Celtic v Motherwell - Saturday 6 February, 3pm kick-off - all comments here

I'd like to see us start with Soro, have Broony on the bench as standby. Maybe rest Calmac too. So who's captain then? Has to be Ajer, I think he's ready. Also try Klimala and Ajeti up front. (have you gone nuts Bri?)
Look we've 5 subs why leave it til 10..5..2... mins to go to bring them on.
What have we got to lose now?

I wrote about this on another thread but guess it should be posted on here. I think we have found good defensive line-up that we should stick with for a run of games to let them gel and hopefully iron out a few of the twitchy moments they still suffered. Motherwell are a team who are struggling for form at the moment and I personally think CalMac needs a rest for a game or two, so here is my radical suggestion for this game: try playing a sort of 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 with Ajeti (penalty box poacher) alongside the hard working & physical Klimala with Eduoard operating behind them in a sort of number 10 role.

I'd then play Turnbull, Soro and Brown as the midfield three. It does make us quite narrow so the width needs to come from the full backs (but we have Brown and Soro who can drop back to help if they do bomb forward). This does leave us open to being over-run in midfield if Motherwell swamp it, but I'm not sure that will be too much of a problem as I fully expect them to sit deep in their own half and try to hit us on the break so our added pace in defence will help us here.

I think this gives us added firepower in a game which we could well spend 90 minutes trying to break down a stubborn defence. I know it will never happen and you may be able to find more flaws than good points in this formation:

Bain
Kenny Welsh Ajer Taylor
Turnbull Brown Soro
Eduoard
Ajeti Klimala​

I wrote about this on another thread but guess it should be posted on here. I think we have found good defensive line-up that we should stick with for a run of games to let them gel and hopefully iron out a few of the twitchy moments they still suffered. Motherwell are a team who are struggling for form at the moment and I personally think CalMac needs a rest for a game or two, so here is my radical suggestion for this game: try playing a sort of 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 with Ajeti (penalty box poacher) alongside the hard working & physical Klimala with Eduoard operating behind them in a sort of number 10 role.

I'd then play Turnbull, Soro and Brown as the midfield three. It does make us quite narrow so the width needs to come from the full backs (but we have Brown and Soro who can drop back to help if they do bomb forward). This does leave us open to being over-run in midfield if Motherwell swamp it, but I'm not sure that will be too much of a problem as I fully expect them to sit deep in their own half and try to hit us on the break so our added pace in defence will help us here.

I think this gives us added firepower in a game which we could well spend 90 minutes trying to break down a stubborn defence. I know it will never happen and you may be able to find more flaws than good points in this formation:

Bain
Kenny Welsh Ajer Taylor
Turnbull Brown Soro
Eduoard
Ajeti Klimala​
Looks good to me

After Celtic finally turned up at Rugby Park can we get a half decent performance at Celtic Park for a change? We'll have to wait and see...

All comments here...
Nah nah WC...according to Lenny that was a great performance and just the response he was looking for and everything is hunky dory noo.
Your pessimism is totally unwarranted as he’s showed his critics they were wrong.
🙄

It'll be the same team as Tuesday night with the possible exception of Elyounoussi for Christie. Would hope that Soro comes back in for Brown but unlikely to happen. Interesting to see how Welsh and Kenny do against a team that play three strikers and will occasionally attack.

Said previously our defence were on tenterhooks with every Killie corner.
I know we won well on paper but the defence is crying out for someone to take mental and physical responsibility. Either the goalie to be commanding or a centre half to dominate.
We seem to be sadly lacking in both.
Expect a decent win tomorrow anyway. 3 0.
HH

As long as Christie doesn't play we should win. He's like playing with 10. An empty jersey.
I agree, maybe his nose is being put out of joint by the alleged wage disparity, and the fact Turnbull has come into the scene and is getting a lot of attention. His shooting from range seems wild at the moment, some have suggested its on purpose, I don't think so. If you want to give the manager a headache you make yourself hard to drop. He needs to play out of his skin, an stop being a smacked arse.(allegedy).

A good team performance.
A performance that looks like they actually know each other and haven't just met on the bus on the way in.

Knowing Lennon the clean sheet will inspire him to put Duffy back in the squad just to keep us on our toes.

We have been nothing but consistent this season. So going on the last performance and result I'm going for, and believe me there is no pleasure in this, 2-1 to motherwell. Thats my real prediction BTW, not just for a reaction. Our home form has been a disgrace and we can't string two half decent performances together. I cant see that changing now....I hope I'm wrong obviously.

Get attackers on the park 2 strikers plus wingers in Mikey and a.n.other on the right.

I would even have Kris at RwB with Welsh and Bitton at the back along with Taylor at Lwb. With Soro and Turnbull running the midfield.

Just bloody play attacking football, keep possession and no stupid long ball stuff. Easy Peasy.
4 nuffin the hoops.

Eli Eddie and 2 fae Turnbull.

Members online

Latest posts

Back