Celtic v Livingston - Celtic Park Wed.21st Dec, 7.45pm

One thing from the last two matches for me was Starfelt's improved passing. Much quicker and with pace. No dilly dallying, trying to make his mind up, then being closed down and ultimately being panicked in to a poor pass or getting caught in possession like before. Good coaching. I always felt it was a big flaw in his game.
An excellent point POD. Us fans underestimate how different the game in Scotland must be for incomers. Usually players are closed quickly as the pace of the game is quicker and so often opponents are allowed to put the boot in high and late against our players. No wonder he struggled a wee bit.

Haven't seen or heard what Ange had to say on the game Mag7, but I would imagine he'll be as frustrated as the rest of us at the number of balls being played into the box with nobody getting on the end of them. Kyogo is getting a bit of stick from some quarters but he's pulling defenders all over the place. Perhaps our midfielders should be chipping in and making use of any space in the box. I know we got that scorcher from the skipper up at Aberdeen, but that was from a fair distance out.
He didn't seem impressed by our lack of getting on the end of balls across the 6 yard line
I think big GG will start this weekend, he at least gets tore in and 'eats the breid' as we used to say
Ange also said he doesn't want to talk about VAR, as he's already addressed the shortfalls of it, for almost every team in Scotland, bar one
We should be peppering the opposition goal ,from 25 yards out, when they park the bus in their own half
Imagine following that mob and having to watch that shite, week in, week out
Wee Taylor was a bit slow at their goal out of position and was off balance when the guy slid in to poke it home
Still, the wee man always gives 100% and we'll continue to win, even if it's not pretty, it's the 3 points that count
It's Mon eh Celts...not Moany Celts
HH

I think O'Riley would benefit by contributing from the bench for few games. As is common with youngsters his form has dropped slightly. Fortunately we are blessed with many other midfield options.

CalMac & Mooy are both so skillful and intelligent footbalers that they should ww able to bring the best out of each other but on the few occasions they have started together they haven't quite clicked yet. It may happen soon but this is my only doubt about starting both by resting O'Riley, so maybe Turnbull will get the nod?

I have been saying for a long time I'd love a natural penalty box poacher for our domestic games. It seems like many others are coming round to the same conclusion these days. No harm to our current attackers who i love but we need to start making the most of so many spurned chances.

At the moment winning 3 points is what matters most. At the end of a season no fans of the Champions ever moan about games in the autumn and winter being closer than they should have been.
Lot of pressure on the Bhoy, but a bit of a rest might be in order, and have him come on for the last half hour
HH

Last edited:
Think it was mentioned Frank to Ange on Celtic tv interview after the match that there might be a forced change due to Tony the tiger injury ..Ange said he'll see how he is but added there will be changes based on tonight's performance anyway.
think wee Jamsie will appear in one of the games and think he might have been played at some point tonight but Ange decided to give the midfield a rest with Turnbull and Mooy appearing, also wee Jota and Hatae rested, the latter looked leggy. Big week ahead with games coming fast and furious, I think Ange meant change for change sake and allow recovery to key players when able to.

Saw Livingston's social media being smart arses
A Celtic fan apparently tweeted how they were embarrassing
They replied:
'Goals to attempts ratio 100%'

One shot on goal in 90 minutes, fucking embarrassing
As I've said before, how much of a dumbfuck do you have to be, to waste your money following that shower ?

COYBIG

I think maybe we're being a bit harsh folks: I thought the first half was decent enough. While I completely agree with the frustration created by letting chances go a begging, I think the build up play during that period was acceptable.
These bhoys have been terrific so far this season, but they're not robots; they will have periods when their form dips a bit.
By all means I hope Ange continues to utilis the squad in the manner we've become accustomed to. Wholesale changes though? Nah, just start to bury a higher percentage of those chances and we'll be fine.

😂 Naw. Hopefully I'm not that much of a dickhead. But you know the saying "great minds" and all that. So I now know my intellectual limitations are massive. But seriously, it is just my own feeling after Ange's interview. I hope I am wrong, but in all honesty I would not blame the man.
Did seem downbeat after two important, well deserved if not overly impressive wins.
Hopefully it's just the winter blues and the lack of the ...the thing that comes in the sky in the daytime.
Would be shocked if theres anything here he wasn't up to speed on before he arrived.

Our WC was castigated for calling it right at the start, now we see the MSM and the MIBs working hand in hand and that's no surprise to us , see it every season.

He may well be down but I cant see him leave before his time because of that, more likely to stay if anything.

What worries me more of his demeanor is that its coincided with the new chairman's appointment.

I think O'Riley would benefit by contributing from the bench for few games. As is common with youngsters his form has dropped slightly. Fortunately we are blessed with many other midfield options.

CalMac & Mooy are both so skillful and intelligent footbalers that they should ww able to bring the best out of each other but on the few occasions they have started together they haven't quite clicked yet. It may happen soon but this is my only doubt about starting both by resting O'Riley, so maybe Turnbull will get the nod?

I have been saying for a long time I'd love a natural penalty box poacher for our domestic games. It seems like many others are coming round to the same conclusion these days. No harm to our current attackers who i love but we need to start making the most of so many spurned chances.

At the moment winning 3 points is what matters most. At the end of a season no fans of the Champions ever moan about games in the autumn and winter being closer than they should have been.
Would not surprise me if that's what we see at Mordor.
Big Mooy looking so assured since returning from Qatar though only seen cameos Its going to take more from Oriley than that to keep him out i think.

3 pts are all that matters for now.
2 games back and totally dominant both games.
The goals will return I'm sure, even man city cant blow everyone away .

I'd be far more concerned if we werent dominating, creating and winning.
We are so I'll take these stinky 3 pts every time just now.

Missed the game, but will check the highlights (if there's any going by the posts on here, didn't seem much of a game)
I hate when I check highlights on the tube and it's all wee daft video gamers with their wee subbuteo graphics on there, instead of the actual real game
Get a fucking life ya wee dobbers
Anyway, another 3 points in the pokey and we go to Camp Zoo in just over a week
COYBIG
Brain damage those vids are.
Though we do have two of (" the best gamers in the world ") who represent Celtic online , not sure what if anything theyve won tbh but there is a big market for it.

Doesnt make it any less infuriating when you want to see the game and realise it cant be Celtic v Livingston in America 🤷🏼‍♂️😡

3 points in the bag , move on to the st Johnstone bus
The st johnstone bus 😂
Im hopeful saints will have more of a go , they usually do.
Those 6 pts in the bag are huge.
Especially when they 'just' kept their season alive.

Had we not taken 6pts from 6 then the beale factor is making us panic type headlines would be out in force.
They are the ones struggling, we haven't required any mib/VAR help and we could very easily be 13 pts clear right now.

The saints game is now a huge game, win that and the keechs ower there will be soiled over our visit.
We are doing what we have to do, win.
We arent scraping wins , even the pittodrie , late goal win was thoroughly deserved.

This is squeaky bum time of the season and it is their bums that are squeaking , they cant afford to drop points not one or their seasons over.

Been a tough watch the last two games and a poor advert for Scottish football but we've been taking care of business despite that HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back