Celtic v Hearts, Celtic Park, Saturday 16th December, 3pm kick off

In defence of MJ the quality of pass he was getting from AJ was terrible. That meant he was having to stretch to get the ball under control as the first touch, giving the hearts fullback time to close him down.

On the game, Mikey Johnston's first half performance was as bad as I've ever seen from a Celtic player in 55 years of going to Celtic Park. So bad I almost felt sorry for him.
Obviously not good enough, obviously has zero confidence so why in season 23/24 is this perennial underachiever still a starter? That is where we have come in 6 months
What is really worrying to me, Gary, is that obviously he has his admirers on our coaching staff to start a match in the first place. And then, that BR allowed him even half a match on that awful performance, considering we were 2 -0 down and with time running down. We could not afford the luxury of essentially playing with ten men. It was a classic case of management by sentimentality or hope. Neither of which were acceptable under the circumstances.

Sorry to say but the combination of a manager who refuses to budge from an outdated system that everybody sussed out how to counter years ago, an absentee and unaccountable majority shareholder who thinks he can treat our club like his own personal plaything that he can pick up then toss aside whenever it suits him and the insidious overbearing influence of Del and Rodney Lawell (without any of the charm of course) is why we are where we are.

Egos egos everywhere and all the while the team and fans suffer! We need fresh blood and a new strategy in the boardroom, in the dugout and most importantly in the starting 11 otherwise it's rinse and repeat!
Perfect summation, S2.

Think we need to cam down.
There's a reason they're 2nd just now.
Yes they seem to improving. We're indifferent I'd say. We will get there. Brenda's tactics/substitutions are suspect. We'll find a way.

Think we need to cam down.
There's a reason they're 2nd just now.
Yes they seem to improving. We're indifferent I'd say. We will get there. Brenda's tactics/substitutions are suspect. We'll find a way.

Aye cos they've played 2 games less...they win them (sure the refs will lend a helping hand on that front) and we're the ones sitting 2nd. We've turned a 10 point lead into 1 point deficit in a season where they bought a lot of duds and sacked a manager Steviebhoy....the fans have a right to be somewhat pissed off me thinks.

Back