. We fall at the same hurdle, losing managers who must feel helpless in their own destiny. That Hurdle is Lawell, He should be a commercial guy only, hotels, merchandise, promotion, advertising. Players should come under a Director of football not answering to him. An O'Neil type character, supporting the Manager in football matters.
Like everything else by the time they come round to it , it will be to late

in match play for too long now - any team that sits in defensively crowds d final 3rd n presses,
Nulls NFL ideas.
shows up our attack as
overcrowded & unable 2 cut thru -reliant on deflections in last 180 mins

while we hav GIGANTIC gaps between r attack n broony - n a back 2 who r made to look slack & disorganized bcoz of NFL system flaws.
Duffy wud no make any diffrnce to NFL system, in fact hes slower than Ajer.

Tactics 2 play Celtic
1. Sit in ✓
2. hassle em ✓
3. Get ready 2 counter attack n chase long hit n hope thru & diagonal balls ✓ u will get lucky

Celtic System has a obvious flaw n worse has several players playin oot of position, all bcoz NFL considers sum un droppable, while not givin others evn a fair chance.

i'm not going to write about this until I have slept on it but the first goal is a shocker.
Broony will get the blame but when Taylor goes to the ball Brown is left with the player on the ball and a man ready take a pass. Ajer needed to come across and take Broony's man and let the capatain engage the man on the outside. Basic positioning for a centre half if the full back is drawn out. I do like Ajer but that as awful how slow he reacted.
After that i thought we played well. Their formation caught us out but after 20 mins we were back in control and almost (nearly) started pressing in unison.
The goal was the eventual culmination of a lot of good play.
It was a fine equaliser and i thought Moi's 'goal' looked onside but I'd need to see it again. The last man on the top left appeared late getting out but I'm not certain. Had that gone in we'd surely have kicked on.
The second goal was so poor it beggared belief. One punt and Elhamed felt he could usher him wide. He had 2, maybe 3 bites at the player and tried to get a wee toe on it to put him off. I do get what he was trying and he was a bit unlucky but I just want him to try first time and if not tangle, fall in a heap with his man and take a booking with a 'c'mon ref that was just a coming together'.
The striker issue didn't bother me too much. I though Christie did OK and we created chances. What worries me is Lenny has a chance to decide Klimala has worked his nuts off to force his way in, he gets an opportunity by luck rather than design.

The stars are aligned, you chuck him in, you give him 55/60 mins on such chances to shine moments can happen in football and players careers. Instead we deny him a chance he has earned and send him bereft of confidence back to wondering why he ever bothered working his balls off in the first place. I don't get that from a manager who doesn't play guys he thinks don't out the effort in, to then not play a guy who has put nothing BUT effort in- that's a big call.
In fact if you are reading WC, just cut and paste this, it's basically my thoughts for tomorrow anyway :rolleyes: - I've been girning about our play without the ball since Hamilton at home. This has been in the post. Fuck it- Bed

Back