Celtic v Hearts, Celtic Park, Saturday 16th December, 3pm kick off

Whatever our collective thoughts on Rodgers appointment, mine being he was the best man for the job.
Injuries , important players sold like Starfelt ( a guy playing out of position but still the best defensive partnership I can remember in some time), £20 million or thereabouts on what ten players?

Ange played us like a fiddle but everyone wants him to do well at spurs, Rodgers calls out the hypocrisy of the board , leaves and is slaughtered for it.
I see Rodgers return as a very brave move, considering that the support were split and the guy had his house broken into with his family at home ( fkn scumbags). Who would want to come back to that ?
Perhaps a Celtic supporter who feels he has some making up to do to the Celtic supporters?
Do folk think he's lying about knocking back offers from Saudi?
I don't. And no Saudi club has said that's bs.
If we're Celtic through and through then that means back the manager through thick and thin.
Sure berate his tactics and team selections but I wonder how Ange would've coped with our on going crisis regarding player availability, I doubt he'd have fared any better.
Let's not forget either that whilst we've thrown away a very healthy lead we are still top.

I watched that final yesterday , congratulations sevco , spend that £400k you won wisely.
Truth is though they were rank .
I've been advocating for what feels like centuries , 2 to be precise 1900s and 2000s that Celtic, Sevco, Hearts , Hibs and Aberdeen should be using this tournament to play our youngsters in and give them game time. Even if the Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen refuse we should still do it.
Unless it's part of a treble the tournament is utterly useless for Celtic, £400 k might help sevco a lot but it's just a B team players transfer fee to us.
It's such a shame as it's the oldest trophy in the world of football but means nothing, sevco all happy clappers they won 4 games ffs and that's the trophy won.
Something has to change , put our B sides into the group stages like all others outside the european places otherwise wtf is the point in having a B side if East Kilbride etc are the mighty opposition, there's no growth there.
The league and Scottish Cup are all that matters.
Great post mate but asking Aberdeen hearts and Hibs to player youngsters is too much they don't win enough trophies to justify it ....I don't think the league cup is useless (maybe recently as we win it alot)but when we won it under wim it was a massive deal and we celebrated it as much as the Huns are now because we didn't have many trophies that decade...as I said it's definitely not useless maybe just winning it soo many times recently has took something away from it ....if rangers start winning leagues and hearts etc win the odd cup and it's a challenge to win trophies again I'm sure we will celebrate it more 🍀

Great post mate but asking Aberdeen hearts and Hibs to player youngsters is too much they don't win enough trophies to justify it ....I don't think the league cup is useless (maybe recently as we win it alot)but when we won it under wim it was a massive deal and we celebrated it as much as the Huns are now because we didn't have many trophies that decade...as I said it's definitely not useless maybe just winning it soo many times recently has took something away from it ....if rangers start winning leagues and hearts etc win the odd cup and it's a challenge to win trophies again I'm sure we will celebrate it more 🍀
when Souness was at the hunz they used to go all out to win that cup??we were shite for donkeys years in it…

OK so I think I've not put my point across very well, by useless what I mean is that for the top 2 clubs ( perhaps the top 1 actually, us) it serves no purpose, 400k for winning 4 games and the worlds oldest trophy? Its ridiculous, embarrassing even.
I'm not suggesting scrapping it , football and tradition go hand in hand.
Aberdeen have a B side/ reserve squad as do most spl clubs.
The lowland league experiment has failed only Hearts and Celtic still represented.

Yes there's momentum for winning a trophy , just look at the momentum St Johnstone got from doing the double....look again if you missed it 😉.
Celtic B are 10th in the lowland table and for me I don't see the benefits of our youth playing against Gala Fairydean and " I coulda been a contender 'in the past type of player , bearing in mind many of these guys were spl players for a season or two or just missed out on promotion , but the games different now at the level we want these kids to reach, hammer throwers isn't the way, route one etc not that lowland league is the only guilty party in this our top tier is too.
What has Celtic got to lose to really give our youth talent a run out in the league cup? 400k? Bragging rights?
Both Celtic and *rangers ( I'd go as far as saying clubs competiting in Europe must enter a youth side)
It's a sad state of affairs that the oldest football trophy in the world wins very little , but if you are not in Europe then that very little income would be very welcome to a partick , raith, Morton and it would become a more competitive tournament our kids be outsiders to win it but there's the challenge, get our kids playing league teams just as they play European games.
The excitement it would inject into Scottish football would be immense , possibility to welcome Welsh and Irish sides like the challenge cup.

Somethings got to change , it has to change when you consider that we are watching the best Scotland national team for a generation or more and Scottish club sides genuinely competing in Europe but is there plans to build on it?
Doubt that .

when Souness was at the hunz they used to go all out to win that cup??we were shite for donkeys years in it…
Because its the first " silverware " of the season , what I guess I'm trying to say is we shouldn't look upon it like that anymore, in fact very few countries these days are playing two cups. A league , fa Cup super cup where both winners meet

How are we to ever see these bhoys get a chance in the hoops in front of the support and a round Robin would be ideal, some of these bhoys are beating Lazio in UEFAs youth tournament then next up East Kilbride or such , btw East Kilbride are 24 points clear of Celtic B in the table. So that to me is obvious it's not working even sevco and hibs have pulled out.

I'm not even saying it has to be our kids alone in league cup representing Celtic, whom it seems are being bullied in the lowland league , a tough dividion , what about a mixture of kids and what would be considered a senior squad player but has only played less than x minutes therefore is eligible to play? If a players only played x times can be named in the league cup squad.

Just chewing the fat.

If Celtic are regressing then Scottish football is regressing, but is it regressing?
Idt so, its on the up i think, Aberdeen beating Eintracht Frankfurt 2-0 when they'd just beaten Bayern days before 5-1, Celtic's long run of bad luck and terrible play ended in the champions league when we FINALLY got the luck our play has long deserved against top seeds Feyenoord knocking them out in the process, sevco won in Spain against the side who'd just drawn 1-1 with real Madrid, Scotland have qualified for the Euros automatically and gave Spain a run for their money, Scotland also open the world cup ( we do that quite a lot and we do it well) taking the lead against Brazil John Collins never forget it , deserved a point.

Anyway digression, it don't sound like Scottish football is regressing to me progressing if anything.
It's disconcerting or it can be when we see our lead dissappear but technically it hasn't not totally we'll win 3 games and top the table winter break , even if not table topping when we get our players back we will see the difference again. Abada I pray stays and gets the biggest ovation possible for being caught in this nightmare nothing to do with him as is many others.

Starting to tangent see its ½3 a.m
Oh! On a side tangent, got my brother matt corrs Majic, Stan and the king of Japan out the Celtic shop yesterday, dying to read it but I cant do that , can I?.😅

🎶NO I WONT DO THAT🎶

OK so I think I've not put my point across very well, by useless what I mean is that for the top 2 clubs ( perhaps the top 1 actually, us) it serves no purpose, 400k for winning 4 games and the worlds oldest trophy? Its ridiculous, embarrassing even.
I'm not suggesting scrapping it , football and tradition go hand in hand.
Aberdeen have a B side/ reserve squad as do most spl clubs.
The lowland league experiment has failed only Hearts and Celtic still represented.

Yes there's momentum for winning a trophy , just look at the momentum St Johnstone got from doing the double....look again if you missed it 😉.
Celtic B are 10th in the lowland table and for me I don't see the benefits of our youth playing against Gala Fairydean and " I coulda been a contender 'in the past type of player , bearing in mind many of these guys were spl players for a season or two or just missed out on promotion , but the games different now at the level we want these kids to reach, hammer throwers isn't the way, route one etc not that lowland league is the only guilty party in this our top tier is too.
What has Celtic got to lose to really give our youth talent a run out in the league cup? 400k? Bragging rights?
Both Celtic and *rangers ( I'd go as far as saying clubs competiting in Europe must enter a youth side)
It's a sad state of affairs that the oldest football trophy in the world wins very little , but if you are not in Europe then that very little income would be very welcome to a partick , raith, Morton and it would become a more competitive tournament our kids be outsiders to win it but there's the challenge, get our kids playing league teams just as they play European games.
The excitement it would inject into Scottish football would be immense , possibility to welcome Welsh and Irish sides like the challenge cup.

Somethings got to change , it has to change when you consider that we are watching the best Scotland national team for a generation or more and Scottish club sides genuinely competing in Europe but is there plans to build on it?
Doubt that .
I would scrap the League Cup or at least make a change to the format. Under 25s only say?

Just so you know, it is the Scottish Cup that is the World's oldest cup in football rather than the League Cup.

Because its the first " silverware " of the season , what I guess I'm trying to say is we shouldn't look upon it like that anymore, in fact very few countries these days are playing two cups. A league , fa Cup super cup where both winners meet

How are we to ever see these bhoys get a chance in the hoops in front of the support and a round Robin would be ideal, some of these bhoys are beating Lazio in UEFAs youth tournament then next up East Kilbride or such , btw East Kilbride are 24 points clear of Celtic B in the table. So that to me is obvious it's not working even sevco and hibs have pulled out.

I'm not even saying it has to be our kids alone in league cup representing Celtic, whom it seems are being bullied in the lowland league , a tough dividion , what about a mixture of kids and what would be considered a senior squad player but has only played less than x minutes therefore is eligible to play? If a players only played x times can be named in the league cup squad.

Just chewing the fat.

If Celtic are regressing then Scottish football is regressing, but is it regressing?
Idt so, its on the up i think, Aberdeen beating Eintracht Frankfurt 2-0 when they'd just beaten Bayern days before 5-1, Celtic's long run of bad luck and terrible play ended in the champions league when we FINALLY got the luck our play has long deserved against top seeds Feyenoord knocking them out in the process, sevco won in Spain against the side who'd just drawn 1-1 with real Madrid, Scotland have qualified for the Euros automatically and gave Spain a run for their money, Scotland also open the world cup ( we do that quite a lot and we do it well) taking the lead against Brazil John Collins never forget it , deserved a point.

Anyway digression, it don't sound like Scottish football is regressing to me progressing if anything.
It's disconcerting or it can be when we see our lead dissappear but technically it hasn't not totally we'll win 3 games and top the table winter break , even if not table topping when we get our players back we will see the difference again. Abada I pray stays and gets the biggest ovation possible for being caught in this nightmare nothing to do with him as is many others.

Starting to tangent see its ½3 a.m
Oh! On a side tangent, got my brother matt corrs Majic, Stan and the king of Japan out the Celtic shop yesterday, dying to read it but I cant do that , can I?.😅

🎶NO I WONT DO THAT🎶
Your right about the league cup mate all for that…a also think it wouldn’t be right “ not” to have a quick swatch through they books just in case they have nude pictures or foul language 🤷‍♂️it’s for his benefit really👍

I would scrap the League Cup or at least make a change to the format. Under 25s only say?

Just so you know, it is the Scottish Cup that is the World's oldest cup in football rather than the League Cup.
So it is Bridie, keeping me on my toes as usual, and as usual it was just a wee test to see who'd spy the mistake , ehm error , ehm planted error 🤥 it was ½3 in the morning tbf 😅

So it is Bridie, keeping me on my toes as usual, and as usual it was just a wee test to see who'd spy the mistake , ehm error , ehm planted error 🤥 it was ½3 in the morning tbf 😅
Ffs yi wir wrong The test tube wiz rite again
And again and again and again
Feel furhiz misses
Ize almost jokin
But whit bit 😉

HH luvyiz

Last edited:
Ffs yi wir wrong The test tube wiz rite again
And again and again and again
Feel furhiz misses
Use almost jokin
But whit bit 😉

HH luvyiz
It was a test jammie, I thought somebody would have spied it earlier , then I noticed there was only a couple of members, and 3,000 guest viewers online but it's good to know the noisererers know their nonsense when they see it.
Especially that Bridie wan always proof reading my posts 🤷🏻‍♂️

It was a test jammie, I thought somebody would have spied it earlier , then I noticed there was only a couple of members, and 3,000 guest viewers online but it's good to know the noisererers know their nonsense when they see it.
Somebody has to keep you guys under control. Honestly, it is like care in the community on here sometimes. Fortunately I dinnae have any of this nonsense at home as my missus is always correct!

Ffs I thought it said poof reading thought that’s out of order put ma specs oan phew R

HH😉

Somebody has to keep you guys under control. Honestly, it is like care in the community on here sometimes. Fortunately I dinnae have any of this nonsense at home as my missus is always correct!
Yir soondin Like a Tory there look uve said it.
Sorry mr Lawweell

HH🫣

Yir soondin Like a Tory there look uve said it.
Sorry mr Lawweell

HH🫣
Me? A Tory? Of course I am. Why, I made £100m profit on PPE equipment that wasn't fit for purpose during the pandemic, thanks to a kind recommendation from the wonderful Douglas Ross for my brand new company registered in my dog's name. I am just slumming it with you plebs on the Noise from my luxury yacht offshore the Bahamas.

Me? A Tory? Of course I am. Why, I made £100m profit on PPE equipment that wasn't fit for purpose during the pandemic, thanks to a kind recommendation from the wonderful Douglas Ross for my brand new company registered in my dog's name. I am just slumming it with you plebs on the Noise from my luxury yacht offshore the Bahamas.
Red caird red caird red Carpet
Looking fur help wi the packing pal
is it raining and cauld hope yi git sun burn 🔥
Ps can also scrub the decks and dust yir holly
La la la la la la lah la la la Pal

HH😉

Back