Celtic v OFFC, Saturday 3rd September at 12:30pm (Parkhead timezone)

Ange's plan 'A'
Looks like the gaffer knows his stuff
The fantastic thing about this goal , jotas beauty strike aside, was that the first pass , the free kick took three rangers players out of the game instantly, the next pass to jota took out another three then the goal from jota takes out the keeper.
3 players interact and 7 players from 11 are taken out of the game.
Honestly the more I see it , the more this is one if those goals we will look back on for donkeys years its superb.
The finish itself wasnt unlike Abada v utd but the vision beforehand awesome

The fantastic thing about this goal , jotas beauty strike aside, was that the first pass , the free kick took three rangers players out of the game instantly, the next pass to jota took out another three then the goal from jota takes out the keeper.
Honestly the more I see it , the more this is one if those goals we will look back on for donkeys years its superb.
Our players all on the same page, and Jota's run and finish, was Larssonesque

This is the best that Celtic have been since the days of Larsson, Sutton, Hartson and Lubo.

These bhoys are a unit, they're tight, they're talented and they're working for a gaffer who knows what he's doing.........and then some!

Lap it all up while it's happening.

This is the best that Celtic have been since the days of Larsson, Sutton, Hartson and Lubo.

These bhoys are a unit, they're tight, they're talented and they're working for a gaffer who knows what he's doing.........and then some!

Lap it all up while it's happening.
He's doing a Jock Stein. With a twist. Relentless. Let's see where it takes us on Tuesday against the very best.

Believe that the goal was a world class goal myself winter and was such a joy seeing fat orange prick boyd trying to pull all the faults out of it yet would have possibly pulled the hood off himself if the scum could have managed such a goal of such beauty.
Was a better worked goal than the kyogo winner at hampden against hibs imo and similar as to where the quick thinking was key to creating an opportunity.
Could never say a goal was on where O'Reilly received the ball in the position he was in, yet the quality, speed and weight of pass for the vision and timing of jotas run was totally incredible.
Even then when Jota received the ball everything was against him with the keeper favourite with such an angle against Jota and to make such a difficult finish look so easy to him was an all round fantastic team effort with such incredible skills to pull off in the manner that it was.
Seen every goal scored in the EPL this weekend and not any of them come close to the quality involved in that goal imo.
Any team capable of scoring such a goal are a very good team in there own right and gives myself that extra confidence of actually being well able to beat a team like Madrid imo.

I get some of the crosses into the box that some on here are talking about it’s a dangerous thing to do but I honestly think our manager gave up this space to allow the creative players the space they needed and got to devastate the scum back line it was a similar thing to the 3-0 nil game give them the left hit them on the right put the ball across then the space is there for Abada/Jota/Abada to score.
Dangerous yes but this Manager Ken’s his stuff we may see something different on Wednesday.
In the Athenian Fenian we trust
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

He's doing a Jock Stein. With a twist. Relentless. Let's see where it takes us on Tuesday against the very best.

Ma biggest fear, if we can see how good ange has become in just over a year in the job, so to will the teams down south, if we have a good showing in the champions league, someone’s gonna ask him to jump ship and head down south, there always a lot of middle to bottom EPL teams that dump their managers around Xmas…….

Ma biggest fear, if we can see how good ange has become in just over a year in the job, so to will the teams down south, if we have a good showing in the champions league, someone’s gonna ask him to jump ship and head down south, there always a lot of middle to bottom EPL teams that dump their managers around Xmas…….
I think Leicester City will have a managerial vacancy in the next few days...

A concern yes BB, but believe Ange puts principles well ahead of wealth imo.
Never going to get a better job than the one he has currently got imo, and just a feeling that the overpaid pampered big league players wouldn't really be his cup of tea either.
Only still in the process of where he actually wants to bring us as a club i would say and fully intends to see that through, not unless this board have any other ideas imo BB

Believe that the goal was a world class goal myself winter and was such a joy seeing fat orange prick boyd trying to pull all the faults out of it yet would have possibly pulled the hood off himself if the scum could have managed such a goal of such beauty.
Was a better worked goal than the kyogo winner at hampden against hibs imo and similar as to where the quick thinking was key to creating an opportunity.
Could never say a goal was on where O'Reilly received the ball in the position he was in, yet the quality, speed and weight of pass for the vision and timing of jotas run was totally incredible.
Even then when Jota received the ball everything was against him with the keeper favourite with such an angle against Jota and to make such a difficult finish look so easy to him was an all round fantastic team effort with such incredible skills to pull off in the manner that it was.
Seen every goal scored in the EPL this weekend and not any of them come close to the quality involved in that goal imo.
Any team capable of scoring such a goal are a very good team in there own right and gives myself that extra confidence of actually being well able to beat a team like Madrid imo.
Aye it's true, and when you see the unique angle view ( love those), the speed jota arrives onto the ball, looks like McLaughlin thinks hes just going to shoot but does that?
True quality stamped all over it.
Boyd can say that and has a point in they switched off , you see GVBs going nuts when the free kick is taken but as soon as it's taken theres only one outcome and that's that goal we'll talk about for years.
Is it better than Abadas v utd? Probably but very similar though jota lifts it higher , Abada squeezes it into position.
Both are great goals and I'm sure Abada wont mind if people say jotas goal was better, getting two on the day etc
All good 😁🍀

See to myself it's questioning Ange's tactical decisions, which I personally think he got spot on imo.
As regards the crosses into the box, the scum were already chasing the game and was there only potential outlet, in one that has been used for years and with a fair degree of success also.
Yet we still had any runners covered and dealt with that threat very well imo, will it be an issue come Tuesday against Madrid, I've got no idea as Ange and his coaching team I would expect to have analysised Madrid and have a decent idea upon where there main threats come from, like the weeknesses we hope to exploit.
Regards Ange tactics yesterday, I also believe it was a deliberate ploy to stand off a little bit more instead of engaging more so with the pressing in the full knowledge that the scum haven't got the movement and ball passing skills with no imagination to really hurt us and couldn't either.
Could we take a different approach against a Madrid team that I wouldn't expect to be on a mission to maim our players?
Every game is different and believe that Ange prepares our team very well for each challenge faced, and even if given up possession turned out to be part of the plan than getting involved in a slug fest and risk the higher risk of injury, then that could have been a poor call from Ange imo.
Never done stats and yesterday showed the reason why.
45% possession, yet were in total control of the game, scored 4 and created a few more also, against 1 cross of danger and 55%possession.
Know what stat I'm more content with.

It's all about opinions right enough.....if you're comfortable with allowing opposition players the time and space to repeatedly fire dangerous crosses in to our box, then that's your view.....it's not mine.....I wasn't questioning Ange's tactics.....I was more so questioning Juranovic, in him allowing this to frequently happen.....we don't agree.....it's not the end of the world.....we move on to new debates...

He's said from the start mixing it with the big bhoys inn europe is the test he's set for himself not helping bournmouth stay up :LOL:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back