Celtic v Hearts - Premiership, Sunday 25 August

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Our last league game of the month and the one before we go to racist Ibrox which will be heaving with their racist fans singing their racist songs.

It is absolutely essential that we win this match, preferably quite comfortably. With one eye on Stockholm expect the likes of Ntcham to start, which will give me loads more to do when Sandman's Player Ratings come in! Bitton is also likely to start and there could be a place for Leigh Griffiths, who looked well off the pace last Saturday against Dunfermline.

Who will be in goals? Assuming it's not Scott Bain who might still be injured, its a choice between Craig Gordon and Fraser Forster, who reckons he's ready to go straight into the team.

Edouard is playing so well, he's got to start, perhaps playing until the game is won then getting a rest? Scott Brown is likely to sit this one out.

The defence looked assured against AIK and with the keeper competition hotting up the man with the gloves will want a clean sheet, so going for Hearts Nil. How many will we score? I reckon two.

Likely team

Gordon

Ajer Simunovic Jullien Bolingoli

McGregor Bitton

Forrest Ntcham Christie

Edouard

All comments here please...

Same team as Thursday WC. Need to start gelling only change is if Elhamed is fit but I would keep him till next Thursday/Sunday
Liked the look and energy of Bayo.
NFL has a tough call.
Like TV fancy we’re gonna pump the Mini’s
4/5-0. Corpus CalMac MJ and Eddy and one from a corner Simo ?
Mon the Hoops

HH ?

We need to go for it against them. Make an example out of them. We need a good run of momentum to go into the Glasgow derby. We can't have stutters. Confidence is key.

We do need to smash them.

Hate saying this but its my opinion.

Their a physical team and boli is the weak link. He’ll crumble.

Also big julien shitting out of ariel challenges in shit isn’t great attribute for the mini h

One genuine worry for us is the hammer-throwing antics of them. Though Naebaws isn't playing, and he's an evil little shithouse, while that big Haring wanker is also another one who likes to leave it on players and is also injured. But they still have that typical thug mentality like any Levein side. Hopefully no unwanted injuries.

I would be resting Jozo for the diet huns game. And even if fit I would leave Hammy in the stand.

So given that the 433 was a success against the flat pack people, my guesstimate is.

The WA

Kris Chris Nir Boli.

Ollie Broonie The Ferryman

Jamsie Eddie Corpus.

With Mikey Leigh Bayo Jonny Lewis Craigie and Jozo being the bench warmers.

4 nil Celtic, Wannabe with 2, Corpus and Boli with the others.

H.H

Hearts will play in a similar way to AIK last night. Defend deep, target our perceived weak points at the back (Boli and Jozo) and try to hit us on the break. They’ll kick and foul with impunity and Collum will allow it.
We should play same starting 11 as last night except Ntcham for Brown with McGregor the deep lying midfielder.

Sorry WC have to disagree, this constant chopping and changing of personnel needs to be nipped in the bud here and now. How can we expect any degree of consistency if the team is constantly changing from one game to the next and how can we expect the likes of Boli and Julien to settle into the team properly if they're constantly having to adjust to an ever changing line up.

A good defence/midfield partnership is built on players understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the guy playing next to/in front of them, if that's constantly changing from game to game then all we're going to end up with is an erratic back 4 and the same goes for the wings and central midfield. The team with it's new additions needs to gel and that won't happen with continuous tinkering. Lenny needs to identify his favoured first 11 and stick with it until injury dictates otherwise.

We'll be better for it in the long run.

HH WC(y)

Last edited:
Sorry WC have to disagree, this constant chopping and changing of personnel needs to be nipped in the bud here and now. How can we expect any degree of consistency if the team is constantly changing from one game to the next and how can we expect the likes of Boli and Julien to settle into the team properly if they're constantly having to adjust to an ever changing line up.

A good defence/midfield partnership is built on players understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the guy playing next to/in front of them, if that's constantly changing from game to game then all we're going to end up with is an erratic back 4 and the same goes for the wings and central midfield. The team with it's new additions needs to gel and that won't happen with continuous tinkering. Lenny needs to identify his favoured first 11 and stick with it until injury dictates otherwise.

We'll be better for it in the long run.

HH WC(y)
I'm all for having a Plan B and a Plan C, but they're only worthwhile if you have a Plan A to begin with.

The time for experimentation came and went with pre-season and league cup ties. It's possible that Celtic may have to win 30 league games this season due to the questionable quality of our league. If that's the case, then Lenny has to find his most effective XI and manage the squad to cover for injury, suspension and fatigue.

Even if we do spend some cash in the next 10-days, it's still not certain that these purchases will be game ready. If Lenny knows his team then he has to play it hard and often.

Our last league game of the month and the one before we go to racist Ibrox which will be heaving with their racist fans singing their racist songs.

It is absolutely essential that we win this match, preferably quite comfortably. With one eye on Stockholm expect the likes of Ntcham to start, which will give me loads more to do when Sandman's Player Ratings come in! Bitton is also likely to start and there could be a place for Leigh Griffiths, who looked well off the pace last Saturday against Dunfermline.

Who will be in goals? Assuming it's not Scott Bain who might still be injured, its a choice between Craig Gordon and Fraser Forster, who reckons he's ready to go straight into the team.

Edouard is playing so well, he's got to start, perhaps playing until the game is won then getting a rest? Scott Brown is likely to sit this one out.

The defence looked assured against AIK and with the keeper competition hotting up the man with the gloves will want a clean sheet, so going for Hearts Nil. How many will we score? I reckon two.

Likely team

Gordon

Ajer Simunovic Jullien Bolingoli

McGregor Bitton

Forrest Ntcham Christie

Edouard

All comments here please...
Thats a good team for me that 11 will get goals against they caber tossers it may take time but the dam will burst just hope we stay injury free HH

Back