Celtic v OFFC, Saturday 3rd September at 12:30pm (Parkhead timezone)

I had a wee moment on Saturday when I just couldn't believe what I'd just seen, for a spilt second I just sat there in awe and really only came to life when I realised everyone round about me was going wild, and what I had seen was real, it was a surreal few seconds, but Jota’s goal was just magical. 👌

It's all about opinions right enough.....if you're comfortable with allowing opposition players the time and space to repeatedly fire dangerous crosses in to our box, then that's your view.....it's not mine.....I wasn't questioning Ange's tactics.....I was more so questioning Juranovic, in him allowing this to frequently happen.....we don't agree.....it's not the end of the world.....we move on to new debates...
See this is the issue I do have imatim is trying to blame josip for these crosses into the box when it's not him at fault whatsoever imo.
Josip was on the banjo boy who knew he hasn't and can't get the better of josip hence now all the highlights are upon him now and showing him up for just how shite he really is and fuck all to offer, would say he's on par with MJ myself and still I would rather MJ before that shite hawk every day.
Back to the issue when banjo boy is laying the ball off to barisic then the focus would have to be upon O'Reilly or abada moreso for not getting back to cover the run of Barasic, yet these crosses were coming into the area from a position very close to the byline and not from a position where he could pick out potential free runners.
Hence I believe that Ange had confidence that CCV and starfelt would deal with the threat and even Taylor for the deeper cross, and yet we still have the outball in O'Reilly and abada to exploit the space vacated by Barasic.
A strong feature within his play over the years is Barasic is well capable of getting a decent ball into the area, yet remains a brutal defender at doing his main job imo, and believe we exploited his weekness and dealt well with the threat he can cause imo imatim, but can't and wouldn't put josip at fault in any way for not stopping these crosses imo.

See this is the issue I do have imatim is trying to blame josip for these crosses into the box when it's not him at fault whatsoever imo.
Josip was on the banjo boy who knew he hasn't and can't get the better of josip hence now all the highlights are upon him now and showing him up for just how shite he really is and fuck all to offer, would say he's on par with MJ myself and still I would rather MJ before that shite hawk every day.
Back to the issue when banjo boy is laying the ball off to barisic then the focus would have to be upon O'Reilly or abada moreso for not getting back to cover the run of Barasic, yet these crosses were coming into the area from a position very close to the byline and not from a position where he could pick out potential free runners.
Hence I believe that Ange had confidence that CCV and starfelt would deal with the threat and even Taylor for the deeper cross, and yet we still have the outball in O'Reilly and abada to exploit the space vacated by Barasic.
A strong feature within his play over the years is Barasic is well capable of getting a decent ball into the area, yet remains a brutal defender at doing his main job imo, and believe we exploited his weekness and dealt well with the threat he can cause imo imatim, but can't and wouldn't put josip at fault in any way for not stopping these crosses imo.

The only one of our centre backs I have strong faith in is CCV…..Starfelt to me has occasional lapses in concentration and lacks composure at times which leaves him prone to making mistakes imo…..I was hoping with him playing regularly his confidence would grow and he would cut out these errors…..he has improved a lot…..but he’s not there yet…..so to me, allowing dangerous crosses in to our box is asking for trouble…..defending cross balls is not our strong point, although we are improving…..and being honest, Barasic whips in an excellent ball as does Tavpen when they’re given the time and the space to do so…..we know the Hun game plan to a large degree revolves around this…..that’s where their major threat comes from in my view…..so I was critical of us allowing this to happen on numerous occasions whether it’s a tactical decision that we can deal with it, or not…..and only Ange can answer that question…..to be fair, you may be right in your synopsis…..but like I said previously, I don’t like to see dangerous crosses consistently being fired in to our penalty box as sooner or later it’s going to hurt us…..that being said, you make some valid points…

Back