Celtic v Greenock Morton - Scottish Cup 3rd Round, Saturday 21st Jan, 12.15pm

Gary67

Live on BBC 1 Scotland.
Ange said post match on Wednesday that there would be changes to the starting line up tomorrow. CCV would probably be fit but more than likely rested so Kobayashi should get another 90 mins. Taylor still injured but Ange said that Bernabei will play. Giakoumakis? Juranovic? Don't see them being risked in this game if there is a possibility they are off this window.
No clue what the team will be but looking back to last season's 3rd round tie against Alloa he played a strong starting eleven. However given he lost McGregor and Ideguchi to bad injuries in that game, and having a far bigger squad now he may be tempted to rest the likes of McGregor, Hatate, Kyogo. Would be good to see a couple of youngsters on the bench, Vata and Lawal being the obvious ones.

Hart
Johnston Starfelt Kobayashi Bernabei
O'Riley Mooy Turnbull
Abada Maeda Haksabanovic

Subs Bain Ralston McGregor Hatate Kyogo Forrest Jota Lawal Vata

These cup ties at home against lower league opposition often turn into a bit of a slog before we eventually get 2 or 3 goals and cruise through. Can see that again tomorrow as Morton (according to my Thistle supporting pals who saw them at Firhill a couple of weeks ago) are well organised and difficult to play against.

3-0

Bit of Scottish Cup History for you, clip only 3 mins 27 secs long.

£1 million for the oldest trophy in world football seems a little under valued to me.
How they value something like this I've no idea, firstly the obvious silver and weight but theres no valuation for the history it holds.

Nice to see Efe back again. I thought he was going to leave me suffering with the jitters for the rest of my life when he was with us. But I got over it when he moved on. I really like him though. A good decent hard working professional.

Hope we give Morton a doing. It should be that simple but as has been mentioned doesn't always work out quite as easy as that.
They are bringing 2000 supporters with them tomorrow so it's a big day oot for them. No doubt Ange will make changes again.
As long as we get through and they have nothing to shout about I'll be happy.

Back