Celtic v Livingston - Celtic Park Wed.21st Dec, 7.45pm

Missed the game, but will check the highlights (if there's any going by the posts on here, didn't seem much of a game)
I hate when I check highlights on the tube and it's all wee daft video gamers with their wee subbuteo graphics on there, instead of the actual real game
Get a fucking life ya wee dobbers
Anyway, another 3 points in the pokey and we go to Camp Zoo in just over a week
COYBIG

Well that turned into a bit of a slog tonight knew that the 3rd goal was getting chopped off seen the linesman holding his earpiece and talking if he thought it offside then he should have put his flag up which he didn't still 3points in the bag and another game down. Oh and their goal was pretty dismal defending from .our guys

Good first half performance, not so good in the second. Totally dominated and they hardly threatened even when we weren't playing that well.
Abada MOTM, Kyogo played well but there was a few were well off tonight (Jota and Hatate in particular were poor).
Haksabanovic and Bernabei linked up well when they came on and looked like they would create more than Jota and Taylor did. Taylor did OK at RB after Ralston went off so can see him starting there on Saturday if Ralston is missing (I think JJ not due back until next week).
16 wins out of 17 so cant complain. Onwards to Christmas Eve and another game against a team that will sit very deep and in numbers.

Just hame wet, cauld & fuckin raging. The amount of cross balls that were
missed at the back post tonight. Would have buried Livi, that wee
c🤡nt Marthundale & parking the bus, nae player attacking the back post WTF? 🤬 Aye 3pts but we should have buried they C🤡NTS

Delighted for Kyogo getting his goal tonight. There's been some amount of nonsense written about him, mainly from Celtic supporters online and social media, about him not scoring enough, not as good as last season etc.
He is now joint top scorer in the league with 11 goals in 15 games. He scores every 86 minutes he's on the pitch. We are not even half way through the league so is probably on a 25+ goal season if he stays fit. His movement and workmate also can't be underestimated.

Disappointed tonight. I know three points in the bag. I could critise the whole team on that performance, but 3, points in bag it's what counts.You all know how teams set against us it's frustrating but we are Celtic c,mon ffs we should be putting teams to the sword 🗡️. Ange I know will make the right decisions in January and will bring players in who will make that differcence. We will get there in the end.HH🍀🍀

Just hame wet, cauld & fuckin raging. The amount of cross balls that were
missed at the back post tonight. Would have buried Livi, that wee
c🤡nt Marthundale & parking the bus, nae player attacking the back post WTF? 🤬 Aye 3pts but we should have buried they C🤡NTS
Wet big man you need a boax 🤣🤣🤣

If we take the VAR incidents aside as has been said Ange is clearly not overall happy with the performance tonight. As much as we are saying first half was good there were still a few off it and the lack of someone getting on the end of the many squared balls in the 6 yard box was frustrating.
In the end we get the 3 points and that's all that matters of course but sounds like Ange will be changing the starting personell for Saturday as he said based on tonight's performance. Onwards

If we take the VAR incidents aside as has been said Ange is clearly not overall happy with the performance tonight. As much as we are saying first half was good there were still a few off it and the lack of someone getting on the end of the many squared balls in the 6 yard box was frustrating.
In the end we get the 3 points and that's all that matters of course but sounds like Ange will be changing the starting personell for Saturday as he said based on tonight's performance. Onwards
Haven't seen or heard what Ange had to say on the game Mag7, but I would imagine he'll be as frustrated as the rest of us at the number of balls being played into the box with nobody getting on the end of them. Kyogo is getting a bit of stick from some quarters but he's pulling defenders all over the place. Perhaps our midfielders should be chipping in and making use of any space in the box. I know we got that scorcher from the skipper up at Aberdeen, but that was from a fair distance out.

Ok noisers let's think about V.A.R. Tonight it was ludicrous Abada scores it was imo a goal. Yet VAR says no goal. This is contentious without a doubt. Obviously the system is going against us. God knows what will happen on 2 January against the other team. It's time our board got some balls and stood up for Celtic Football Club. Now to me the board seems intent on saving the old firm status quo. The other team are dead why don't our board come out enmasse and say that.We don't owe that other team nothing

Haven't seen or heard what Ange had to say on the game Mag7, but I would imagine he'll be as frustrated as the rest of us at the number of balls being played into the box with nobody getting on the end of them. Kyogo is getting a bit of stick from some quarters but he's pulling defenders all over the place. Perhaps our midfielders should be chipping in and making use of any space in the box. I know we got that scorcher from the skipper up at Aberdeen, but that was from a fair distance out.
Think it was mentioned Frank to Ange on Celtic tv interview after the match that there might be a forced change due to Tony the tiger injury ..Ange said he'll see how he is but added there will be changes based on tonight's performance anyway.

Are you Tom English? That's what he said on Sportsound post match🤔
😂 Naw. Hopefully I'm not that much of a dickhead. But you know the saying "great minds" and all that. So I now know my intellectual limitations are massive. But seriously, it is just my own feeling after Ange's interview. I hope I am wrong, but in all honesty I would not blame the man.

Last edited:
One thing from the last two matches for me was Starfelt's improved passing. Much quicker and with pace. No dilly dallying, trying to make his mind up, then being closed down and ultimately being panicked in to a poor pass or getting caught in possession like before. Good coaching. I always felt it was a big flaw in his game.

I think O'Riley would benefit by contributing from the bench for few games. As is common with youngsters his form has dropped slightly. Fortunately we are blessed with many other midfield options.

CalMac & Mooy are both so skillful and intelligent footbalers that they should ww able to bring the best out of each other but on the few occasions they have started together they haven't quite clicked yet. It may happen soon but this is my only doubt about starting both by resting O'Riley, so maybe Turnbull will get the nod?

I have been saying for a long time I'd love a natural penalty box poacher for our domestic games. It seems like many others are coming round to the same conclusion these days. No harm to our current attackers who i love but we need to start making the most of so many spurned chances.

At the moment winning 3 points is what matters most. At the end of a season no fans of the Champions ever moan about games in the autumn and winter being closer than they should have been.

Back