Celtic v Hearts, 7:45pm Thursday 2nd December

Aye, fancy The HOOPS for a 3-1, won't be going as the Mrs is in Hosp wae a fractured hip(Got tae book a visit because of Covid Protocol) be hame just in time for KO hoose tae masel, wee cargo, wee smoke & a win for the Bhoys Yass

☘COYBIG☘HAIL HAIL☘YNWA☘MON THE HOOPS☘
Sending our best to you and your better half TT
Life is never easy but hopefully she comes through with flying colours and is soon back to herself and chasing your around the house with the Hoover
YNWA

That porteous is a fkn liability, gets sent off for a stupid lunge when hibs are beating them ,gifts them a lifeline at hampden last week,now this penalty pish,hibs should punt the clown
I kinda disagree.
yes he made a mistake for the penalty, and unfortunately it was one, but he strode through that game pinging accurate passes crossfield, was mobile and committed. He has rough edges but I think he’s a player. Wouldn’t mind seeing him at Celtic Park. We have wasted fortunes on development signings and I actually think he will come good And worth taking a chance.
HH

I kinda disagree.
yes he made a mistake for the penalty, and unfortunately it was one, but he strode through that game pinging accurate passes crossfield, was mobile and committed. He has rough edges but I think he’s a player. Wouldn’t mind seeing him at Celtic Park. We have wasted fortunes on development signings and I actually think he will come good And worth taking a chance.
HH

Sorry man, know what you're saying re development players but it's a massive no from me....he's like a shite Derek Whyte

Sorry man, know what you're saying re development players but it's a massive no from me....he's like a shite Derek Whyte
Don’t apologise, good to have different views. Can I ask did you watch the game?
I ask because I wasn’t that convinced about him but truly he hit some outstanding passes and battled hard all the way through.
I know you point at his impetuousness but as I say we have squandered fortunes on “ development players” My bet is he makes it to the prem. ( bet is rhetorical btw)
HH

I kinda disagree.
HH
Porteous is a good player who still hasn't managed to remove the inevitable error(s) in his game. He may never do that, a bit like Efe, a very good defender with an error in him in every game. If he ever does then a team will get a very good defender who has pace, can pass, can tackle (occasionally legally ;)), has a good range of passing and can bring the ball out of defence.
Souttar of Hearts has similarly attributes and is also good defender but his issue is injuries and particularly glass ankles.

Forrest for Abada should be the only change tonight. Rogic and Bitton return to a place on the bench.
Hart
Ralston CCV Welsh Juranovic
Turnbull McCarthy McGregor
Forrest Furuhashi Jota
Subs - Bain Bitton Montgomery Rogic Abada Johnston Ajeti

3-1 Celtic

The writing was on the wall early last night, (unsurprisingly). Cadden megs Barisic and skins him leaving him on his ar$e, about to put in a dangerous cross, PEEP! free kick The rangers. Morelos gives away a free kick then kicks the ball away to prevent Hibs taking it quickly. Stonewall yellow card, not from Brother Beaton though. Two shockers and we're only 10 mins in.

Goldson was lucky to have only been booked once too, even Gordon Smith commented on how fortunate he was to avoid a booking after a late tackle. Regarding the Kent dive on 85 mins. It was a dive and while idiot Porteous stuck out a leg, he actually pulled it back but Kent was already going down. Dives like this are often resulting in penalties nowadays so can see why he was able to give it, (the delight on his face at being given the opportunity too!), however, I would bet my bottom dollar if it had been at the other end with Boyle and Goldson involved, the "foul" would have been waved away, with a possible booking for Boyle for good measure.

More of the same tonight I'm afraid. Hearts will park the bus and their players will know fine well they can boot fek out of the Celtic players with impunity. They will also fall to the ground at any contact/challenge and will be given the free-kick, a la Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

Porteous is a good player who still hasn't managed to remove the inevitable error(s) in his game. He may never do that, a bit like Efe, a very good defender with an error in him in every game. If he ever does then a team will get a very good defender who has pace, can pass, can tackle (occasionally legally ;)), has a good range of passing and can bring the ball out of defence.
Souttar of Hearts has similarly attributes and is also good defender but his issue is injuries and particularly glass ankles.
I quite like Porteous, he's strong, 100% committed and he puts in some shift. He makes the odd rash decision but it's down to being over committed rather than not giving a fuck. He's only 22 I think, plenty of time to mature into a really decent player.

Think we should see Ange opting for his strongest starting 11 as he sees fit tonight.
Certainly got a few decisions to be made upon his starting 11 especially with expecting Rogic and Bitton to be available again, and can't see him using this option of changing the front 3 as his subs used not unless the game is won comfortably enough.
With that in mind, I think Ange will opt for his favoured 3 in midfield of calmac, turnball and Rogic.
Still leaves the abada and Forrest option, and I think Ange will give the nod to abada just because him and Ralston have developed a better understanding than Ralston has with Forrest yet, and allows Forrest to have more influence in the game later on when it becomes more open imo.
The rest of the team picks itself atm, yet could change when Starfelt becomes available again.
Will need to be very careful from set plays as usual and look more suspect when Starfelt has been unavailable imo.
Still think we are still way to strong for these imposters and there horrible manager still, even that prick of a mib will do his best to destroy the game as a spectical but the cream always rises to the top to overcome the usual obstacles
Celtic 3-0 win
HH

The writing was on the wall early last night, (unsurprisingly). Cadden megs Barisic and skins him leaving him on his ar$e, about to put in a dangerous cross, PEEP! free kick The rangers. Morelos gives away a free kick then kicks the ball away to prevent Hibs taking it quickly. Stonewall yellow card, not from Brother Beaton though. Two shockers and we're only 10 mins in.

Goldson was lucky to have only been booked once too, even Gordon Smith commented on how fortunate he was to avoid a booking after a late tackle. Regarding the Kent dive on 85 mins. It was a dive and while idiot Porteous stuck out a leg, he actually pulled it back but Kent was already going down. Dives like this are often resulting in penalties nowadays so can see why he was able to give it, (the delight on his face at being given the opportunity too!), however, I would bet my bottom dollar if it had been at the other end with Boyle and Goldson involved, the "foul" would have been waved away, with a possible booking for Boyle for good measure.

More of the same tonight I'm afraid. Hearts will park the bus and their players will know fine well they can boot fek out of the Celtic players with impunity. They will also fall to the ground at any contact/challenge and will be given the free-kick, a la Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

Must admit, I thought the same thing with the hibs boys challenge on kunt. It was similar to abadas challenge in that he realised he wasn't winning the ball so pulled out last second....and like the sheep/hun player against Celtic, kunt knew if he hit the deck he was winning a pen....so he did. I've no doubt in my head had it been in the other box in both the hun game and the celtic v sheep game the penalty would have never been given.

Just seen headline in the blog site asking if rogic starts tonite shud it be turnbull whos dropped Instead of mcarthy???..I actually agree with that turnbulls played alot of football this first bit of the season and we need mcarthy upto speed aswell so a rest for wee div fae Motherwell the nite for me😜

Members online

Latest posts

Back