Celtic v Jablonec

Maybe I’m being a party pooper here ghuys but I thought in the 2nd 45 we were very sloppy at times. We let them get back in the game for a couple of uncomfortable periods. They weren’t a bad side but against a better team those lapses in concentration might have killed us. Ange didn’t look too happy on occasion either.
The improvement in performance vs last season is clear but I’d like to see a totally focussed 90 vs the minis on Sunday. Between that and the Saints game let’s put the fear of god intae the huns.

Maybe I’m being a party pooper here ghuys but I thought in the 2nd 45 we were very sloppy at times. We let them get back in the game for a couple of uncomfortable periods. They weren’t a bad side but against a better team those lapses in concentration might have killed us. Ange didn’t look too happy on occasion either.
The improvement in performance vs last season is clear but I’d like to see a totally focussed 90 vs the minis on Sunday. Between that and the Saints game let’s put the fear of god intae the huns.
The team is still getting to know each other, so the solidity will come through playing together a bit more
They did seem to be a bit fatigued in the second half but that was probably down to the constant downpour and the pirch being heavy in places
Wee Abada was missed right from the start imho, although Jamesie was on form
With Kyogo willing to make the runs and show fo the ball, we'll slice up more than a few teams, including the Huns
Loved how we fought back for every ball after we lost it
I laughed at david Turnbull and Greg Taylor as they walked towards the tunnel at full time, DT made a gesture at the 'flick the wee man did during the game, and they both laughed
Stephen Welsh did one too, superb drag back and moved forward, much to the delight and roar, of the appreciative crowd
We might see James McCarthy this weekend, as he doesn't mind 'getting in about it' when the cluggers start their shite

COYBIG

That is true but also not that unexpected really. The players' fitness levels dropped off a lot over the last 18 months so this will take a lot of hard work on the training field and in the gym before we truly see the rewards of it. Bear in mind to that Ange demands a much higher tempo than these players are used plus the tie being effectively over I think it is understandable. But Ange kept pushing them and made sensible substitutions to give others a decent run out to get their match fitness levels up too. I was also delighted to see CalMac subbed off - we need to use him wisely to get the most from him.

We are a work in progress and we will undoubtedly struggle in some games over the next few months, but I believe it will be worth it and will lead to success.

Last edited:
Most of us on here were saying only a few weeks ago that it was gonna take a season for ange to sort this mess out. We're only a few games in and already we're a different team from last year. Just ask Peter cunnah......

Most of us on here were saying only a few weeks ago that it was gonna take a season for ange to sort this mess out. We're only a few games in and already we're a different team from last year. Just ask Peter cunnah......
You're correct TD, I was one of those who thought it would be too big an ask to build a title winning side at the first attempt.However, the difference in the level of performances this season is there for all to see. We now have a degree of optimism regarding our quest to return the championship to its rightful place. The progress we've made SO FAR is very uplifting. Being the cautious individual that I am, I'm not looking too far ahead. More improvement needed.

You're correct TD, I was one of those who thought it would be too big an ask to build a title winning side at the first attempt.However, the difference in the level of performances this season is there for all to see. We now have a degree of optimism regarding our quest to return the championship to its rightful place. The progress we've made SO FAR is very uplifting. Being the cautious individual that I am, I'm not looking too far ahead. More improvement needed.
No Frank..... More recruitment..... and no time to waste now. We cannot compete in Europe, 2 domestic cups, and a league title with the current squad in my opinion. We are still 4 or 5 players short. We will kill off any enthusiasm by having exhausted players. Look if you will at what the Rat did to KT and almost the same to CalMac.

Back