Celtic v Greenock Morton - Scottish Cup 3rd Round, Saturday 21st Jan, 12.15pm

Live on BBC 1 Scotland.
Ange said post match on Wednesday that there would be changes to the starting line up tomorrow. CCV would probably be fit but more than likely rested so Kobayashi should get another 90 mins. Taylor still injured but Ange said that Bernabei will play. Giakoumakis? Juranovic? Don't see them being risked in this game if there is a possibility they are off this window.
No clue what the team will be but looking back to last season's 3rd round tie against Alloa he played a strong starting eleven. However given he lost McGregor and Ideguchi to bad injuries in that game, and having a far bigger squad now he may be tempted to rest the likes of McGregor, Hatate, Kyogo. Would be good to see a couple of youngsters on the bench, Vata and Lawal being the obvious ones.

Hart
Johnston Starfelt Kobayashi Bernabei
O'Riley Mooy Turnbull
Abada Maeda Haksabanovic

Subs Bain Ralston McGregor Hatate Kyogo Forrest Jota Lawal Vata

These cup ties at home against lower league opposition often turn into a bit of a slog before we eventually get 2 or 3 goals and cruise through. Can see that again tomorrow as Morton (according to my Thistle supporting pals who saw them at Firhill a couple of weeks ago) are well organised and difficult to play against.

3-0
Good info I now know where to watch the game

Hide all your valuables the Grenockians are coming to town!!!🤣🤣🤣
That'll be enough of that :cautious:
Biggest contingent of opposing fans to visit this season probably
Efe Ambrose and Calvin Miller will be up for it
Should be a good day out for the travelling support, but going for 5-0 for the Bhoys, and some of the young team to get some game time
Greenock CSC, founded in 1945, there's a lot of TIMS in the 'shire'
YNWA

Any cup game is a battle and this will be no different they may be well below our league but that won’t stop from haveing a go as they say it’s thier cup final,there has been a few shocks in cup games the most famous involved Rangers old co who were playing Berwick Rangers who beat them I beleave the score 1-0 to Berwick R of course every Celtic supporter never let them forget it anyway Celtic will win tomorrow by a big score I think may start with a few changes but will have a full tank on the bench our strongest asset if needed

Last edited:
I can see Ange making a vast amount of changes today both on the park and on the bench. We don't need to rattle hundreds of goals past Morton but we can use the opportunity to blood new recruits and give some game time to those who haven't been first eleven picks.

We should win comfortably and hopefully players will step up if they're given a chance today.

I can see Ange making a vast amount of changes today both on the park and on the bench. We don't need to rattle hundreds of goals past Morton but we can use the opportunity to blood new recruits and give some game time to those who haven't been first eleven picks.

We should win comfortably and hopefully players will step up if they're given a chance today.
It should be perfect to play some new signings. But I wonder if Ange will be a bit wary after Ideguchi got his Celtic career ruined and CalMac got crocked after being targeted by the Alloa thugs last season?

I"d rest MacGregor and let Mooy & O'Riley (for a goal) run things in midfield. Iwata may start too.

Looking forward to seeing big Efe at Celtic Park again, I hope he puts in the same performance as always 😜.

Due to one thing and another my first trip to Celtic Park since the world Cup break and I'm looking forward to it like a wee wean again...

Mon the hoops... 4 nuffin Jota O'Riely (😱) Turnbull and Kyogo.

H.H

Eh? What are you talking about? I could have sworn that Efe Ambrose won the Balloon D'Or when he played for us! He is something else that guy.
I'd take Efe over starfelt any day!! Both are walking bombscares but at least Efe can back flip!!!

How come its always defenders that are 'bombscares'?
One slack pass an you're labelled for life 🫠

Members online

Back