CELTIC v minis 🤮

We had more than 30 shots against Hearts but only scored 3. That means less than 10% of our shots were goals. If we put it as a percentage, then yes, it is a bit concerning, but I'm sure once we have our final squad and a few weeks for them to gel, our conversion rate will increase.

At the same time, being able to have more than 30 shots also shows the total domination we had over Hearts.
Yes and I agree however cast your mind back to Celtic 2-1 Barcelona and the total dominance that Barcelona had over us that game yet we won. So of course early days very early days but we have to convert more of our chances HH

Like who gives a shit if Hearts scored more goals then us in the second half, we're the ones into the next round of the League Cup.

The coping mechanism these people have.....
I just find it hilarious the lengths this guy will go to to take away from possibly the best Celtic performance in a few years and keeping Abada and Christie ( hope his slight knock is ok for AZ) fresh will help us. Said before weve nothing to fear from them but must get more new faces in asap HH

My brothers at work and texted me this morning telling me levein said" people have to remember that hearts won the second half 2-1) I'm waiting to find out where he heard this but surely Craig levien is amongst the bitterest anti Celtic person there is out there and that says a lot. Yes Craig hearts won the second half 2-1 but you being a manager should know that games aren't won after a half. Oh just found out it was the radio. Got to remember Craig hearts did win the second half 2-1 but the important thing to remember is that hearts are out of the cup again at the hands of Celtic again so GIRFUY ya bigoted reptile 🤣
He also said that Celtic were miles ahead of Hearts in the First 60 Minutes and that was all Robbie could take from the game that and the Gennelli sub changed it fir them listened to game on the car radio.
He also said the play in the first half was as good as he’d seen from any Scottish team
And only the Goalkeeper Craig was the difference in the true reflection in the score line. But it was through gritted sandpapered teeth
He’s still a prat

🍀

That's also a concern for me though lubo the conversion rate is shocking when you look at it like that. Yes I'm keeping in mind its 3 weeks in but we must start converting more of these chances. Eddy v hearts couldve scored 4 but kept shooting straight at Gordon which made Gordon look like a much better keeper than the good one he is. We have 2 of the best ( the 2 best even) strikers in the land and when you put it like that we should be +30 at least in the gf department, hopefully this will come. I know it's hard to complain about 13 goals in 4 games ( laughable even) but that's got to be the target, a better conversion rate. Lennys Celtic would have 30 shots on target and be lucky to score 1 this has to change. We should be putting away 3 or 4 per game ( and we are so Idk what I'm moaning about 🤷🏻‍♂️) nah I'm serious lol
Believe stats can be very misleading winter.
Looks good on paper 30 shots on goal, also looks bad that only 3 were converted.
But in truth, how many were real goalscoring chances?
In general, I would say if a team is creating 5 big goal scoring chances in a game they aren't doing to bad. We are currently creating nearly double that, and yes big chances are still being squandered but not at the rate stats can mislead you.
Now I would say 6 goals would have been a fair return on Sunday, maybe 12 if we were deadly clinical and Gordon not making good saves.
I do agree that there is room for improvement by being more clinical in front of goal, but some of the football being played in creating so many changes is a total joy to watch at present.
Still early days and with fans back and getting up to match sharpness, I would feel that conversation rate in front of goals will improve and hoping sevco scum (SS) will become the biggest victim still.

Believe stats can be very misleading winter.
Looks good on paper 30 shots on goal, also looks bad that only 3 were converted.
But in truth, how many were real goalscoring chances?
In general, I would say if a team is creating 5 big goal scoring chances in a game they aren't doing to bad. We are currently creating nearly double that, and yes big chances are still being squandered but not at the rate stats can mislead you.
Now I would say 6 goals would have been a fair return on Sunday, maybe 12 if we were deadly clinical and Gordon not making good saves.
I do agree that there is room for improvement by being more clinical in front of goal, but some of the football being played in creating so many changes is a total joy to watch at present.
Still early days and with fans back and getting up to match sharpness, I would feel that conversation rate in front of goals will improve and hoping sevco scum (SS) will become the biggest victim still.
Was glad to see Eddy get his goal against Hearts and the fans getting behind him.I know he gets accused of being a lazy big bastard at times but i think thats just the way he is 🤣even in the warm up he looked like hed just rolled out his bed.

Was glad to see Eddy get his goal against Hearts and the fans getting behind him.I know he gets accused of being a lazy big bastard at times but i think thats just the way he is 🤣even in the warm up he looked like hed just rolled out his bed.
Had Kyogo squared the ball to him he was In the perfect position to score. I dont blame strikers for having a go at goal its why they're here and what they're paid for but if hed just lifted his head and seen eddy waiting that was a sure fire goal .

Just watched again his goal he laid it off then burst forward and got on the end of the (Kyogo’s class pass) to Jamsie.
but keep watching his reaction first in a long while a Smile and he reacts with the crowd. Thought he was linking well with the uptop players and the midfielders much better from him love the guy and if he stays
Imagine him and Kyogo’s link up the movement Mm pipe dream I know but what a thought 💭 👏

HH 🍀

Just watched again his goal he laid it off then burst forward and got on the end of the (Kyogo’s class pass) to Jamsie.
but keep watching his reaction first in a long while a Smile and he reacts with the crowd. Thought he was linking well with the uptop players and the midfielders much better from him love the guy and if he stays
Imagine him and Kyogo’s link up the movement Mm pipe dream I know but what a thought 💭 👏

HH 🍀
This has been missing from his game another striker to work with. How long did he play up front as the only striker with some wingers in support. Now he has strike partners we are again seeing the best of him. We are not a 1 up front side and never have been , of course certain european away games may require that approach but not in domestic football.

This has been missing from his game another striker to work with. How long did he play up front as the only striker with some wingers in support. Now he has strike partners we are again seeing the best of him. We are not a 1 up front side and never have been , of course certain european away games may require that approach but not in domestic football.

I agree with you.....when Eddy and Griff played together we were on fire and scoring for fun.....then NL bewilderingly binned the 2 up front.....very strange...

Good point winter.
Seeing the other side of eddy's game when he has the support to work with, shows what his real value to us can be.
Went fairly unnoticed on Sunday, but his delivery for Welsh goal was top drawer.
Still believe it was a routine that had been worked upon yet delivered perfectly.
We seen last season with front players asked to play as individuals, which was ridiculous.
Big question remains as to whether we should keep eddy to secure CL football or cash in and hope to get a replacement in?
Would still opt for the cash in myself and look at potentially lovric and a big target man myself for the longer term but not going to lose any sleep over if we decided to keep hold of eddy either.

I actually prefer Eddy coming in from the left.....which would obviously allow KYOGO to play up the middle and working the channels which he does very well.....there’s real flexibility starting to emerge methinks...

Back