Celtic v Motherwell - Saturday 6 February, 3pm kick-off - all comments here

it was pretty decent until we conceded and the manager tried to change the game
Agree but the main complaint from me is there is still too much sideways tippy tappy stuff going on. On the few occasions we were more direct we looked a lot more dangerous. Why do we think letting the opposition get back in numbers is a good idea? It’s fine if it’s for a reason-tire out the opposition, pull them out of position etc. but we don’t seem to achieve either of these ends

Taylor was the best player on the park shammy. Moving the ball constantly. Whipped in some great crosses. Controlled the left hand side of the park. Never made a mistake. Didn't look tired. Every single time we got the ball into the box he was involved. He started the move for eddy's goal with another quick pass.....so lenny subbed him...obviously.
Obviously, Lubo. Baffling decisions every bloody week now.

Agree but the main complaint from me is there is still too much sideways tippy tappy stuff going on. On the few occasions we were more direct we looked a lot more dangerous. Why do we think letting the opposition get back in numbers is a good idea? It’s fine if it’s for a reason-tire out the opposition, pull them out of position etc. but we don’t seem to achieve either of these ends
I seem to remember it being a complaint of the manager when he took over, they're still the same.
I think there's somewhere in between where it works best.
Missing the pace of Forrest and Johnston for those quick breaks.
You look up front for a quick ball and you've the static Eddie and the invisible man

Obviously, Lubo. Baffling decisions every bloody week now.
Griff came on. A guy that can't be arsed running, never bothered his arse. Klimala, a guy that looks like he would run through a brick wall for a chance to impress, stayed on the bench.
Rogic stayed on. A guy that is fucked after 60 minutes every game. Turnbull off.
Taylor. Said enough about him already. Off. Laxalt, 1st time they attacked he was out of position and they nearly scored. His one and only attempt at a cross was from about 10 yards from the half way line when there was a whole wing to run into. He crossed it into a packed well defence with no celtic players near by. Lennons subs gave well the boost they needed.

I seem to remember it being a complaint of the manager when he took over, they're still the same.
I think there's somewhere in between where it works best.
Missing the pace of Forrest and Johnston for those quick breaks.
You look up front for a quick ball and you've the static Eddie and the invisible man
No doubt I’ll catch it for this but does Broony have it written in his contract that he has to touch the ball every time we get possession?
Too much of him standing next to CBs passing it back and forth 5 yds.
There were a few times I thought Ajer/Welsh should simply have got it forward a lot quicker. It wouldn’t be so bad if Broony was spraying 50 yd passes forward when he gets it but he doesn’t. And he doesn’t have the legs for box to box runs anymore unlike Soro (who can IMO also pick out 30yd passes).

Welsh Man of the Match
Taylor great game
Eddie and Ajeti, doesn't work as well, as Eddie and Griff
The team chased and harried for every ball first half
Second half, the changes did us no favours
Turnbull off again ???
Griff should start with Eddie
JonJoe Kenny great first half, faded a bit in the second, but that could have been due to the changes made
Cole should have gone, for his Kung Fu kick to the chest, on Soro
Bain made a couple of good saves but I think the ball bounced just before the guy hit it for their goal and he couldn't get to it, as he had his feet planted
A win's a win, and there was some good football on show by the Bhoys
Watching Scotland v England at Rugby
COYBIB

No doubt I’ll catch it for this but does Broony have it written in his contract that he has to touch the ball every time we get possession?
Too much of him standing next to CBs passing it back and forth 5 yds.
There were a few times I thought Ajer/Welsh should simply have got it forward a lot quicker. It wouldn’t be so bad if Broony was spraying 50 yd passes forward when he gets it but he doesn’t. And he doesn’t have the legs for box to box runs anymore unlike Soro (who can IMO also pick out 30yd passes).
I wouldn't worry, there's more to life than everybody agreeing with you
I think thats been a recurring complaint since the Christie-rebirth to get a contract times.
Brown is a terrific player, not as quick as he used to be, and the games he dominates are fewer and further between. He is on the wane but can still cut it

Last edited:
Welsh Man of the Match
Taylor great game
Eddie and Ajeti, doesn't work as well, as Eddie and Griff
The team chased and harried for every ball first half
Second half, the changes did us no favours
Turnbull off again ???
Griff should start with Eddie
JonJoe Kenny great first half, faded a bit in the second, but that could have been due to the changes made
Cole should have gone, for his Kung Fu kick to the chest, on Soro
Bain made a couple of good saves but I think the ball bounced just before the guy hit it for their goal and he couldn't get to it, as he had his feet planted
A win's a win, and there was some good football on show by the Bhoys
Watching Scotland v England at Rugby
COYBIB
There only looks one winner at the moment :rolleyes:

Go back to 27/12/19 and he had all of the above, but he had a team playing for the jersey
This year he has the opposite and he has made countless baffling decisions

I never wanted lennon as manager again. Celtic fans talk about how sevco haven't won the league, we've gave it to them but I believe that's what happened last season. They handed it to us. The huns chucked it after their dubai trip for some reason but the warning signs were there...they bettered us enough to show they were improving. We have got worse and worse under lenny. Tactics have completely disappeared. Fitness is gone. No one has a clue what they are supposed to be doing. When players are playing well he subs them. Taylor will probably be dropped for the next game. Lennon is not a good manager at all. You have to look at the bigger picture with his title wins...huns going bust. No challengers. Hibs being a prem team in the championship. Huns cheating and rebuilding last season.

Nae point in getting aw riled up about what happened in this game , weve been rank for a good while bar 4 or 5 games. I'll take this win and just be happy that we did win . Hoping to see more of young Welsh hes impressed me from the first time I saw him. Worth improving his deal. 2 wins in a row! When did that last happen 🤔 right now I'll take anything we can thank you very much . Lennys out soon enough I'd like to see him go out with a match winning team at least. HH ☘

Nae point in getting aw riled up about what happened in this game , weve been rank for a good while bar 4 or 5 games. I'll take this win and just be happy that we did win . Hoping to see more of young Welsh hes impressed me from the first time I saw him. Worth improving his deal. 2 wins in a row! When did that last happen 🤔 right now I'll take anything we can thank you very much . Lennys out soon enough I'd like to see him go out with a match winning team at least. HH ☘
He might even find his best team by the season's end eh?

Members online

No members online now.

Back