Celtic v Livingston - Saturday 6 April, Home of the 8IAR Champions

Reading other b,gos we seem to e in the poop that is what the others want. We have so called true supporters not going to renew season tickets. Not tic fans. infiltration.

I am in a rant due to past, posters supplied us with controversial posts and decent music depending on taste. Angry very.

What players did Neil Lennon sign?.None ..It's not his team.The problem lies with the players not the manager..He picked a very strong team today and they flopped.
Teams set out their stand, in an effort to frustrate us
???exactly my response Sham no words fit enough mate..... well there are but ?? HH?
They crammed their box and tried to hit us on the break and if it wasn't for Broony heading the ball away in our box, they'd have scored
Woeful game to watch, no imagination
HH

Ok ok, we know they'd play with 11 behind the ball but that happens to most of the top teams, what matters is how do you deal with it. You're not telling me all 11 of livi's player didnt put a foot wrong all day? They did, trouble is we dont capitalise on their mistakes and ruthlessly punish them for it. Look at us when we play the better teams in Europe, usually we make a mistake somewhere and bang, we're a goal down. I've watched our so called flair players try to do a fancy slide rule pass, a wee flick or a clever reverse when all thats required is a simple one two or a pass in front of the player to run on to.

As for our forwards they need a good kick up the arse. FFS some very easy chances went begging yesterday. We MADE their keeper look good, the shots he saved were either right at him or within arms reach. Put some power behind the ball.
And dont get me started on corners and free kicks, what the feck do they do in training all week? Is it a wee stretch here a wee jog there, a wee run around the traffic cones?
Fuck sake get them trying something/anything different,. Tell the next cunt who boots the ball straight over the heads of everyone to the other corner he's getting fined a weeks wages.
We've been lucky since Lenny arrived back, golfer Gary Player once said, 'the more I practice, the luckier I get', we should hang that on the dressing room wall.

What we saw yesterday is what is coming next season ,especially at home 10 men behind the ball!!!!!even at a lot of away games ! Frustrate us ,we will find it hard to open these teams up, truth is they know how to play against us ?limit our clear cut chances ,there is no guarantee we will take any !if and when they arise,it is the nature of the game now ,can’t beat us by football skill,so go down this road , very frustrating , but we have to find a way to counter it now ,hh

Reading other b,gos we seem to e in the poop that is what the others want. We have so called true supporters not going to renew season tickets. Not tic fans. infiltration.
After nearly 50 years of going home ,away and abroad I think I have the right to say I’ve had enough...
So when making statements take time to find out about others and there backgrounds before attacking them.
HAIL HAIL ??

For someone who's not trying to be negative you're doing some job

God forbid you ever try and be negative

The PROZAC manufacturers would be turning cartwheels

HH?
I don’t need PROZAC B ,I can see things logically , can see how this is playing out ,still say Lenny is not for me, many on here have same opinion,you just posted about different senarios,re who wins what and how it would pan out if this happened or that happened!!!!, to be honest the huns won’t win by one point !we will get over the line sooner rather than later,now is not the prob, but COULD be next season ,hh

The problem here is were playing the same go to guys every week,13 points clear,at home to livi and a semi final next week,surely fresh legs for this game,young henderson,hayes,toljan etc etc,why the hell were not resting keiran and calmac before next week at hampden is beyond me.The main men are defo looking a bit jaded,a hangover from rodgers tenure,huge squad but half them nowhere near good enough,hence the same core carrying us most of the time.
This surprised me as well as these are the guys who will play at hampden and lenny has spoken of fatigue before so if it's really the case give them some recoup time. This result has been coming we have been lucky to dodge it until after that rangers victory.

Ok ok, we know they'd play with 11 behind the ball but that happens to most of the top teams, what matters is how do you deal with it. You're not telling me all 11 of livi's player didnt put a foot wrong all day? They did, trouble is we dont capitalise on their mistakes and ruthlessly punish them for it. Look at us when we play the better teams in Europe, usually we make a mistake somewhere and bang, we're a goal down. I've watched our so called flair players try to do a fancy slide rule pass, a wee flick or a clever reverse when all thats required is a simple one two or a pass in front of the player to run on to.

As for our forwards they need a good kick up the arse. FFS some very easy chances went begging yesterday. We MADE their keeper look good, the shots he saved were either right at him or within arms reach. Put some power behind the ball.
And dont get me started on corners and free kicks, what the feck do they do in training all week? Is it a wee stretch here a wee jog there, a wee run around the traffic cones?
Fuck sake get them trying something/anything different,. Tell the next cunt who boots the ball straight over the heads of everyone to the other corner he's getting fined a weeks wages.
We've been lucky since Lenny arrived back, golfer Gary Player once said, 'the more I practice, the luckier I get', we should hang that on the dressing room wall.
Well said Bri,I can still remember when teams had,oh, what did they call them......ah yes WINGERS, and if a corner,they stayed and kicked the ball into the box, none of this, midfielders or strikers such as Griff (who is needed in the box) taking the kick.an other gripe I have is well paid,so called players who can't kick with the other foot. In training,i would have them lined up and kick the ball against a wall with their weaker foot until they are comfortable using it. HH

This surprised me as well as these are the guys who will play at hampden and lenny has spoken of fatigue before so if it's really the case give them some recoup time. This result has been coming we have been lucky to dodge it until after that rangers victory.
I don't get it at all,could have risked injuries too,also possibility of extra
time

Yesterday was just a repeat of the St Mirren game midweek and many other games this season, lack of intent, lack of creativity, lack of imagination and no variation to our play. Our game has become laboured and robotic, the players keep falling into the same predictable patterns and the management keep employing the same predictable tactics and if we are being honest if it wasn't for a few last minute breaks of the ball and moments of individual brilliance lately we would have dropped a shitload of points.

Teams park the bus against us for a very good reason, they know it stunts our style of play. People can complain all they want about it being anti-football but opposition teams have every right to set their stalls out the way they see fit. We hold an advantage in both finances and talent at our disposal over the rest of the league and if they think parking the bus against us gives them their best chance of getting something from the game then they are fully entitled to use those tactics, why the hell should the opposition play the way WE want them to?

It's up to our management and our players to find a solution to this and therein lies the problem, apart from a few personnel changes here and there their solution is just more of the same. Teams sit deep, we try to draw them out by knocking it around our back line and midfield looking for spaces to open up, they hold firm refuse to be drawn out and because of the way we've set up we're left with no option but to try to play through them which means more often than not they can then crowd us out. Like I said above 99% of the time we've ended up narrowly winning these games due to an opposition slip up or and individual piece of brilliance but we can't keep relying on that because our luck will eventually run out like it did yesterday.

We shouldn't be relying on opposition fuck-ups or individuals pulling our arses out the fire so often, we have superior players all over the pitch compared to the rest of the SPFL and it's about time we started showing it. The tactics need to change and the players need to be able to adapt and vary their play when required.

If teams sit deep then never mind trying to draw them out or trying to cutely play through them with possession football, lay fucking siege to their goal by throwing in cross after cross, taking shot after shot, from distance when we have to and close range when we can, mix it up so much down both flanks and through the middle that they have no idea what area of the pitch to cover. Overwhelm them with pace and wave after wave of this to the point that they buckle under the pressure of it all and when they do eventually have to come out to relieve the pressure switch back to the possession game. We know we have the players to do this as we had an element of this to our play in BR's first season and NO team could counter it, that's where we need to get back to and if that means different players have to come in to make it work then Lenny and Co. need to get it done.

Was always gony be a tight game i thought especially with them having 11 behind the ball.See a few people having digs at Lenny saying the footballs dire,wasnt much better under Brendan at times this season,Lennys came in at a difficult time so i wont slate the guy.He might not be the long term option but il back the guy while hes here and hopefully watch him win the treble ??

Was always gony be a tight game i thought especially with them having 11 behind the ball.See a few people having digs at Lenny saying the footballs dire,wasnt much better under Brendan at times this season,Lennys came in at a difficult time so i wont slate the guy.He might not be the long term option but il back the guy while hes here and hopefully watch him win the treble ??
Think you will find that most of those who are not wanting Lennon are also backing him in the short term.. it’s the long term issue we been going on about
HAIL HAIL ??

Think you will find that most of those who are not wanting Lennon are also backing him in the short term.. it’s the long term issue we been going on about
HAIL HAIL ??
NL is a legend for all the right reasons, as a person every celt would and should support him. Feels to me that PL knows this, knows he can pull his strings and hopes that the BR legacy can pull us over the line. Kennedy had a lot of promise as a player, but like collins, no fire to influence others. It frightens me , seeing our defence that he actually might influence other areas. The goals against stats dont stand against good opposition. He has all the makings of a patsy. seeing him next to NL is very worrying for me.

Members online

Latest posts

Back