CELTIC v minis 🤮

It's with purpose now though. Under lennon and in BRs last season it was pointless passing due to no one creating space in the midfield or forward line. But now there is a reason for it. We are inviting the opposition to press us and push their forwards and midfields up the park. We then have runners (ralston, taylor, abada, forrest, turnbull, Christie and of course Kyogo) creating loads of space in the midfield and forward lines....its perfect for attacking football. Our players are highly paid professionals and Ange is trusting them the stay calm and do their jobs and so far it's working. There will be mistakes, ofcourse there will but I'll take that if it means we are getting the exciting high scoring football that we are seeing at the moment. 🍀🍀🍀🍀
That might be the theory mate but we played ourselves into really tight, tricky situations yesterday. If you have players like Barca, etc. that’s fine but if you invite the press and get boxed in coz you cant play your way out you are asking for trouble. And that’s exactly what we did on several occasions. Unfortunately Taylor & Starfelt aren’t Busquets and Piquet.

Just watched the highlights on YT.
There is another penalty incident that most missed.
If you watch the vid, at 2.16, we get a corner, the one Eddy gets the head on saved by Gordon, as the ball is coming over Souter blatantly pushes Welsh in the back to the deck, Beaton has a clear view as he's standing behind them on the edge of the area, DOB.
Beaton had a clear view of many things he shouldve stopped play or awarded us a foul but didnt anyone would think that theres only 5 refs in the SPL but theres more not that we see them .

More often than not we were able to pass it out from the back and break quickly....most of our shots on goal came from build up play from the back. Over 30 shots on goal. The difference with this season and last is that the defenders are only taking 1 and 2 touches....not 6 or 7. We are all nervous at the moment when it happens but it's working. The players will grow in confidence and so will the fans. I go back to the jablonec match. Ralstons 1 touch play into mcgregor was brilliant. We will lose the ball, even Barca lost the ball, but our opposition isn't Real Madrid. I believe in Anges system and I believe it will bring us great joy....keep in mind we are only 3 weeks in...we've probably created near 100 shots on goal already.

More often than not we were able to pass it out from the back and break quickly....most of our shots on goal came from build up play from the back. Over 30 shots on goal. The difference with this season and last is that the defenders are only taking 1 and 2 touches....not 6 or 7. We are all nervous at the moment when it happens but it's working. The players will grow in confidence and so will the fans. I go back to the jablonec match. Ralstons 1 touch play into mcgregor was brilliant. We will lose the ball, even Barca lost the ball, but our opposition isn't Real Madrid. I believe in Anges system and I believe it will bring us great joy....keep in mind we are only 3 weeks in...we've probably created near 100 shots on goal already.
We need to start putting our chances away and having the odd pop from outside the box ,should have been 6 or 7 easy .

Last edited by a moderator:
That's also a concern for me though lubo the conversion rate is shocking when you look at it like that. Yes I'm keeping in mind its 3 weeks in but we must start converting more of these chances. Eddy v hearts couldve scored 4 but kept shooting straight at Gordon which made Gordon look like a much better keeper than the good one he is. We have 2 of the best ( the 2 best even) strikers in the land and when you put it like that we should be +30 at least in the gf department, hopefully this will come. I know it's hard to complain about 13 goals in 4 games ( laughable even) but that's got to be the target, a better conversion rate. Lennys Celtic would have 30 shots on target and be lucky to score 1 this has to change. We should be putting away 3 or 4 per game ( and we are so Idk what I'm moaning about 🤷🏻‍♂️) nah I'm serious lol

Last edited:
We should be putting away 3 or 4 per game ( and we are so Idk what I'm moaning about 🤷🏻‍♂️) nah I'm serious lol

We had more than 30 shots against Hearts but only scored 3. That means less than 10% of our shots were goals. If we put it as a percentage, then yes, it is a bit concerning, but I'm sure once we have our final squad and a few weeks for them to gel, our conversion rate will increase.

At the same time, being able to have more than 30 shots also shows the total domination we had over Hearts.

My brothers at work and texted me this morning telling me levein said" people have to remember that hearts won the second half 2-1) I'm waiting to find out where he heard this but surely Craig levien is amongst the bitterest anti Celtic person there is out there and that says a lot. Yes Craig hearts won the second half 2-1 but you being a manager should know that games aren't won after a half. Oh just found out it was the radio. Got to remember Craig hearts did win the second half 2-1 but the important thing to remember is that hearts are out of the cup again at the hands of Celtic again so GIRFUY ya bigoted reptile 🤣

My brothers at work and texted me this morning telling me levein said" people have to remember that hearts won the second half 2-1) I'm waiting to find out where he heard this but surely Craig levien is amongst the bitterest anti Celtic person there is out there and that says a lot. Yes Craig hearts won the second half 2-1 but you being a manager should know that games aren't won after a half. Oh just found out it was the radio. Got to remember Craig hearts did win the second half 2-1 but the important thing to remember is that hearts are out of the cup again at the hands of Celtic again so GIRFUY ya bigoted reptile 🤣
Like who gives a shit if Hearts scored more goals then us in the second half, we're the ones into the next round of the League Cup.

The coping mechanism these people have.....

Back